What are you listening to?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The City of New Orleans by Arlo Guthrie

Dammit, You just had to go and remind me. Thanksgiving week, It must be played at least a handful of times, All 18+ minutes of it.

Alice's Restaurant(Massacree) by Arlo Guthrie

After all these years, It's still something I actually look forward to each year. Listening to Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving, It just sorta rings in the holiday season!

*Edit* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Restaurant *Edit*

Edited by Tim the Traveller
Dammit, You just had to go and remind me. Thanksgiving week, It must be played at least a handful of times, All 18+ minutes of it.

Alice's Restaurant(Massacree) by Arlo Guthrie

After all these years, It's still something I actually look forward to each year. Listening to Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving, It just sorta rings in the holiday season!

*Edit* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Restaurant *Edit*

Woah - a friend told me like a year ago about that song and I could never remember who it was by. Perfect!

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics

Lithium-Nirvana

Probably cliche but who gives a damn.

hehe, I love that one too!

It's ashame I never got into Nirvana until about 3 years ago :thumbdown:

I really like their stuff! Woulda been cool to follow them when they were current.

"Just Like Starting Over" - John Lennon

Shame to think Kurt died before they had even come close to reaching their musical peak.

You think? I'm not outright disagreeing, but in many ways I think the abrupt end - without the normal climb, peak, decline that a band/artist usually follows - is one of the main things that adds to the mystique and fascination. Don't get me wrong, I think the music is great in its own right and I'm fairly certain they would have produced at least a few other really good songs as well, but I think there's a very good chance that they wouldn't have nearly as much enduring success today as they do under these circumstances.

Anyway, obviously I would have preferred for Kurt to have survived, but I think it's interesting to think about.

Into the Night - Santana Featuring Chad Kroger