Jump to content
    MrM
  • Author
  • 2,688 Words
  • 3,083 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Brandon Smiling: From the Billy Chase Chronicles (1) - 11. Entry 11

April 13

So, like, I've been fussing about this card and this Marie thing since yesterday.
 
What am I gonna do? Do I have to 'call her maybe' and set a date for something? Good God that makes me nervous! I can literally feel my stomach tie itself into knots just thinking about it.
 
I've never called a girl on purpose before! Why would I? I really have very little interest in them at all. Most girls can get that, I figure, because most of them seem to ignore me entirely. That's just fine by me. I don't have to face them and deal with them then. I don't know how guys who like girls ever manage to make a connection with them at all, it's like some black voodoo magic spell. Something I really don't have a clue about.
 
Perhaps if I just forget about it she'll get the hint and stop with the cards and stuff. She'll figure I'm not interested and leave it at that. No more staring contests at Church. No more glad handing by Mr. Wonderful and his band of merry un-gay men. I can be left alone just like I like and get on with my studies and my closet-case eyeballing of every cute boy within viewing range.
 
I can continue having my imaginary dates with Billy, my 'secret boyfriend'. Though, honestly, his behavior lately has been strange and I get this really bitter feeling when I see it. He's been kind of following that Simon kid around a lot. I don't even think he knows he's doing it.
 
Eventually they pair off and start joking around, but there's a strange attention that Billy gives Simon when they talk that is like...more than it should be. Is this confirmation that Billy likes boys? He seems to like Simon very much and in a way that he doesn't seem to like his big blond headed buddy. Sam, I think his name is if I remember correctly.
 
It's weird because Sam is adorable, really. Simon is cute too, I suppose, in that nerdy kind of naïve way. I don't think Billy is reading Simon at all well if there is any interest there on Billy's part. But...that could be this bitterness I'm having.
 
Why would I be jealous? Billy has hardly talked to me and his staring sessions with me are starting to get a little weird!
 
But...I'll probably be very sad if Billy is gay and he wants to have a relationship with Simon. To know he's gay and not be able to do anything about it because he's hooked up with another boy is a very strange situation to be in.
 
Maybe strange isn't the word. Maybe miserable is a better one.
 
I WANT Billy! I want him and I don't want to share him with anyone! I covet his time with others. I want to be Sam. I want to be Simon! I want Billy to only have eyes for me!
 
I want Billy to have the same eyes for me...that I have for him.
 
Yet...I can see that this is becoming an obsession on my part. The more time I have in contact with Billy the more of him I want. It gets stronger and stronger every time I see him.
 
Billy GLOWS, you know? When the sun hits him just right that golden hair just sparkles! He is beautiful. God, he is so beautiful it makes me ache inside when I see him. It isn't even that I'm just turned on, which I am and which is why I have taken to wearing longer jackets lately, it's that I ache to be with him. To hear his voice! To smell his underarm deodorant. To smell the shampoo he uses in that golden hair.
 
I want to swim in those hot chocolate eyes of his!
 
Oh lord...I just read what I just wrote up there and I really do sound like a weirdo serial killer stalker right out of Criminal Minds! Where did this passion come from? It was kindled the first day I saw him and it's only gotten stronger!
 
If only I could have these feelings for Marie like I should have. She is every bit as beautiful in her way as Billy is in his. She is the catch of the century! Beautiful, kind, thoughtful, romantic, courageous, and she likes me. She likes me so much she stalks me in the park! That beauty stalks ME! Stupid old lanky me.
 
Just like I stalk Billy.
 
Yet, sometimes, lately when I see him I pretend I don't. It's gotten worse after Joe. I have the shame factor of that now on top of the raging hormones, stomach butterflies, sweaty palms, irrational jealousy, etc. It's just overwhelming and I shut down. Billy shorts me out sometimes! Like a bad circuit board!
 
It's so bizarre. I'm like so happy to see him in the morning that I'll have the guff to say hi or smile and acknowledge his existence pleasantly. But, as the day wears on and my defences rise I start with the 'shutdown sequence'. It's all too much for my poor little peanut sized brain to handle.
 
