Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 962 Words
  • 658 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 38. Chapter 12.1 - Hunter - Runnin'

Hunter's gonna try and learn how to control himself! Time for some training!

Hunter

5

Quinn and I sat together at lunch. His friends Luke, Elijah and Breston, were there too. Us two were in our own little world though. It was the day of my first karate lesson, and I wasn't that excited.

 

“I'm not looking forward to tonight.” I sighed before taking a bite of my food.

 

Quinn tilted his head. “How come? Karate isn't that bad, is it?”

 

“No, not really. I'm just not excited about having to do it.”

 

Luke chimed in. “I took Karate and taekwondo; both were really fun.”

 

Elijah laughed. “How far did you make it on both?”

 

“Never very far!” We all laughed, even Luke. “It shouldn't be bad though. It's just a lot of discipline training and defending yourself.” That's the part I didn't look forward to, the discipline I mean.

 

Quinn smiled. “That face says it all. Hunter isn't looking forward to restraining himself.” That was a much better way of putting it. Thanks, Quinn.

 

Breston gave me a look but didn't say anything. He seemed like he was thinking about something, distracted. Luke had said that Elijah and Breston were brothers, yet Elijah doesn't seem bugged.

“You'll do fine Hunter.” Luke smacked my shoulder. “It will be a blast!”

 

“If you say so, Luke.” Just then the bell went off. We had ten minutes until class started back up. “I'll see you guys later, Quinn you have your study period right?”

 

“Yep! We can walk to class together.” We shared a smile before heading off. Neither one of us said anything really until we turned the corner to walk down the hallway with our classes on it. “You know... I don't really like it.”

 

“Like what?” I asked.

 

Quinn had to think for a second. “The way you are so quick to be physical. I don't like it. Don't get me wrong; I very much appreciate how you came to my defense. Just... next time could it be less violent?”

 

“That's what karate is going to do hopefully. I will do my best not to throw the first punch.” Quinn giggled. “Baby steps?”

 

“It's good enough for me, for now.” This kid's eyes... they always seem to be sparkling with thought. “Is anyone going with you to karate tonight?”

 

“Just my dad... dads I guess.” Nick and Lucas, I never thought of them together as 'dads' collectively. Guess they are though.

 

“Do you think I could come?” Quinn had that same look; he was thinking of something but wasn't going to share it. “I could ask my dad if I could go to your house instead of Elijah's. I would like that very much!”

 

I nodded. “I'll talk to Lucas and Nick to make sure, but I don't see the problem.”

 

“Awesome!” Quinn gleefully went to his classroom door. “Let me know by the end of this period, 'kay?”

 

“Sounds like a plan!”

 

 

Hunter

7

“HYAH!” Some of the kids yelled as they trained. I stood there looking at the situation very confused. “HYAH!” Another kid went, and suddenly I had Quinn tight to my side.

 

“What's wrong Quinn?”

His hands were shaking a bit. “Everyone is very loud here. I don't like it.”

 

I put my arm around him trying to provide comfort. “No one here will hurt you, Quinn. You'll be fine, promise.” With a couple of deep breaths, Quinn was relatively back to his usual self. He did jump at louder noises.

 

“Hey Quinn, come sit with us.” Nick came over and led Quinn to the bleachers. That left me hanging out on the floor by myself.

 

I was hanging around kids all younger than me, and it was kind of embarrassing. There were kids my age a level or two up, but I was stuck with kids that were like 10, which sucked for me.

 

There was a long welcome speech I barely paid attention to. Then right after that finished one of the instructors came over to me. “You're Hunter?”

 

I nodded. “Yes, sir.”

 

“Okay, it's just going to be you and me for a couple of sessions.” My confusion was written all over my face. “Well, I only come in when there's enough money for me to work. That's usually only when someone pays for a private instructor.”

 

I glared over at Nick and Lucas. “They didn't...” That has to have cost them quite a bit of money! That's not okay!

 

“Someone did, so let's get started. My name is Owen, nice to meet you.”

 

The lesson wasn't that bad. It was really basic stuff that probably could have been seen on YouTube. I followed along anyway and listened to everything he said to do. It was nice having one on one training rather than being a part of the huge group.

Two hours passed and I was feeling much more confident in myself. I had sweat all over me, and I hated it. Quinn thought it was pretty funny though. “You're gross right now.”

 

“Oh, thanks, Quinn.” All he did was giggle while covering his mouth. “You two didn't spend a fortune on these private lessons did you?”

 

“We covered half of it,” Nick explained. “My mom and yours covered the other half. Don't get too used to them though; they will only last a few sessions.”

 

I shrugged. “That's fine. Maybe I'll fast track up the belts!”

 

“Good luck with that one!” Quinn smiled before leading us out of the gymnasium. The first lesson wasn't too bad, even if I am more sweety than I would like.
Chapter End.

1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Elijah's POV Part 1
3 - Taxon's POV Part 1
4 - Taxon's POV Part 2
5 - Hunter's POV Part 1
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Hunter's POV Part 2
8 - Regal's POV Part 2
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..