Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 841 Words
  • 924 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 32. Chapter 10.3 - Elijah - That's What You Get

Luke brings Elijah and Quinn to the youth centre.

Elijah

2

“You're gonna love it!” Luke laughed as we walked together to “his” youth center. He called it “his” but it was anything but. “There's a pool table and like five TVs and one of the employees always brings his older systems.”

 

Quinn giggled, “Coming from you, I expected all the sports activities.”

 

“Yeah, no kidding.” I agreed with him.

 

Luke waved us off. “I figured you guys would rather hear about the video games. But if you want to hear about the sports stuff...”

 

Quinn and I both interrupted him. “NO!” All three of us shared in a fit of laughter.

 

 

It wasn't long after that that we arrived at the Center. Quinn and I had to fill out a little sheet with contact information and were given little cards to scan for any future visits. It was a neat little system honestly.

 

Luke showed us around the small space. He introduced us to Tyler, Dominique and a few other kids who were there hanging out. Quinn and I kept together, and Luke ran off talking to someone else.

 

We both looked at each other and shrugged. “I guess that leaves us to have fun ourselves,” I told Quinn.

 

Quinn shook his head. “Silly Luke. He's just way too active to keep still.” I couldn't agree with him more. “What do you wanna do?”

 

“We could try and play pool...” Quinn laughed but agreed. We played the world's worst pool game but had fun doing it. “Hahaha! We suck!” I shook my head as I missed the black ball again.

 

 

“Speak for yourself.” Quinn took his shot and missed the ball as well. “I tried, and failed.”

 

Dominique laughed from the counter. “I mean for your first times playing; you're not terrible.”

 

“Sure we are!” I spoke proudly of how bad I was. “We're the worst of the worst.” Quinn giggled.

 

“Are you any good?” Quinn asked him.

 

Dominique shrugged. “I don't play much, usually here playing my games.”

 

Quinn tilted his head. “Why don't you play them at home? Pretty much all games have an online mode for multiplayer.”

 

“I like playing with friends here because not everyone has the same systems as me.” The answer felt like it lacked something, it felt like there was something he wasn't telling us. “And I just like to get out of the house.”

 

Tyler, who was flipping playing cards around, laughed. “Why is that Dom?” Tyler sounded like he knew the answer already.

 

Dominique rolled his eyes. “My parents like to ask me about every aspect of my life, and some things I like to keep private.”

 

“Like him!?” Luke yelled from across the center. There was an audible sigh from Dominique as Luke made his way over to us. “I mean you two it hit off, didn't you.”

 

“Yes, we did.”

 

Luke gave off a huge grin. “You've got his number right, call him!”

 

Quinn looked just as confused as I was. “What are you talking about Luke?”

 

“Dominique here,” Luke began to speak. “Has a little crush on...”

 

“That's enough Luke.” Tyler interrupted him. “It's not up to you to tell people; it's Dom's business.” Luke wrinkled his face before returning to whatever he was doing before.

 

I turned to Dominique, who looked very embarrassed about the entire situation. I thought I would try and do something to cheer him up. “I like boys too Dominique.”

 

I don't think that was a good thing to say though. “I don't like boys.” He retorted like a whip. “I just bonded with him very quickly is all. He's on a date right now so if I call him it would be very rude. I'll just have to be patient.”

 

It was my turn to be embarrassed. Tyler and Quinn gave me sympathetic looks before I turned back and made a shot in pool. I actually hit a ball this time. Still... Something about what Dominique said didn't sit right. Like he was lying.

 

 

“How was the Center?” Quinn's dad picked us up when the Center closed. He was done with work for the night; it was a night he closed earlier. “Did you enjoy yourselves?”

 

Quinn nodded. “Yep! Met some new friends.”

 

Both Quinn and his dad had big smiles on their faces. I'm sure Mr. Bayes was as happy for how happy his son appeared to be. “Well, that's good to hear. How about you Elijah, did you enjoy it?”

 

I was sitting in the back seat and was asked by Mr. Bayes looking through the rear view mirror at me. “It was alright; I'll probably come back.”

 

“I'll come with you!” Quinn offered.

“Sure!” And like that, it was confirmed that we would go again. Maybe next time I'll be better at shooting pool. We'll have to find out!

Chapter End.

div>
The official order for chapter 10 is:
1. Hunter (10.1 Part 1)
2. Elijah (10.3)
3. Hunter (10.1 Part 2)
4. Taxon (10.2 Part 1)
5. Addison (10.4 Part 1)
6. Taxon (10.2 Part 2)
7. Regal (10.4 Part 2)
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..