I wish I wasn't crazy. I wish I was normal like Jamie is. He has such confidence. It's one of the things that makes him so attractive. Sure, he's handsome as hell, but he's also self-assured and that just lights up his bulb extra bright. That must be the greatest feeling in the world. To honestly like yourself enough to just be who you are and let yourself just shine. Jamie is an inspiration and he also has the biggest bunch of jerks for friends a boy could ever have.
 
Oh well, Jamie is himself and I am who I am and what I am is not self-assured or shiny. I'm anything but, that's for sure. Maybe that's one of the reasons Billy attracts me so much. I forget about myself entirely and bask in his radiance. He brings me joy and then I don't care about any of the negatives that beat on me day in and day out.
 
Billy makes me smile! He makes me happy!
 
Wow...I'm all over the place tonight. I must need to catch some z's. I'm wondering, though, if before I go to bed if I should call Marie up and make plans for lunch or whatever. At least I can get that out of the way. I can do this and then not have to worry about it anymore. I'm sure after one half-hearted and awkward lunch with me Marie will fly to other shores better suited for her majesty.
 
Wow...that was poetic! Fly to other shores....I feel a poem coming on! Hehehehe!
 
God I am Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde today. I'm totally smeared all over the wall like exploded ketchup.
 
This is Brandon...smeared on the wall.
 
April 14
 
Often you pass me
By park and by lawn
To look and find me
This side of cool dawn
 
Hair of fine spun gold
Eyes bright with desire
What word has been sold
To light this hot fire?
 
Do you not quite know
Who it is you chase?
A dull lump of dough
Who shows not his face
 
A boy who is nothing
A boy who is scared
A boy who is hiding
A boy undeclared
 
A name like Mary
Queen of the heavens
You should not tarry
Under my bastions
 
Go you away hence
To another shore
To a boy with sense
And not such a bore
 
Hehehehe. Not too bad. Not too GOOD, but not too bad. Maybe I'll make it into a card. I think it's probably the nicest rejection letter anyone will ever get. Maybe I'll even draw a wilted rose or something depressing like that on it!
 
I won't have the guts to ever give Marie this, but it helps to put it down in verses. I like to write poetry. I haven't bothered to put much of it in here because most of it is so silly I delete it as soon as I write it. Hehehehe. Some I keep though. I put the 'Touch' one up earlier in this blog just 'cause it's pretty. Even I think it's pretty and usually I think what I write sucks donkey balls.
 
I did call Marie this afternoon to make a 'date'. Naturally her stupid brother picks up and has to make goofy lovey dovey sounds at his little sister as soon as I announce myself. I was so freaking nervous I nearly had to change my underwear. It was a wonder the phone didn't just squirt right out of my hand with all the flop sweat I was producing. God help me I'm such an incredible WUSS!
 
To her credit, I hear a sharp smack on the other end of the phone and a loud 'Owch!' from Mr. Beautiful. I also hear a sharp 'shut the HELL up' from Marie. HA! I wish I could love this girl, she is the whole package. Beauty, charm, and now...spunk!
 
When she came on with a sweetly expectant 'Hello!?' I nearly choked up and slammed the phone down. But, from somewhere weird in my stomach, a stuttering answer came and I managed to ask her to lunch on Saturday. Just lunch at the mall in the food court, nothing crazy.
 
She sounded delighted. Why that made me feel worse about the situation is still bothering me. This whole thing is wrong. It will lead in all the wrong directions. It's almost like something is pushing my square peg into the round hole. Boy...does that sound perverted! Maybe I should just go with it. Maybe this is God's way of guiding me out of my Gay delusions. Marie will enchant me and she will bend me straight again.
 
Maybe 'Marie, Queen of the Angels' will be my salvation from this evil. I'll be able to have a normal relationship with a beautiful girl. We'll have lunches, and movies and....um...kiss.
 
Oooo. That...makes my skin crawl. Oh lord it's no use. I just can't feel that way for Marie. It just won't COME! Her fantasy always morphs into Billy. Always. Unless it's Joe then it's him kissing me, feeling me up, getting me off explosively. I never, ever, dream of girls when I'm in bed. It just never happens.
 
