Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,116 Words
  • 938 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 21. Chapter 7.2 - A Helpful Soul - Torches

I've yet to get Elijah off his feet in his story. That will change soon, I promise! I don't want Elijah to fade into the background.
Starting in Chapter 8, the POVs will be in one sole chapter, in order, on Nifty. So If you want that as an option there will a link in the next chapter to Chapter 8 on Nifty.

Elijah Holmes

5 Mom and I decided that we'd go out shopping. Well, more so Mom made me go with her. She's looking for new stuff for the house since we had to sell some stuff before moving. Even Breston's dad had to sell some stuff.

So there's some stuff we need to pick up.

“What do you think of this sofa Elijah?” Mom was sitting on this couch while I was reclining in a lazy boy. “How about that chair?”

“Chair is super comfy; we should get it.” I started the massage settings, and it just made me convinced even more that we needed this chair. “Brandon would love it.”

Suddenly mom appeared right over me. “And you would never get a chance to sit in it. Come on get up and help.” I sat up and reluctantly got up. “You get to sit and tell me if it's comfy.”

“Sweet I'm in!” So we went around and sat on sofa after sofa. It got boring fast but I mean I got a say in the furniture we get. More than Brandon, Breston's dad, could say.

Mom had finally stopped looking at couches and started looking into other stuff. I was set free from her clutches and free to roam as I pleased. She wanted me to stay in the store, so I returned to my big comfy chair.

Only there was someone already sitting in my chair. So I went to find another one. “Elijah!” Someone called out my name. I turned to see Quinn smiling waving at me. “Hey Elijah, what brings you here?”

“Since we just moved here mom wanted to pick out a few things for the house.” I looked around the store for mom. She was over looking at some vases. “There, she is over there.” I pointed her out for Quinn.

“Who's that Quinn?” The guy sitting in 'my' chair got up and walked over. I stared at him nervously. “Who's your friend?”

Quinn grinned, showing his teeth. “This is Elijah from school. I told you how he was helping me in a couple of my classes the other day.” Clearly, Quinn knew the guy, probably his dad or something. “This is my dad Elijah.” Told you.

“Nice to meet you, sir.” I offered my hand out. He took it and shook it with a firm grip.

“You as well Elijah. Thank you for looking after Quinn here in school. I greatly appreciate all you've done for him.” I haven't done that much, just been a friend like anyone else would. “Did I overhear that you're here with your mother?”

“Ya, she's over there.” I turned to see my mom was no longer where I had seen her last. “Oh, umm she's somewhere in here.” I looked around the store with no luck in seeing her.

“There she is!” Quinn pointed her out. She had something in her hands, must have been crouched to look at it or something. “You want to talk to her, don't you dad?”

“Yes, I do. I'll be right back.” And he headed off towards my mom.

Quinn had an embarrassed look on his face. His cheeks were reddened, and he was looking at the ground. Kind of like how he was when I was first introduced to him. It made him look cute.

“Sorry about my dad,” Quinn said out of nowhere.

I questioned him, “What for?”

“He's going to tell your mom how you've helped me out when you didn't need to. That she should be proud of you.” What makes that something he should be sorry for? “You see, sometimes I get nervous and shake a bunch. Not everyone is patient like you to handle me.”

Oh... I guess that would be a good reason for his dad to talk to my mom. I didn't think Quinn was so anxious of a person. “So that's why the teacher partnered you with Luke and me?” Quinn nodded. “It wasn't anything really. Sometimes you just have to take your time.”

“I want to thank you too, Elijah. I feel a little calmer when I'm around you. You and Hunter make me feel the same way.” That Hunter guy in the grade above us? Rumors have been circulating about him having been in fights in his old school. I wonder what makes Quinn feel safe around him.

“It's nothing really, Quinn.”

“It's way more than nothing Elijah!” Quinn giggled. “Come on; I think my dad is talking your mom's ear off.” Quinn grabbed my wrist and brought me over to our parents.

Sure enough, his dad was right in the middle of talking. “That one would match the sofa you want better.” He noticed us walked up together. “Oh hello, boys.”

“Are you talking her ear off dad?” Quinn stuck his tongue out a bit towards his dad. “I'm sorry he can be such a blabber mouth. My name is Quinn.”

“Nice to meet you, Quinn. Elijah mentioned you a few times before.” She made me blush with that comment. “Your father said he would like to have Elijah over for dinner to say thanks.”

Dinner for thanks? I feel like this is being blown way out of proportion. “Ya! My dad is a professional chef and cooks the best dinners. You have to come over!” I mean I'll take a dinner, but I have no idea why this is such a big deal.

“Quinn can find it hard to bond with others and especially those who are very outgoing. Knowing he has a friend like you Elijah makes me very thankful.” I still don't get it but whatever. I'll get a free professionally cooked meal out of it. “What do you say, Elijah?”

“Sure, I'll take you up on the offer.”

Quinn's dad looked delighted at my acceptance. “I'll have to set a date later; I don't know when I'll be available next. I'm just starting up a restaurant you see, and it's taking up most of my time. Quinn usually spends his time after school at the restaurant.”

“Well if you'd like to, you're more than welcome at our place for the evening.” Mom invited Quinn. “No pressure though Quinn.”

He shrugged. “Maybe, I'll think about it. I like being at the restaurant. When I don't have any homework, I usually end up helping out.”

His dad ruffled Quinn's hair. “He's one excellent busboy.” Quinn giggled with a huge grin on his face. “Thank you for the offer Elizabeth.” They are already on a first name basis, that's weird.

“He's welcome anytime.” I guess Quinn will be coming over once in a while after school. That'll be fun!

Chapter End.

1. Taxon's POV(Part 1)(7.1)
2. Regal's POV(7.3)
3. Hunter's POV(7.1)
4. Taxons's POV(Part 2)(7.1)
5.Elijah's POV(7.2)
6.Arroh's POV(7.3)
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..