Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Since CJ is away....

• Site Administrator
ya seriously, what's up with that?!? wake up people, lol

ya, snow in the morning, changing into rain during the day and back to snow,, the least that you can say is not so good

*yawns and stretches*

Morning everyone! It's 6:30am here in Melbourne. We had a day of rain yesterday, which was much needed, but, unfortunately, it's not being continued today :( We need a lot more rain than just one day....

Time to get to work, and then find some time to read LTMP chapter 15....

Yawn...Its 2.30 am and I have yet to finish my work for the Competition that begins the day after!!

Hey, its workiing :lol:

Let's run around and jump on some more beds :D

Steve B)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Less than 25 posts to go before we reach 500 :D

Now I have to say something interesting or informative... :sheep:

I did notice in LTMP chapter 15 that there's no mention of anyone wearing an Akubra :cowboy: Surely someone in Queensland would wear one....

Oh, well. Maybe I can help Dimitri with his digging. :pickaxe:

Hey, its workiing :lol:

Let's run around and jump on some more beds :D

Steve B)

I did not sleep tonight... its 4 am now... Am working hard for two upcoming competitions. One is the Model United Nations which begins the day after and I'm the Uruguayan delegate to the General Assembly.

The other is the Asian Region Space Settlement Design Competition where you've to design space settlement!!!

• Site Moderator

We had our first snow fall of the season Sunday into Monday. Only about a half inch locally but the farther north you go, the more they got. For Turkey day, the forecast is the high in the low to mid 60's and pm rain.

Jan

• Site Administrator

As I said, I love the snow....usually. It reminds me of the hours and hours of playing hockey on the outdoor rinks, the tobogganing, the downhill and cross country skiing, or just the fun of snowball fights with each side building snow forts.

But, of the two car accidents I've had, both have been when it was snowing. Usually I can tolerate down to minus 20 Celsius easily (-4 F) but when it goes lower, then I can get grumpy.

And it doesn't always help to go on vacation. A few years back I thought I'd go to Dallas in February to get away from the cold for a week, and guess what? It snowed the first 3 days I was down there. I was shocked how a city could come to a standstill. It was funny though to see guys standing in the back of dump trucks on the roads shoveling out sand to sand the roads. I guess when you don't have snow very often, there isn't a need for road sanders.

Saying that, I should forewarn Viv, Shadowgod and whomever is in the LA area, I'll be down in Anaheim for a week next Wednesday, so you might want to check if you have some warmer clothing :D .

Steve B)

I'm off to New Delhi and with it goes my internet access for the next six days.

I just hope I fair well in the competition. :)

Take care folks and happy Thanksgiving. :)

Congrats on 500 posts in advance, I'll miss the celebration :( Remember to save something for me!

BeaStKid

• Site Administrator

BeaStKid

:great: Does this mean we can blame the whole Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers on you? :D:D:D

Good luck in the competition. Here's hoping you do well. And don't worry, I won't come and jump on your bed again until your home :P .

Steve

Usually I can tolerate down to minus 20 Celsius easily (-4 F) but when it goes lower, then I can get grumpy.

WOW! And to think I had to get up in the night to lower the AC because it was too hot!

I just hope I fair well in the competition. :)

Take care folks and happy Thanksgiving. :)

Congrats on 500 posts in advance, I'll miss the celebration :( Remember to save something for me!

BeaStKid

Awww, we'll miss you, Beasty! Have an awesome time and good luck with competitions!! :hug:

-Kevin

• Site Moderator

When it comes to snow in my corner of Southeastern Pa, we don't see any until after Christmas. So if I want to see snow for the holiday, I'll see it back in Indiana when I go back to see family and friends. I think it was three years ago that eight inches fell on Christmas Eve and then got bitterly cold.

What ever will we do without the multiple posts by BeaStKid? What ever will we do without him for six days? We do have one saving grace tho, CJ IS DUE BACK IN THE COUNTRY TOMORROW! Have fun and good luck Beastie.

BTW, I've ridden a coaster by the name The Beastie. It as the kids version to The Beast.

Jan

• Site Administrator
we'll be alright,, only 9 post to go,, it will just be a little harder without Beastie.

But I'm sure we can do it :) After all, we've managed to get this far with only one post from CJ....

