Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,423 Words
  • 807 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 31. Chapter 10.2 - Taxon - Still Into You

Is Taxon having second thoughts on dating Hunter?

Taxon

4

It was the day after the date with Hunter, and I was currently at work. Lucky for me Regal wasn't at work today. I was happy to be inside since it was pouring out. Regal gone meant no bothering me all the time. It was just Zelda and me with Uncle Antoine working in the back.

 

“So how was your date last night Taxon?” We had been working for probably an hour together. I had hoped I wasn't going to be asked.

I offered a smile though and answered. “It was good, Hunter was a fine gentleman, and I look forward to possible future dates with him.” And his big cock... But she didn't need to know that.

 

Seriously though, for a 14-year-old he was massive. He had to get it from Lucas because hot damn he is packing some serious meat.

 

“What about that boy you met when you went on that trip with your Uncle?” Zelda was sorting through one of the many boxes of cards the store had. She did this when she needed cards for her game. “I thought you and him were going to be a thing.”

 

I shrugged. “He wanted to and then suddenly stopped. We made up though, and are now friends.” Dominique... I would have liked to have gone on a date with you, but Hunter was just fine.

 

“Well, I'm glad about the entire situation for you then.” Well, I'm a teenager Zelda... I'm not telling you half the information, and you should know that. “Customer, can you handle them she said still looking through the cards for another customer.”

 

“Sure!” I turned and waited for the customer to enter the store. It was pretty clear they were heading our way though. So once they got into the store, I did my standard welcome. “Welcome to Antoine's, how can I help you?”

 

When they removed their hood, Dominique was revealed. “Oh, hey Taxon. How are you doing?”

 

“Pretty good, what brings you to the shop today?” He's a customer, gotta make sure he's helped.

 

Dominique looked around the store for a moment. “Where are your Magic cards?”

 

“Over here with Zelda.” Uncle Antoine had a couple of display cases full of Magic The Gathering trading cards. It's still a popular trading card game. “Are you looking for a certain card?”

He laughed. “I have a list from my cousin to check for. There's like twenty cards on it; luckily he's not expecting them all.” Dominique offered the list over to me.

 

I took it and looked it over once. “Well, it's a good thing we have a book of the cards we have in stock.” It took almost an hour in total to find all the cards he needed. We had to find them in the book, and then go and find them in the store. We ended up getting a little more than half by the end of it. “Well then, twelve out of twenty isn't bad.”

 

Dominique laughed. “Ya, true. Thanks Tax for all your help.”

 

“No problem!” Service with a smile like Uncle Antoine always said. “You're looking at almost Two-Hundred dollars for the total of these cards.” That was just a guess; it could very well be wrong.

 

Dominique was busy on his phone, probably telling his cousin. “Ya, he's going to send me the money for them. It might be a bit, so hold on to them for me?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“I'm just going to take a look around.” Dominique pointed towards all the board games before heading off.

 

Zelda came over and whispered to me. “Is he the date you had last night?” I shook my head. “Really? The chemistry between you two is unreal!” Her voice got a little louder, and I'm pretty sure Dominique heard her.

 

I smacked her lightly. “Quiet you!” She laughed before turning away and returning to work. I had gotten all of Dominique's cards in a safe place before going to see how his window shopping was going. He had Catan in his hands when I found him. “That game is so much fun.”

 

I spooked Dominique, and he jumped looking up at me. “I've never played, it just caught my eyes.”

 

He flipped it over looking at the back. “If you want we could play it together. Maybe I can bring it down to that youth center of yours.”

 

Dominique laughed. “Isaac is overdue for a visit. Convince your Uncle to get his butt down there and come hang out with us.”

 

“I'll do my best.” Just then Dominique's phone went off. “Is that your cousin's money?”

 

After a quick check, he smiled. “Yep! Lets get those cards he wants.” After a quick transaction, the cards were his, and his money was the stores. “Thanks again Taxon, see you around.”

 

I watched him leave, and the moment he closed the door, Zelda looked right at me. “So he's the kid you went on a date with right?”

 

Shaking my head at her, I smiled. “No, he's the kid from the trip.” She gave me an acknowledging nod. “You're gonna say I have a crush on him and that's true.”

 

“No, no, no.” She waved her hands. “I was going to ask how the hell did you two end up not dating? Both of you clearly like each other.”

 

“There's something bugging him about it, and there's nothing I can do about that. So rather than be sad and push him away I am moving on.” But I would love to be with him. “Hunter is a gentleman, and I am happy.”

 

“Well, I'm glad you're happy Tax.” Zelda went back to sorting through the cards, and I went to clean the glass for like the fourth time today. Maybe one day we will be a thing, but I'm not holding my breath.

 

 

Taxon

6

I got home from work with Uncle Antoine, and there was Dash waiting for me. “How was your day of work?”

 

“It was good.” Uncle smiled. “Sold lots and got some office work done.”

 

Dash gave him a thumbs up. “Awesome! Tax come, come!” She dashed up the stairs before I could say anything.

 

Making my way up the stairs, it sounded like she was in my room. “Are you in my room?”

 

“YEP!”

 

I entered my room, and there she was bouncing around while sitting on my bed. “So, what did you and Hunter get up to?” I just glared at her. “Don't try and lie to me, twinlepithy is a thing.”

 

“We didn't get up to anything I swear.” She didn't stop looking at me; she knows I'm lying. “I'm not telling you anything.”

 

“I knew it!” She pumped her fists into the air. “Well, how does he compare to Dominique in feeling?”

 

I raised an eyebrow at her question. “Why do you want to know this Dash?”

“I love my little brother and just want him to be his happiest. As much as I would like your boyfriend to be someone I can get along with, your happiness is more important.” I think this is the nicest she has ever been to me, which is weird.

 

I shrugged. “I prefer Dominique, to be honest, but there isn't that possibility right now.”

 

She nodded. “I think you shouldn't go out with Hunter again until you figure that out. If you're not emotionally invested in him, then don't play with his feelings.” She's being supersensible right now...

 

“What's wrong with you? You're being way to nice right now.”

 

“I'm being selfish.” Of course, she is. “I don't want you to ruin my future besties relationship with Hunter. And a hard break up will do that.”

 

“Still way to nice... it's creepy.” She rolled her eyes. “Thanks though...”

 

“Anytime little brother! Anytime.” She smiled and quickly left the room.

 

I shouted after her. “Minutes Dash! Minutes!”

 

Hunter and Dominique... Why does this have to be so hard? Dominique and I bonded really well. Hunter is a great guy and has godly equipment. I know that's not something to put up in comparison but... I want both things to work out... but I guess I need to figure out which one is more important to me.

Chapter End.

div>
The official order for chapter 10 is:
1. Hunter (10.1 Part 1)
2. Elijah (10.3)
3. Hunter (10.1 Part 2)
4. Taxon (10.2 Part 1)
5. Addison (10.4 Part 1)
6. Taxon (10.2 Part 2)
7. Regal (10.4 Part 2)
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..