Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,315 Words
  • 867 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 27. Chapter 9.2 - Hunter - Stressed Out

It's a family dinner with the Bells! With 13 people there for dinner, it's time for Hunter to increase some of his bonds with his new found family.

Hunter

2

“Do we have to?” I whined at Lucas. “Nick's family is nice and all, but I don't know any of them!” Nick's mom is having a family dinner, and EVERYONE is going to be there. I was the oldest kid out of the lot.

 

Lucas smiled. “You know Liam, and Nick's parents.” I flopped myself down on the couch. “Gage and Sam will be there with their sons Fredrick and Aaron. Plus you'll finally meet Clair and Ricky, Liam's parents. It will be fine.”

 

“And Lame. Family dinners are never fun.”

“Why do you say that Hunter?” Nick came around the corner fixing his shirt in the mirror. “Family dinners have always been fun in my experience.”

 

“Family dinners have always been with Gran and Grandpa, Mom's parents. They need to relax a bit honestly, always so serious in their conversations.” Lucas nodded, and Nick continued to fix his shirt.

 

“Shyla's parents were always a bit serious, especially at dinner.” Lucas laughed. “This will be much different though, promise. Brittney and Hector entertain in a much different way, you'll enjoy yourself.”

 

“Why is Nick getting all dressed up then?” I remained in my pj's trying to protest the dinner we would inevitably go to. “Do I have to dress up too?”

 

“Nope!” Nick finished looking at himself in the mirror. “Mom doesn't expect it of anyone. I just think it's respectful to come well dressed to dinner.” Well, that's only slightly weird, but whatever.

 

“So please go get dressed and bring your game or something. You'll be coming to dinner if you like it or not.” Lucas brought down the heat fast. Guess I'm going to dinner with Nick's family. I did end up bringing my game with me; have to have something to do while I'm there.

 

 

I was mostly left alone while I was there. Liam was occupied by his younger cousins, Fredrick and Aaron. That left me to playing my game for a few hours. Well until Nick's mom Britney came over and sat down with me.

 

“How are you enjoying the stay with your father?” She sat watching her grandchildren play.

 

“It's been cool. Very different from staying with my mom and Jayce.” I didn't look up from my game.

 

Britney pointed towards one of the boys. “Liam there stays with us more than his parents. They are in the middle of what looks like it'll be a very messy divorce.” Wow, I had no idea...

 

This time I actually looked up from my game. “How come Ricky is here then? If they are in the middle of all that, why are they together if they are breaking up?” That didn't make sense to me.

 

“They don't see it; they think they are just in a rough patch. Liam knows a bit though; he knows his parents aren't getting along.” That must be rough for the little guy. “Did you know Jayce used to have a thing for Nick?”

 

Sudden change in topic has caught my interests. “What!? No!”

 

She laughed. “Yes, Jayce tried to get Nick's attention when Lucas was in a bit of a rough patch. They never did get together though.” No surprise there. Jayce and Nick don't look like they would work out anyways. “How did your mom and Jayce end up together?”

 

“You change topic often don't you?”

 

“Well, I share as much as I need to about subjects, and get a little glimpse into your head.” God, she is such an adult! “But how did they meet?”

 

“Mom and I were out on the town, and Jayce walked up and asked if mom was mom. From there they started to hang out a bit and became a bit more than friends.” It's been almost three years since that happened and Jayce has just made mom and me happier. “He's really helped out and makes us very happy.”

 

“That's good.” She rubbed my shoulder. “How do you like it here? Not having any trouble in school?”

 

“Nope, I've stayed out of trouble so far. Tax actually asked me out, which is more than I got when I was at home.” I could feel my cheeks heat up.

 

“I'm happy you have a date, Hope it goes well for you. Taxon is a very nice boy.” His sister is a little less nice and more demanding, but nonetheless good to be around. “Dinner will be ready shortly; would you gather the young ones and get them washing their hands?”

 

“I'll try.” I got up, getting a pat on the back. Britney went back into the house while I went and somehow corralled the children. They listened a little better than you would think. They almost all wanted to get inside and get cleaned up; the food is super good after all.

 

The table was filled with food! Everything you could think of for a holiday dinner was there. Ham, turkey, scalloped potatoes, and my personal favorite stuffing. There wasn't even much of a reason for the extravagance; it was just a day the entire family could be together.

 

It was nice sitting at a table full of conversation. Parents making sure their kids eat family sharing stories about work and life. Liam had been talking my ear off about his friends and school.

 

The entire table went quiet when Britney spoke up, “There's has to be something with the boys in this family, more than half of you are gay or bi.”

 

“Gage, Nick, Sam, Lucas and Hunter... That just leaves the three youngest boys.” Hector continued.

 

I raised my hand awkwardly. “I'm technically not of this family by blood.”

 

Hector waved it off. “You're still my grandson. Lucas and Nick are partners. Therefore anything of Lucas' blood is of our blood.” I could feel the blush hit my face. They have known me for just a few months, and I'm already family. That makes me very happy. “Say, Lucas, has Hunter met your parents yet? Blake?”

 

“No sir, they haven't had the time yet. Mom is always busy with work and dad is almost always out of town. Blake only visits once in a while, so it won't be until maybe Christmas when they meet.” We've tried to meet my grandparents, but it's exactly as he said. Blake... Uncle Blake? I've spoken to a bit on the phone.

 

“Well, maybe we can have a triple family Christmas Dinner,” Britney suggested. “Ours, Lucas's and Isaac's. Isaac's sister is moving back to town, and we can bear the burden. Oh, and we could have the Rieus too.”

 

Hector shook his head. “You're making way to much work for yourself you know that?”

 

“It makes sense to have all the families here. We have the space for them all, and we are all connected. Hunter, let me explain it all to you.” She must have seen my face and my thinking of how the hell they are all connected. “You can see all of us here, plus we usually have Isaac's family over for Christmas dinner. Antoine's brother, Mattieu, is Blake's roommate, so we'll have two of five possibly at dinner.”

 

“Are you sure you can handle all that honey? That's...” Hector thought, using his hands to count the number of people they would host, “twenty-seven people to have dinner for.”

 

“Only if they all accept!” I pipped in.

 

Gage laughed. “True, but being realistic, they all will.”

 

“We will do the turkey and stuffing, and then we'll potluck the rest,” Britney suggested. “Would make things much easier for everyone.” Twenty-seven people in one house for dinner... that is bound to be chaos! But I wouldn't miss it.

That is going to be one huge dinner at the Bells household. Will it happen though? Well I wouldn't mention the idea if it wasn't right?
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..