Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 897 Words
  • 881 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 26. Chapter 9.1 - Taxon - House of Gold

After all this time, Tax and Dash's mom will be making an appearance! What's in store for this set of twins?

Taxon

1

Today was a day! Not a day that parents get here, but a day that they give us some news on it. Like seriously who knows what's going on with my parents. They haven't been taking to Dash or I about when they are going to get here.

 

“Daaaaash!” I whined at my sister. “When are they going to call?” We were in the middle of doing our homework or rather should have been.

Dash was lying on the couch playing with something on her phone. “Don't know, should be soon,” and like that Dash's phone goes off. “Speak of the parents, and they shall call. Hello, parents.” She answered the call.

 

Dash quickly set it to speakerphone. “Hello Dash, is your brother there?”

 

“It's on speaker mom!” I called out from across the room. “What news do you have for us?”

 

You could hear her laugh a bit as she spoke. “I will be there tomorrow to look at a few houses.” Our cheers almost drowned her out. “You two are more than welcome to come with me.”

 

“I'll go!” Dash volunteered. “Tax will come with us too. He's being voluntold by me to do so.” I have no gripes with this; I want to see the houses too.

 

“Would you like to go Tax?” Mom asked me.

 

I nodded. Then realizing she couldn't see me nod, I spoke. “Ya sounds cool. I'd like to see my possible future home.” I'll be able to claim my room before Dash could, in theory. “When are you getting into town tomorrow?”

 

“You'll be at school when I get into town. If you two would like I can pick up guys up?”

 

“YES!” Both Dash and I shouted at the same time. Twins will be twins.

 

Mom laughed. “Okay, I will be there. Tired, but I will be there. Well, my flight is early, so I'm off to bed. I'll see you tomorrow, love you both.”

 

“Love you too mom!” Again we spoke together. “See you tomorrow!” It's quite crazy how we speak the same, twin magic I guess.

Anyways we hung up the phone and went about finishing our homework. Well I did, Dash continued playing with her phone. When I finished my work, she had barely even started hers. Like a good brother, I helped her with it.

 

Once finished she shoved her book off the table. “So done with all this homework. How can you do it?”

 

“Because it's for school.”

 

Dash shrugged. “School's lame. What do you think mom will think of Hunter?” she perked her eyebrows up, twice. “Because we know somebody has a thing for him.”

 

“Mom will just be happy I found someone here.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever loser. I'm getting ready for bed. Don't get too nasty tonight.” I glared at her as she walked away up the stairs. Sometimes my sister is such a loser.

 

 

3

“These rooms are boring; I don't get anything more than Tax.” I glared at her.

 

Mom laughed at my glare. “I think the rooms are perfect that way.” Mom is very neutral when it comes to getting us things. We have the same beds, bed frames, shelves... Pretty much everything big in our rooms was the same. “Neither is better off than the other.” Mom's motto when it comes to us.

 

“But it's so cool to have better things than Tax.”

 

“Whatever Dash,” I yelled from the other room. “The house is pretty cool, but I don't know which of the three I like better though.”

 

“The house is just outside your price range...” The Realtor spoke from out in the hallway. “But they have countered with prices on the high end of your range. If you give an offer, it will be the fourth offer, and they should be more than willing to drop the price.”

 

“That's not a guarantee though, but nice to know.” Mom typed out some notes on her phone. “You two stay up here, can we go down to the basement?”

 

“Of course, follow me.” They left Dash and I upstairs looking at our potential future rooms.

 

Dash sat down in the middle of the hallway looking into both rooms. “I don't know which one I would want... Which one do you want Tax?”

 

“You'll just want the room I want.” She showed off her shit eating grin. “You're evil you know that?”

 

“Oh of course I am. This house is the best honestly, as much as I like the idea of having a better room than you, its closer to everything overall.” That I would have to agree with. “We'll have to convince mom and dad to get this one.”

“It's on the edge of the budget Dash...”

 

She rolled her eyes. “You heard the lady; the owners are likely to accept a lower price. I bet you we can get this house.” I couldn't help but laugh. “You with me Tax?”

 

“Sure, let's get it.”

 

“Dash, Tax! Time to go.” Well if Dash and I have anything to do with the choice, this is our new house. Maybe Uncle Isaac will help out if it gets too much. Who knows.

Chapter End.

Is this Tax's new home? You'll have to stay tuned to find out.

The order of the chapter's POV is:
1. Taxon
2. Hunter
3. Taxon
4. Regal
5. Elijah
6. Regal
7. Breston
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..