It was very nice to see our friends from Pork-upines ;):P Thanks Cole :D

And Valkyrie71 - can you please explain to me why you are an editor and not an author here on GA - I love your Writing ! :D:hug:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

And Valkyrie71 - can you please explain to me why you are an editor and not an author here on GA - I love your Writing ! :D:hug:

:*) Thanks so much :*)   I'm actually working on expanding one of my prompt responses.  I've completed three chapters so far and will start posting once I have Ch 4 completed :)  :hug:

• Like 3

This is fantastic, AJ. I wish you had the patience to write more often! :hug: The poems made me smile to no end and the story was touching and heartwarming, even if it had its sadness. It hits close to home for many. You did good. :)

• Like 2

The One Meat by A.J. - Inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien

Three pieces for the noisy kids in the booth,

Seven for the teenage boys roughhousing at a table,

Nine for a fat man sitting at the counter doomed to die,

One whole package for A.J. sitting at his dark cherry table

In the land of Texas where the Cowboys are.

One meat rules them all, one meat we all desire,

One meat that brings us all to the breakfast table,

In the land of Texas where the Cowboys are.

Beautiful, just beautiful. I have tears in my eyes!

Seriously though, I loved it. My favorite of the group, A.J.

• Like 2

So, do you like bacon, A.J ?? :lol: I really enjoyed reading your prompts :D And the Tolkien inspired prompt made me laugh like a madman !  :funny:  :2thumbs:

Actually, the story about "Matthew" taking every piece of bacon off the buffet is true.  I did that when I was around 8 years old.  My father has teased me about that for years.  I came back with my plate stacked high with 50-60 pieces of bacon and my family helped me eat most of them.  We got dirty looks from several people that didn't get any bacon off the buffet and had to wait for them to make some more.

I love bacon, but I don't eat very much of it now that I'm older.  That being said, in honor of the bacon prompt I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger for lunch. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1