Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play 16; Encores.

Ahhhhh, the pieces are starting to fall in place.

Here I thought it was The Scar seeking revenge, but in truth, CJ is writing a story to reflect his true feelings :o .

I believe that a young Cj (back when he was just a kidd :D ), was sold into a life of being a 'stud', traveling the Australian countryside and eventually onto Europe, and then the US. Being that CJ just couldn't be 'that kinda goat', he faced several threats and challenges from farmers to become dinner.

Miraculously he escaped and turned to a life of pounding out stories with his cloven hooves. But, he always remembers that one farmer in Tooborac who turned his life upside down. This mental trauma inflicted upon him also must be the reason of some of other character misgivings that have developed over the years (eg. denial, deflection, etc.) :lol: .

Finally able to come to grasps with his past, CJ has turned to literature to express his deep hatred for that farmer and the country that turned their backs on him. Although there is no real bombs, I'm sure he is just expressing his feelings through his writings of The Scar. Obviously the Instinct part of the story is to distract us from the 'real' story.

Thanks for the story CJ. It makes us understand you a bit more :D .

Steve B)

B) ..........I must be nuts, I'm beginning to see the logic here :P Hey, why don't you write this as a story for the Winter Anthology series :P

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Obviously the Instinct part of the story is to distract us from the 'real' story.

I disagree. The name of the band is an important clue. The behaviour of everyone in the story is an instinctive reaction to being threatened. Brandon, who was previously poor but has become famous and popular, is clearly the avatar of CJ himself, who also went from being a poor goat, sold through many countries, to a famous and popular writer of cliffhangers... er... stories. Chase must be based on Shadowgod -- the King to CJ's Queen. I haven't worked out Eric and Jon yet, though.

I see Emoe and the other editors/beta-readers as Helen. Always telling themwhere they sucks and what they should do.

And Conner can be Charity (Note the 'C') trying to sleep with CJ/Queen alias Brand. (Remember the traumatising pic of the two? :o )

What am I? Dilemma....

Ieshwar

Ahhhhh, the pieces are starting to fall in place.

Here I thought it was The Scar seeking revenge, but in truth, CJ is writing a story to reflect his true feelings :o .

I believe that a young Cj (back when he was just a kidd :D ), was sold into a life of being a 'stud', traveling the Australian countryside and eventually onto Europe, and then the US. Being that CJ just couldn't be 'that kinda goat', he faced several threats and challenges from farmers to become dinner.

Miraculously he escaped and turned to a life of pounding out stories with his cloven hooves. But, he always remembers that one farmer in Tooborac who turned his life upside down. This mental trauma inflicted upon him also must be the reason of some of other character misgivings that have developed over the years (eg. denial, deflection, etc.) :lol: .

Finally able to come to grasps with his past, CJ has turned to literature to express his deep hatred for that farmer and the country that turned their backs on him. Although there is no real bombs, I'm sure he is just expressing his feelings through his writings of The Scar. Obviously the Instinct part of the story is to distract us from the 'real' story.

Thanks for the story CJ. It makes us understand you a bit more :D .

Steve B)

Now, now, Wildone, were I truly seeking revenge, I'd be having The Scar heading for the Great White North. :devil:

(Ahh, yes, I haven't forgotten what eeevil entity thought up the whole "Queen" lable... That's just EEevil...)

Now, Wildone, when will you be passing over Northern Arizona as you fly from smogville to the Great White North? And, umm, on an entirely unrelated note, where did I put that missile...

Hrmmm, Well, the Echidna won't let me discuss future happenings in the story, but, I can say one thing... Just how is it that a goat knows all the details of how to build a nuclear weapon? 0:)

I disagree. The name of the band is an important clue. The behavior of everyone in the story is an instinctive reaction to being threatened. Brandon, who was previously poor but has become famous and popular, is clearly the avatar of CJ himself, who also went from being a poor goat, sold through many countries, to a famous and popular writer of cliffhangers... er... stories. Chase must be based on Shadowgod -- the King to CJ's Queen. I haven't worked out Eric and Jon yet, though.

Cliffhangers? :o I'd never do such a thing...

HAve you worked who Dimitri, the quirky, prickly foreigner with a few bad habits regarding airliners, is yet? :P

I see Emoe and the other editors/beta-readers as Helen. Always telling themwhere they sucks and what they should do.

And Conner can be Charity (Note the 'C') trying to sleep with CJ/Queen alias Brand. (Remember the traumatising pic of the two? :o )

What am I? Dilemma....

Ieshwar

Oddly enough, none of the team have ever been as harsh to me as Helen can be to the guys... Not saying I don't deserve it, but they haven't. :)

BTW, bad news... There's been a delay in Ch 17 due to some changes that were needed. I'll guarantee it will be in Joe's inbox within 72 hours, but that's the best I can do. The good news, from my point of views, is that the delay in the posting schedule (I should be able to return to Tuesdays after next week) will allow me to rebuild the working buffer space. It often takes close to two weeks from when a chapter draft is written to when its ready to post, and rushing it is bad for everyone, as amongst other things it hurts the quality.

I'll be sending Ch 19 into beta in a few hours (assuming I get some scenes polished how I want them) so I'm trying to get ahead again (that's the second chapter I've written this week). I figure that if I write a minimum of a chapter and a half a week, I'll soon get the breathing room back. :)

CJ

speaking of cloven hooved animals and cliffs.

there was this joke I heard that involved a scotsmen, a sheep, and a cliff.

suffice to say these being public forums Ill save you the bulk of the joke and just jump in with the punch line. They push back.

