Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,552 Words
  • 987 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 22. Chapter 7.3 - Unforgiving - Battleships

As you probably noticed in 7.1 and 7.2 Arroh gets a POV in this chapter. He may get more POVs in later chapters but no he's not gay or bi. So don't expect anything special with him.
Starting in Chapter 8, the POVs will be in one sole chapter, in order, on Nifty. So If you want that as an option there will a link in the next chapter to Chapter 8 on Nifty.

Regal Todd

2 There was a silence at the table between Addison and me. I'm sure everyone else could sense the tension; it was thick enough to cut it with a knife. This has happened a few times, and everyone else just goes on like we don't exist.

This happens every time Addie, and I get into a fight. He always backs down and removes himself, leaving the fight unresolved. It bugs the living hell out of me. Just deal with the fight all the way through.

When the bell went off to signal lunch was over I stood up. “Thanks for the company guys.” and walked off towards my next class. I have been bathing in this anger since last night, so it's still relatively fresh.

Not many people spoke to me throughout the school day. I liked it that way anyways it let me be to my thoughts.

After school had finished up, I waited for Addison at his car. When he came out of the school, I could see him let out a sigh before continuing towards me. “Want a ride home?”

“No, I have my own car.” I sat there waiting for him to speak again.

“I don't know what you want me to say, Regal. I gave you...”

I interrupted him. “How about 'you did a really good performance, and I was wrong'?”

“Regal just listen for a second.” I crossed my arms and glared at him. I hate when people tell me to 'listen for a second.' “I said your performance was good, but it had a shaky start. I'm sorry you interpreted that as me calling your performance bad, I had never said it was. It was great when you got into it and easily a song you can add to your line up. All I said it could use a little work in the beginning.”

“If one part of the performance was bad, the whole thing was. You think I'll be able to become a singer by fucking up?” I got up furious at him.

Addison looked at me dead in the eyes. “You think singers don't have bad days? That when they first start singing new songs, they don't have problems? That they sing a song once and it's recorded that way for every song, they ever record?

“Regal I get that you want singing to be your life. The way you make money and the way the history of the world will remember you. I hope it happens for you; I look forward to the day your name gets huge. You made it to live performances, remember that.

“You are a great singer, a mini-celebrity in this town of ours, and I have never told you otherwise. No, I'm not a professional or someone who knows how the human voice works. I could tell when a voice cracked when I heard it, though. I could tell you your performance at the start was drastically different than the way it ended. That as the song went on you got better.

“I'm not going to sugar coat everything for you. I'm going to tell you when something sounds off to me. You're allowed to tell me 'that's the way I want it to sound' but that won't change my opinion of it. So if you can't handle me giving you input on my family's song, I am sorry.”

He went around to get into his car. I turned towards him, uncrossing my arms and clenching my fists. “Sorry for what?”

“For giving you my opinion in the first place.” With that, he got into his car and drove off.

I stood there staring off into the distance, roughly towards his house. I didn't even know how to take what he said to me. In the midst of trying to wrap my head around it, Arroh knocked me out of my trance.

“Can we go home now? We've been here for almost half an hour, and we're the only students here...” Arroh swayed from foot to foot impatiently.

“Ya, get in.” The car ride home was quietly awkward. No one said anything, at least that's how I hoped it would have been. Arroh was being nosy and wondering what was happening between Addison and I. “Just stay out of it.”

He frowned, I could see from the corner of my eye. “Why do you have to be so mean to me?”

I rolled my eyes. “We're brothers; you expect me to be nice?”

“Tax and Dash are nice to each other. They are brother and sister, which is even worse. Sure they make comments and get into fights, but they talk to each other. The most I ever get from you is 'shut up' in one way, shape or form or grunts.” Arroh let out a huge sign and looked out the car window, away from me.

I said nothing to the runt the whole ride home. He was out of my car like a bullet when we arrived and in the house just as fast. I followed behind him only plenty slower. Mom had this look on her face as I got inside.

She kept me from going upstairs to my room by asking, “What's up with Arroh? He looks upset.”

“He doesn't like how I'm not nice to him all the time.” Mom's face told me she agreed with him. “Tell me all about how I should treat him nice.”

“Siblings fight, it's only natural.” She shrugged and got up to go somewhere. “It would help if you weren't so hidden behind the wall you set up.”

I just rolled my eyes and walked off to my room. I don't need people to tell me I have walls; I know they are there. They aren't going anywhere. And they are 'his' fault they are there!

 

Arroh Todd

6 “Regal when are we going to the store?” I asked my brother for like the fifth time today. He said we were going to go today, but we have yet to head out.

He glared over at me. “We'll go soon.” I got growled at.

I threw myself back melodramatically. “You said that twenty minutes ago. What's the delay?” Regal didn't reply at all. So I let out a huff and rolled my eyes. It's going to turn out that we don't go, I bet you.

It almost takes another hour before Regal finally threw my jacket at me. “Come on.” I just did as he told me, no point in arguing or saying anything in retort. It only took a few minutes to get there. “Text me when you're ready to leave.”

“Okay,” I said as I walked off in search of what I needed for my project. I looked in a couple of stores and found a few things. I found most of the stuff I needed before long.

I figured Regal would be buying time looking around, so I did the same. I stopped by the Best Buy to look at some of the new games and computers. There were some really neat looking ones, but they were all too expensive for my budget.

“That one looks really good.” I turned to see a guy who looked about my age. “It's got the newest and best processor in it.” His hair was so blonde that it looked white. His blue eyes were covered in glasses.

“I'm not really looking for a new laptop, just browsing for now.” I looked at the price for the laptop; it was the most expensive one here. “Oh wow, it's really expensive.”

“It should be its top of the line.” I have no idea why this kid is talking to me. I've never seen him around school. “My name is Vega, by the way.”

“Arroh, how come I haven't seen you around school?”

The guy scratches the back of his head. “I just moved to town. My mom just bought into a restaurant, and it's just getting started. We got into town early this week.”

“Oh cool, is it that Bayes' place?”

“Bayes' and Mills, That's right!” I heard some good reviews of the restaurant but haven't had the chance to go to it yet. “My mom is the co-owner. The chef is the other co-owner.” That's cool.

“So what are you doing here Vega? Shouldn't you be unpacking or something?”

He shook his head. “Nope, picking up a new laptop while handing out resumes. The manager here said I have an interview tomorrow!”

“Oh cool, aren't you a little young for a job?” I mean he couldn't be any older than I am.

He laughed and shook his head. “I'm 16.” WAIT WHAT!? He's two years older than I am! How does this make any sense? “People always tell me I look young for my age.”

“I'd say, you look my age!”

“Thanks, I guess?” Vega checked his watch rather quickly. “Shit, I need to go. I'll see you later Arroh, you seem like a cool guy.”

“See ya.” I waved him off a little confused. Luckily that was when my phone buzzed to tell me Regal was getting impatient. Guess I should let him do what he wants now. Vega... he's interesting. I wonder what Tax will think of him.

Chapter End.

1. Taxon's POV(Part 1)(7.1)
2. Regal's POV(7.3)
3. Hunter's POV(7.1)
4. Taxons's POV(Part 2)(7.1)
5.Elijah's POV(7.2)
6.Arroh's POV(7.3)
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..