Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,338 Words
  • 835 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 39. Chapter 12.2 - Taxon - Aftermath

Taxon is in for a tough day at work, but it's worth it for the news to come!

Taxon

3

“Have a nice day!” I cheerfully spoke as a customer left the store.

 

Today business was a little busier than usual. And it felt like I was working mostly by myself. Zelda was busy talking with a couple of Magic players for the past hour. And Regal was keeping himself occupied with little tasks so he could sing to himself.

 

Like right now, he's singing along to the radio.

...In the night sky are like shooting stars?

Could really use a wish right now

Wish right now, wish right now

Can we pretend that airplanes

In the night sky are like shooting stars?

 

At least it was a song I enjoyed. Hayley is such a good singer. Regal is too, but Hayley is better than him.

 

Regal must have noticed my glare at him. He just rolled his eyes and continued to sing along with the radio. Journey's 'Anyway You Want It' came on the radio. At least this was a song that I could block out Regal's voice with.

 

I continued with my tasks that I had been given. I was just finishing sorting through a box of trading cards when Uncle Isaac came into the store. There were a few kids from school in the store, and they instantly started whispering to each other.

“Hey Uncle!” I grinned, knowing that it would earn me brownie points with them. “What brings you to the store today?”

 

“I need to talk with your Uncle. We might have a major Blades announcement at the store.” My eyes lit up instantly. “And no, you don't get to know in advanced.”

 

“Damn, that would be so cool.”

 

Uncle laughed. “But since you can easily Google this, it's a reveal for the cast for act three. Their new, updated appearances. As well as other important characters in the act. That is the official statement.”

 

“That's so cool!” I fanboyed to myself. Everyone is getting a new look, that will be so sick. “So you want to talk about Uncle Antoine holding a thing at the store as a way to bring in customers for him?”

 

“We've done it before; they have worked out very well for everyone. Now back to work, your boss is watching.” I turned to see Uncle Antoine smiling at us. I returned to my next box of cards while my Uncles went into the back office to talk business.

 

The two kids, after my uncles shut the door, came over to me. “You're seriously Isaac's nephew?” One of them asked me.

 

“Yeah, he's my mom's younger brother.” The two were star struck with me. They started asking me all kinds of questions, all at once.

 

Regal ended up walking over and leaning on the counter. “Hey.” He caught their attention. “Antoine and Isaac are married; it should be no surprise at this point that he comes into the store every so often.” He wasn't really rude about it, but certainly not nice.

 

The two shrunk as Regal returned to his list of tasks. “It's cool. I've seen a few things about Blades before it comes out. But most of it is locked in my Uncle's office.”

 

“That's so awesome!” They spoke together. I laughed before going continuing our conversation as I sorted cards. I had an enjoyable time with them, even with Regal singing in the background.

...simple kind of man.

Be something you love and understand.

Baby, be a simple kind of man.

Oh, won't you do this for me son,

If you can?

 

Regal's voice caught the attention of the two kids in front of me. “Wow, he's really good.” One said to the other, to which they nodded.

 

“He was on a singing competition, and will be doing the talent show at the school this year.” I looked over at Regal for a moment. “He will probably win.”

 

“No doubt.” The kid's watch went off. “Ahhh man! We gotta go. See you later Tax!”

 

“Have a good day guys.” I waved to them as they walked out. “Regal? Do you haaave to sing the entire time?”

 

“Gotta find that song that I'm gonna sing. Sorry, not sorry Tax.” I rolled my eyes and put the last of the cards away.

 

“Talent show be over soon, please!” I spoke under my breath to myself. Zelda heard me though and chuckled. I hushed her and got the last set of cards out to sort. This is going to be terrible.

 

Uncle Isaac came out of the office and came over to me. “Clean up; you're off. We're going to look at the house your mom and dad bought.”

 

“Oh sick! They finally did it.” I quickly packed the cards up and went to grab my jacket. “Gonna go see the house!” I sang to myself as I walked into the back room. Uncle Antoine laughed but didn't take his eyes off his work.

 

NEW HOUSE!!

 

 

Taxon

4

Dash was the first to the door, even though Uncle Isaac had the key. “You have no chill Dash.” I laughed at her motioning us to hurry up.

 

“Well if you two weren't taking your sweet ass time, we could be checking out the house!” Dash continued her hand motions. “Is this the house mom and dad are final on?”

 

“Yes, Dash, this is going to be your house.” Oh cool, this means that it's a race to find the best room. And then the second best room to claim for ourselves. So let's skip the master and find my room.

 

The house was two floors, but not huge like Uncle's place is. Or the Bell's place, that's a decent size too. It had this cozy feel to it, and I liked it.

 

When the door was opened, Dash took off heading through the house and upstairs. It was then I realized it was a three-story house with a full basement. I went downstairs. “She's looking for the master, why bother? It's mom and dad's room.”

 

“That is true.” Uncle chuckled as he went to take a look himself.

 

I found an open area down the stairs, with a bathroom and bedroom right beside it. It wasn't the most spacious bedroom, but it would fit my stuff. Plus the open room and bathroom being right beside it was a bonus. I could go to the bathroom in my underwear, or nude even!

 

“This will be mine!” I called out to make sure Dash heard me. Her thundering stomps could be heard as she came down the stairs.

 

I waited for her to appear at the top of the staircase. “You what now?”

 

“This is my room.” I pointed into it.

 

Dash shrugged. “The room upstairs is bigger. And yes, and I'm not talking about the master.” She shrugged and then noticed the bathroom. “Damn, nice choice.”

 

“Thank you!”

 

“I still like the bigger room upstairs.” That was fair; if it weren't for all this space just outside my room, I would too. Though now thinking about it, mom and dad will use it for something else. “Let's check out the basement!”

 

We went downstairs and found a nice open common room. “This is going to be our space!” I declared. Mom and dad won’t get a choice in this matter. Basement is our chill space with friends.

 

“You think mom and dad are going to accept that?” Dash turned and asked me.

 

“Yep!” Uncle Isaac said from the top of the stairs. “It was their exact thoughts when looking at the basement. How do you like the house?”

 

We look at each other and smiled. “We love it!” We spoke in unison. New home! Now, mom and dad just have to get their butts and all our stuff here finally!

Chapter end.

1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Elijah's POV Part 1
3 - Taxon's POV Part 1
4 - Taxon's POV Part 2
5 - Hunter's POV Part 1
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Hunter's POV Part 2
8 - Regal's POV Part 2
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..