On that basis, I think we should go for 501 posts before he gets back -- that will make a 500-1 ratio ;)

It's Friday here, which is good, but tomorrow is Saturday 24th November, which is bad. The reason it's bad is that we have to elect a new federal government in Australia. However, since politics is a taboo subject, I'll just say that I'll be voting (I have to -- it's compulsory for most people. There is an exemption if voting is against your religion, but it's not for me) and I'm glad that the election campaign is finally over....

• Site Administrator

I'm posting this here because I can :P and because we need to increase the number of posts ;) and because it's too good not to share :D

Andrew, my six-year-old son, has given me an invitation to attend the play his class is putting on. It's a work day, but I'm going to take the day off. It seems that he has a major part in the story.

The story, from what I could gather, is not what you would expect prep (kinder) kids to be putting on. It's full of adult and complex themes. Andrew plays the part of a newly-wed who learns that his wife was pregnant before they got married. Despite this, he tells her he still loves her and they marry.

All is not well, though. The government has ordered them to travel and when they get to their destination, they learn that failing to book their accommodation ahead of time wasn't smart. Instead of cheap last minute deals, all the hotels are full. They eventually find a place to stay, but it has only a single star rating.

While there, Andrew's wife gives birth and they find themselves in the centre of a media storm, with sightseers coming from far and near. It ends well, though.

Andrew wasn't that impressed with some parts of the story. He didn't think they were very fair to his character, Joseph.

"Mary gets to ride on the donkey, and I have to walk!"

• Site Administrator
What ever will we do without the multiple posts by BeaStKid? What ever will we do without him for six days? We do have one saving grace tho, CJ IS DUE BACK IN THE COUNTRY TOMORROW! Have fun and good luck Beastie.

Jan

Hmmm, maybe we should start a "Since BeaStKid is Away" forum :D

I'm posting this here because I can :P and because we need to increase the number of posts ;) and because it's too good not to share :D

Andrew, my six-year-old son, has given me an invitation to attend the play his class is putting on. It's a work day, but I'm going to take the day off. It seems that he has a major part in the story.

The story, from what I could gather, is not what you would expect prep (kinder) kids to be putting on. It's full of adult and complex themes. Andrew plays the part of a newly-wed who learns that his wife was pregnant before they got married. Despite this, he tells her he still loves her and they marry.

All is not well, though. The government has ordered them to travel and when they get to their destination, they learn that failing to book their accommodation ahead of time wasn't smart. Instead of cheap last minute deals, all the hotels are full. They eventually find a place to stay, but it has only a single star rating.

While there, Andrew's wife gives birth and they find themselves in the centre of a media storm, with sightseers coming from far and near. It ends well, though.

Andrew wasn't that impressed with some parts of the story. He didn't think they were very fair to his character, Joseph.

"Mary gets to ride on the donkey, and I have to walk!"

Love the story, and brought back a memory from Grade One when I got to play Santa as we did Six White Boomers by Rolf Harris. I think i was PO'd, cause I wanted to be Joey sitting in the sled. :P

Well five to go.

Steve B)

What's going on!, it's a real slow night,,, and slow day i should add, :P ,,, I'm about off to sleep,, sadly gotta get up way early tomorrow for work,

and graeme, that indeed doesn't sound like the typical play that prep kids would make,, but way to go your son has one of the key role,, dada must be real proud,,,

SLR

• Site Administrator

Thanks, Steve and frenchcanadian!

In case it wasn't obvious, the class is doing a traditional nativity play and my son is playing Joseph. He's got the most lines of anyone, though he does to get to repeat the same line three times as he speaks to each of the innkeepers :P

frenchcanadian, it's quiet because a good percentage of members are from the USA and will be off celebrating Thanksgiving. Someone told me once that Thanksgiving is a bigger family holiday than Christmas, so I'm not surprised that most of the USA members are not online.

• Site Administrator
Thanks, Steve and frenchcanadian!

In case it wasn't obvious, the class is doing a traditional nativity play and my son is playing Joseph. He's got the most lines of anyone, though he does to get to repeat the same line three times as he speaks to each of the innkeepers :P

frenchcanadian, it's quiet because a good percentage of members are from the USA and will be off celebrating Thanksgiving. Someone told me once that Thanksgiving is a bigger family holiday than Christmas, so I'm not surprised that most of the USA members are not online.

True enough, it is also like a four day weekend. Not such a big thing up here in Canada.

Now, this should be post 499. Graeme, would you like the honours of the mighty 500? Afterall, you did start this thread :worship: .

And in case frenchcanadian gets it, :great: .

I'm off to watch a hockey game at the bar.

Steve B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..