I'll always be bent.
 
Here's proof: today, Billy and I got to sit and talk together, I mean REALLY talk. Those 20 minutes were the best I've had since the Christmas before my mom died. I could spend 20 days with Marie and not get the same joy out of it that I got from Billy today.
 
Oh Jesus, he is soooo CUTE! He's even cuter when he's talking to you. You have NO idea! When he gets going it's just this non-stop fountain of thoughts and plans and dreams and more plans and stuff he did last week...on and on. It's hard to get a word in edgewise...but I don't care, just sitting and listening to him rattle on is pure honey on my biscuit. I credit my Uncle for that little turn of a phrase...Hehehehe!
 
He'd go on about what Sam and he discussed about this game or that class or what Sam's mom was going to do to him when she discovers he's flunking geometry. Honestly, I could have stepped in here. I'm getting a solid A in that class and Mr. Webber teaches all the geometry classes in the school so Sam must have him too. I'm sure Sam thinks Mr. Webber is just being mean to him, but I know my favorite teacher and he rewards those who try! I could help Sam! I really could.
 
Uh oh...now I'm a Teacher's Pet! Screw Sam...let him flunk. Hehehehe!
 
It seems that Billy hates the science class we're taking together about as much as I do. He's right to not like that class. The teacher is a total doofus. He never explains anything and when he's done blathering about God knows what he then expects us to read the book and answer discussion questions. There aren't even any real labs or anything. If anything it ends up being another math class but with a teacher that doesn't know how to teach math at all. I'll probably pull a B in that class. Billy hopes to squeak by with a C or C-. I'm glad my dad isn't his dad too...that would NOT fly in my house!
 
I get the impression Billy doesn't like most the classes he's in. It's like they get in the way of other important things for him. I had to chuckle when he told me he liked one class in particular for some reason he wouldn't talk about with me. Hmmmm. Mr. Secret Secret. I'll have to pry it out of him sooner or later.
 
Um...not really sure but I THINK I caught Billy checking out my butt today. His eyes were lingering on my posterior a bit longer than just a glance. Long enough for me to catch him and him not know it. Wow...that gives me chills but in a good way!
 
Does he like my butt? Does he think I'm sexy? Does this mean he's really gay too? One can hope! Sometimes I blush when Billy looks at me. His eyes linger when he looks at me and his long stories go silent for a few moments too! He studies my eyes and my face and my hair. It makes me nervous but in a very good way.
 
I shouldn't get my hopes up. That might just be Billy's way. He isn't your average Joe (I TOTALLY didn't mean JOEseph...or did I?). He might just be attentive in that special cute way he is. Maybe he's this way with everybody. Yeah...I seem to remember seeing him paying rapt attention to Sam every time they're together.
 
Yeah...it's just Billy's way. He doesn't like me in any particular way, he just seems to like me as a friend. That's ok, I guess. I rather have him as a friend than a stranger, I suppose. But, I'd much rather have him as my boy toy. My own little Ken doll. I don't think he's managed to catch me watching his scrumptious bottom dance in his jeans yet. He isn't self-conscious about it like I am likely to become now. Watch, I'll be nervous to get up or turn around with him near. I CERTAINLY won't bend over...or will I? Hehehehe!
 
I've been noticing Jimmy LaPlane skulking around dark corners of the school lately. He really acts like a hunted fox in this school. I feel so badly for him. I really do. He so reminds me of me when I was getting bullied before I had some combat training. I worry about him. I don't know what's going to happen but any kid running that scared has to have a reason...and seeing what those fucking apes in the Gym used to do to him he has every right to be scared.
 
I wish I could help more. I wish the useless mother-effers would step in and try to get Jimmy transferred to a 'school for gifted youngsters.' But, they won't. They'll see him dead first. If I ever get the chance I'm going to take Jimmy to meet my Sensei and see if he can teach Jimmy a thing or two.
 
Well...I'm tired and I have a 'date' with a girl to plan. Lord help me! This is going to be such a mess!!
 
