Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 993 Words
  • 917 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 25. Chapter 8.3 - Teenage Angst - Applause

A small chapter for Regal and Addie!

Addison

3

Terry and her husband were getting ready to head back home in the next couple of days. Mom has been a great help for Terry, but she decided what she wanted to be home for having her baby. Given that's only a few hours away but nonetheless.

 

I was in the middle of helping Terry pack. “I don't mind the help, but why aren't you hanging out with Regal?”

 

“We got into a little bit of a fight.” Terry raised an eyebrow at me. “I told him he was a little rough at the beginning of a song, and he took it as the whole song was a wreck. I'm not saying sorry to him for voicing an opinion.”

 

She shook her head at me. “You and I both know that is not how it works. Now tell me the whole story instead of just your part.” Placing her shirt in the suitcase, I went onto the next piece of laundry. “Addison, speak now.”

 

I let out a huge sigh. “If you just do what she says...” Zack came passing by the room. “She won't get all hormonal on you.”

 

“I'll get hormonal all over your ass Zack!” She shouted from her bed. I couldn't help but laugh. “Now continue Addison.” So I told her what I said word for word. Well, what I could remember at least.

 

When I finished telling her, I got nodded at. “I didn't mean it to insult him, just saying there's room for improvement.”

 

“And then you apologized for giving him your opinion. How do you think that makes him feel?”

 

“Like shit,” I spoke honestly. Regal probably doesn't feel the greatest, more so after my comment. It's Regal we're talking about, though, so he's caught up in the fact that I'm wrong to notice that. “What do you think I should do Terry?”

 

She let out a sigh. “I don't know Addie, what do you think is the right thing to do?” It's a good thing Regal took calling me 'Addie' from Terry or that would have pissed me off.

 

“If I talk to him, Regal will just find a way to make it into an argument. So it's either we don't talk about it again until we get into a fight, or I apologize without meaning it.” I couldn't tell if Terry was agreeing with me or not. Her face told me nothing of what she was thinking.

 

We spent the next 15 minutes in silence as I finished packing her suitcase. I had just finished zipping it up when Terry cleared her throat. “Sound like you're between a rock and a hard place there Addie. Gotta figure out what you think is right.”

 

“Well, thanks for your advice. NOT!” She rolled her eyes. I knew it was the only thing she could really do, but it would have been better if she waved her magic wand and made everything go away.

 

She got up from her spot on the bed. “Just doing what I can Addie. You have to do all the hard work.” With a wink, she waddled off down the hall leaving me to wallow in my pity.

 

“What am I going to do?” I spoke off into the universe that gave me no response like it gives everyone. What am I going to do?

 

 

Regal

7

“Now go settle things up.” Josiah pointed to my car as he locked up shop. “Seriously, go apologize to Addison for being an ass. You know why he said it, so go and tell him.” I got waved off shooing me away.

 

I hopped in my car and drove to Addie's house. Standing at the front door, I froze up. Didn't know what to say, or do. Sure Josiah had spent almost an hour coaching me on what to say, but now I'm drawing a blank.

 

Staring at the door, I heard an acoustic guitar start to get played. The notes ever so soft, and in all too familiar tune. Zack's voice came through the window. “Say it once, tell me twice are you certain I'm alright?”

 

Ya... he sounds much better than I did the other night. Addie was right... like he usually is. I listened for a moment, and Zack just sounded much better than I did.

 

Ringing the doorbell, I waited for the door to be answered. Terry opened up the door and smiled. “Should I get Addie?”

 

“Please.”

 

I stood there on the porch waiting for Addison. He came into the entryway with a neutral expression. “Hello.” He offered a small smile.

 

“I'm sorry for being an ass...”

 

His smile grew a little more. “Apology accepted, would you like to practice singing? Zack is in a guitar mood.” Zack loves having other people sing while he's playing guitar. Which makes him the perfect singing partner.

 

“Sounds like fun.” Addie let me inside. I sat down in the living room waiting for everyone else to join us. Once Terry and Zack had joined us in the living room, I looked at everyone and asked: “What are we gonna sing?”

 

Zack got this grin on his face. With a single note, he started to sing. “She just wants to be...”

 

Addie picked it up instantly, looking directly at me as he sang. “Beautiful. He goes unnoticed; he knows no limits,”

 

Terry smiled and continued. “She craves attention, she praises an image, she prays to be sculpted by the sculpture.” We all burst into cheerful laughter.

 

This is what I missed with Addie and his family. I need to make myself better I guess so that I don't miss out on much more. Addie and his family are like a second one to me. I love these guys.

 

Chapter End.

Just a short one, but Addie and Regal have made up for the time being! Hope you enjoyed it.
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..