Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,085 Words
  • 999 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 19. Chapter 6.3 - An Ego Boost - Miracle

Last but not least it's Regal and Addison. They change back and forth with Hunter's POVs in 6.1. Check out the end of the chapter to figure out all the details.

Addison Jefferies

5 Tonight was a special night of the month for Regal. It was the one night of the month he's able to perform and sing in town. Sure he sings all the time at home and to the radio and such but nothing like this.

It was his outlet to show off his voice. It also gets a lot of people to come out and watch him. “You better cheer the loudest.” With a wink, Regal headed backstage to wait for his time to sing.

There were a few acts before Regal; they were pretty good. They each held their own in how good they are with their voices, though Regal is leagues above them. That is what happens when you've gotten advice from professional vocalists.

“Thank you, Emily and that wonderful performance of 'Concrete Angel.' Now, will you all welcome to the stage our hometown legend, Regal Todd.” The announcer waved his hand as Regal entered the stage.

He took the mic and waited for his music to begin. “This one is for my boyfriend, Addison.” I got shot a wink just as the music started up.

 

Say it once, tell me twice
Are you certain I’m alright?
Just a sign, to remind me
That tomorrow’s worth the fight
Ever changing the storyline that keeps me alive
So make a wish, and say…

Miracle by Shinedown was one of my family's favorite songs. Regal heard it so much at my place that it got stuck in his head. He's been working on his style to it. Since he's still working on it, he's not moving around the stage so much.

Regal likes to change the sound to his voice for each song. He has a really good knack at imitating other voices for his singing. But he always sounds like himself because he adds his own twists to the songs.

 

Give me life, give me love
Scarlet angel from above
Not so low, not so high
Keep it perfectly disguised

Every changing the storyline that keeps me alive
My Mona Lisa’s making me smile
Right before my eyes!

Take another look
Take a look around
It’s you and me
It’s here and now
As you sparkle in the sky
I’ll catch you while I can
Cause all we are is all I am

I just want you to see
What I’ve always believed
You are…
The miracle in me

 

Regal smiled as he started to move around the stage. He must have gotten more comfortable with the song. Maybe a bit of nerves got the better of him in the beginning; he'll never admit it, though.

Show me faith, like you do
I’m amazed at how you move
Side to side, front to back
You know how to make it last

Ever changing the storyline that keeps us alive
My Mona Lisa’s making me smile
Right before my eyes!

 

This is the Regal I know! He's moving around the stage like he owns it. Getting really into the song and putting his entire body into it. This is the kind of performance that you can get into yourself.

Take another look
Take a look around

It’s you and me
It’s here and now
As you sparkle in the sky
I’ll catch you while I can
Cause all we are is all I am

I just want you to see
What I’ve always believed
You are…
The miracle in me

 

Regal signaled me to join him on stage. At first, I shook my head, but when someone came up behind me and pushed me on stage, I really had no choice. I stood awkward on stage as I was serenaded.

These are the moments you can’t pass back
Let’s turn the water to wine
One more time!

Take another look
Take a look around
It’s you and me
It’s here and now
As you sparkle in the sky
I’ll catch you while I can
Cause all we are is all I am

The miracle in me
You’re the miracle in me

The moment the song finished the crowd went up in a frenzy. Regal did a really great job overall, and it's a song he can add to his arsenal for sure. That's my opinion at least.

 

Regal Todd

7 “I killed it!” I really did, owned that stage like it was my own hairbrush in the shower. There was no way anyone could say a bad thing about it. “What did you think Addie?”

Addie was driving me home at the moment. “You did a great job, Regal. I look forward to you becoming natural with the song.”

I turned down the music playing on the radio. “Say what now?”

“The beginning of the song was a little shaky. When you started to move and become more 'you' and much better.” He looked over just slightly and must have noticed my unimpressed look. “I'm not saying you weren't good.”

"Sounds like that's what you're saying.”

He let out a big sigh. “Regal, you did a good job. You did even better when you started acting like yourself.”

“I guess I don't need to hear your criticism since you're not a professional and all.” I crossed my arms and legs and looked out the window away from Addison.

He just shook his head and continued driving. When we got to my house, and he pulled up, I left the car slamming the door behind me.

I slammed the front door of the house too. “How was it Regal?” Mom asked from the living room.

“I don't know, ask Addison.” I marched upstairs and into my room. Addison was going to be coming in; I'm sure he's going to give my mother all the info on how I failed tonight according to him. Try and sing the guy's family song and he can't even say thanks.

Arroh knocked on my door but stood in the doorway. “Hey Regal...”

“What?” I barked at him, he flinched.

He was taken aback by my attitude I guess. “I was wondering if you could take me shopping on the weekend. Mom is busy, and I need to get stuff for a school project.”

I flopped down onto my bed. “Yes, I can. When do you need to go?”

“Sometime in the afternoon. I'm open to your schedule.” Good! I get to decide when we're going. “Just remind me okay?”

“Sure.” he left with a smile on his face. At least I can make one person happy today.

Addison never made it into my room. He probably just told mom about my flop and left. Guess I'm going to become the laughing stock of the house. AWESOME.

Chapter End.

The Chronological order of Chapter 6 is:
1. Tax's POV(6.1)
2. Breston's POV(6.2)
3. Elijah's POV(6.2)
4 Hunter's POV(First Half)(6.1)
5. Addion's POV(6.3)
6. Hunter's POV(Second Half)(6.1)
7. Regal's POV(6.3)
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is the most delicate and difficult thing to do, to give out constructive criticism to someone close to you AND over something he's done specially for you ... Oh, Addison ... (sigh). I could always say that Addison could have handled this better, but he was just being true and honest ... (more sighs)

 

I understand how Regal felt the way he did, I think he's still not totally confident with his singing skills to be so sensitive, BUT then again he's only a teenager and teenagers are mostly thin skinned ...

 

To leave the situation unresolved is the worst, hopefully they'll talk their way through it and have fantastic make up sex ! (I've never denied that I'm a pervert, however both of them should be above the legal age, at least to do that with each other ...)
:gikkle:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..