Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,037 Words
  • 674 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 40. Chapter 12.3 - Elijah - If I Had You

Elijah spends some time at Simon's house, and then helps out another one of our heroes unknowingly.

Breston

2

“Come on; you have to let me spend some time in your dad's library!” I was badgering Simon to let me come over. His dad's manga collection was outstanding. “You'll barely know I'm there!”

 

Simon laughed. “That could be a problem, I have company over and doing things with said company.” He shook his head. “You can come over soon promise, but this talent thing has Evie scheduling practices left, right and center.”

 

I cocked my head. “You're going to enter the show?”

 

He nodded. “Ya, I'm a decent drummer. Evie is determined to enter the show with her violin. She has been trying to get a couple more people to put on a performance together.” I didn't know these things about Simon, that's pretty cool though.

 

“That's pretty cool if I was good at something I would offer to join in.” I shrugged at my lack of musical skill. “Oh well, hope Evie gets the crew she wants.”

 

Simon laughed. “You've got other skills Breston; music just isn't your thing. Evie will get it done; she knows enough people.” A high pitch whistle came from down the hall. Simon rolled his eyes as he turned towards it. “Here she is now.”

 

And there she was trudging down the hallways, pulling a boy behind her. “Hello, Breston.” She acknowledged me briefly before turning to Simon. “Simon, come with us. Vega here has an amazing idea.”

 

“Talent show?” She nodded and walked off, once again pulling Vega with her. “I guess I'll see you later Breston. After the show, I'll have you over, promise!”

 

I gave him a wave before heading off to find Elijah. It didn't take long; he was waiting at our usual spot.

 

One look at him and I had this urge to tell him everything. But I suppressed those thoughts and pushed them back. I promised Liz that Elijah wouldn't find out until she was ready. It was up to her to tell him, not me.

 

“Didn't manage to convince Simon today?” Elijah asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

 

I shook my head. “Nah, he's doing talent show stuff. He said after the show was done he'd have me over.”

 

Elijah laughed. “You're not known for your patience. You're gonna bug him again tomorrow aren't you?” I nodded proudly. “Of course you are. Okay, let's go home.”

 

 

Elijah

6

Since Quinn got permission to go over to Hunter's that left me to do whatever I wanted. And Luke was kind enough to offer for me to head over to his place. His friend Dominique was coming over too.

 

They were going to play basketball for a bit; I thought I would watch and keep score for them. I can't play for the life of me, but I love watching others play. Luke was clearly better, but Dominique had the size advantage, and it was paying off.

 

“What's wrong Luke? I'm winning, no problem.” Dominique laughed as he passed the ball back to Luke, whose anger was ever growing.

 

“You shut it! I'm gonna pull out the lead once you start getting tired and you know it.”

 

Dominique looked over at me. “Unless Elijah calls game early.” He gave me a wink before preparing himself for the game again.

 

I had this moment of 'he's winking at me because he thinks I'm cute' but quickly overcame that. There was no way this older boy would be doing that to me, let alone any boy. He doesn't seem like the type.

 

“Did you just wink at Elijah?” Luke looked towards me confused. Dominique took this as a chance to take a free shot and scored another basket. “What the hell!? I wasn't in the game!”

 

“Don't hate the player, hate the game.” Dominique clicked with his mouth as he pointed at Luke. “Gotta get good kid!”

 

Luke glared at him and picked up the ball before continuing their game. I let the game go on for a while before stopping it. Luke almost managed to get ahead, but Dominique was able to keep ahead. I called the game when Luke and Dominique were both breathing heavily.

 

Between his breaths Luke managed to say, “I'm going to the bathroom, be right back.” And he set off like a dart into his house.

 

Dominique sat down beside me, and he gave me a playful shove. “So Elijah, you enjoying the new town?”

 

I shrugged. “It's okay. I miss back home once in a while, but its nice here, and I have lots of new friends.” I grinned, showing my teeth.

 

“That's good!” He shook my shoulder a bit. “Got your eye on anyone here?”

 

I blushed and turned away from him. “There's someone...” No way am I telling him I'm into boys. “I don't think anything will happen from it though.”

 

“You can get 'em. Just got to push yourself to get what you want.”

 

“What if they don't like me back?”

 

Dominique nodded slowly. “Then you did all that you could. Have to find a new crush. It'll be hard, but you could do it.”

 

“Is there anyone you like Dom?”

 

He got this little grin on his face. “Yeah... but I don't know if we're gonna be a thing.”

 

I tilted my head to the side. “Do they not like you?”

 

Dominique shook his head. “They do, but I don't know if I can date them.” I didn't say anything; I didn't understand what he meant by it. “My family... I don't think they will like the person.”

 

“Then why not bring them home as a friend first?” Dominique's eyes went wide. “That way they don't know beforehand. Maybe get a study session in with them or something.”

 

“That's a pretty brilliant idea, Elijah. Thanks.”

 

“No problem!” I don't know if I helped Dominique more, or if he helped me. Either way, I think we both got some good advice from each other. The only problem is my crush has a girlfriend...

Chapter End.

1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Elijah's POV Part 1
3 - Taxon's POV Part 1
4 - Taxon's POV Part 2
5 - Hunter's POV Part 1
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Hunter's POV Part 2
8 - Regal's POV Part 2
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..