This is Brandon...making messes!
span>Thank you for reading!
Copyright © 2017 MrM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice one MrM!

 

In Brandon, we can appreciate what we only were guessing at from the original Billy chapters.
And Billy was chasing Simon pretty hard! :P

 

Is Jamie's sister a new character? I don't remember her, but it's been a while since I read the first Billy chapters.
Whether she was there or you created her, she fits perfectly. It also gives Jamie another dimension, as does his little posse. :pinch:

 

Great job. I always look forward to one of these!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Brandon seeing Billy going after Simon and totally seeing that Simon is straight. I guess Brandon always had a better gaydar than Billy did :D

 

I don't remember the interaction between Billy and Brandon that much in the early chapters of Billy's journal, so I don't recall what Billy though of Brandon's behavior during this time. I know things didn't really pick up between them until the second book, Brandon was just one of like 20 crushes that Billy had at the time.

 

I will say, that I know this is written in a journal style, and it is very similar to Billy's journal, but you're doing a great job bringing Brandon to life. However that being said, I personally would like to see a little more action in the story and not so much sumerization. I think it'd make the story come to life a little better.

Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 05:13 AM, skinnydragon said:

Nice one MrM!

 

In Brandon, we can appreciate what we only were guessing at from the original Billy chapters.

And Billy was chasing Simon pretty hard! :P

 

Is Jamie's sister a new character? I don't remember her, but it's been a while since I read the first Billy chapters.

Whether she was there or you created her, she fits perfectly. It also gives Jamie another dimension, as does his little posse. :pinch:

 

Great job. I always look forward to one of these!

Marie Cross is indeed a new character. I found her to be a good key to opening Brandon's foil vs. Billy's complete worship of Jamie. Brandon manages to get the contact and the interaction that Billy craves, but doesn't want it as he sees Jamie in an entirely different light than Billy. This also sets things up for why Brandon got invited to Jamie's parties in the future.

Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 06:43 AM, spikey582 said:

Brandon seeing Billy going after Simon and totally seeing that Simon is straight. I guess Brandon always had a better gaydar than Billy did :D

 

I don't remember the interaction between Billy and Brandon that much in the early chapters of Billy's journal, so I don't recall what Billy though of Brandon's behavior during this time. I know things didn't really pick up between them until the second book, Brandon was just one of like 20 crushes that Billy had at the time.

 

I will say, that I know this is written in a journal style, and it is very similar to Billy's journal, but you're doing a great job bringing Brandon to life. However that being said, I personally would like to see a little more action in the story and not so much sumerization. I think it'd make the story come to life a little better.

It's hard to get much action at this point in the story. Brandon's world is much more internal than Billy's. He's been a loner since he was very young and so he tends to be more introspective...hence the poetry. His life now consists of school, homework, basketball, video games, worrying about Marie, and Billy. If you can think back to being a teenager, things could be very simple and mundane most the time...especially for an only child with one working parent. Yet these mundane things could seem very big in your little world...because they were big to you. Things are going to dilate in the next entry. Trust me...you'll be happy for this calm before the coming storm.

Link to comment

I love how you have written Brandon's reactions and emotions towards Billy. He's such a sweet little romantic! 💗

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Don't do it, Brandon, girls are not your thing and we all know that Billy's also barking up the wrong tree with straight Simon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 1/21/2016 at 8:43 PM, spikey582 said:

Brandon seeing Billy going after Simon and totally seeing that Simon is straight. I guess Brandon always had a better gaydar than Billy did :D

 

I don't remember the interaction between Billy and Brandon that much in the early chapters of Billy's journal, so I don't recall what Billy though of Brandon's behavior during this time. I know things didn't really pick up between them until the second book, Brandon was just one of like 20 crushes that Billy had at the time.

 

I will say, that I know this is written in a journal style, and it is very similar to Billy's journal, but you're doing a great job bringing Brandon to life. However that being said, I personally would like to see a little more action in the story and not so much sumerization. I think it'd make the story come to life a little better.

However that being said, I personally would like to see a little more action in the story and not so much sumerization. I think it'd make the story come to life a little better"

I agree with you to more action should be

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..