:o horrible I know, but the 'other' steve's little story reminded me of it. Well that and all these talks of cliffs, maybe the goat does have an aversion afterall.

*note, no part of this post may be quoted without setting context*

Sigh... :worship: The Queen :worship: has made me resort to puting legal disclaimers on my posts now :wacko:

• Site Administrator

suffice to say these being public forums Ill save you the bulk of the joke and just jump in with the punch line. They push back.

:D I'm not adverse to receiving a PM with the full joke....

On other topics, I noted that CJ didn't deny the story that Steve (wildone) put forward, or my theory that he's going to blow up the small town of Tooborac. I think we can take his silence as confirmation that both of these are actually true....

• Site Administrator

On other topics, I noted that CJ didn't deny the story that Steve (wildone) put forward, or my theory that he's going to blow up the small town of Tooborac. I think we can take his silence as confirmation that both of these are actually true....

I seem to recall that joke from years ago :D !

And as far as Cj's silence, I was thinking the same thing. Since it may have come a little too close to the story's eventual outcome, CJ has no option to be silent or face the posibility of gaining a spine or two from you :lol: .

Steve B)

Edit to add: And at least, no comment about him being a stud <_<

Edited by wildone
speaking of cloven hooved animals and cliffs.

:o horrible I know, but the 'other' steve's little story reminded me of it. Well that and all these talks of cliffs, maybe the goat does have an aversion afterall.

*note, no part of this post may be quoted without setting context*

Sigh... :worship: The Queen :worship: has made me resort to puting legal disclaimers on my posts now :wacko:

Of course I have an aversion to cliffs; that's why I never use cliffhangers!

And don't you worry, I'm still looking for a good Shadowgod quote, to go with the Wildone quote in my sig. 0:)

Graeme, Wildone is correct; I can't comment on future plot happening of any sort, for fear of your spines!!

We don't even know that The Scar is going to use the nuclear devices, let alone detonate them. Maybe he just wants them for unusual bookends?

I seem to recall that joke from years ago :D !

And as far as Cj's silence, I was thinking the same thing. Since it may have come a little too close to the story's eventual outcome, CJ has no option to be silent or face the posibility of gaining a spine or two from you :lol: .

Steve B)

Edit to add: And at least, no comment about him being a stud <_<

ROFL! Well, being put out to stud would, indeed, not be my cup of tea. LoL. However, I will note that I get constant threats RE becoming dinner around here, too.

BTW, it was very inconsiderate of you to fly over Nevada and not Arizona; Just come a little closer next time, please. 0:)

I'm a new fan to CJ's stories, but an old time reader of stories from this site.

I read through both stories, well, of Let the Music Play so far. You have a great writing style. I do kinda feel bad and should go back and read cause I know its going to be a big plot down the road, but I've kinda been skiping over the scar story line. I've just fallen in love with Brandon and Chase and Eric and Jon that I wanted to keep up with them first. :wub:

CJ, I don't know how you do it, but from chapter one I've gotten pulled in to their world. I feel like a roadie on tour with them getting a chance to see their world. I found myself just smiling so big and feeling so ... I cant think of the right word. When Brandon was first taken on by the guys and Helen, his wanting to pull his fair share of work; not understanding his new role in the group. I did want to kill Eric and Jon after their drunken escapade on the hotel balcony. And how sweet it was when Brandon took that risk of singing his song to Chase on stage. Man I need a man like that!

Anyways, I'm rambling, but keep up the great work and I cant wait for 17 and 18 and.... :lol:

I'm a new fan to CJ's stories, but an old time reader of stories from this site.

I read through both stories, well, of Let the Music Play so far. You have a great writing style. I do kinda feel bad and should go back and read cause I know its going to be a big plot down the road, but I've kinda been skiping over the scar story line. I've just fallen in love with Brandon and Chase and Eric and Jon that I wanted to keep up with them first. :wub:

CJ, I don't know how you do it, but from chapter one I've gotten pulled in to their world. I feel like a roadie on tour with them getting a chance to see their world. I found myself just smiling so big and feeling so ... I cant think of the right word. When Brandon was first taken on by the guys and Helen, his wanting to pull his fair share of work; not understanding his new role in the group. I did want to kill Eric and Jon after their drunken escapade on the hotel balcony. And how sweet it was when Brandon took that risk of singing his song to Chase on stage. Man I need a man like that!

Anyways, I'm rambling, but keep up the great work and I cant wait for 17 and 18 and.... :lol:

Thank you Puppster!!!

I always try and give a "real feel" to the environment in which I set a story, such as small-town Arizona in FTL, or the music biz in Let the Music play. For me as a writer, half the fun of writing is exploring different worlds from perspectives other than my own. :)

Thanks very much Puppster, and welcome to the forum!!

CJ

• Site Administrator

Hey Puppster,

I noticed you mentioned you have read FTL and up to the current chapter of LTMP. So make sure you exercise your democratic right to let everyone know how you feel about CJ and the title of being

:king: :king: The Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king: here.

It seems 37 people have weighed in on this topic, and we would be glad to hear your opinion and share your vote, or you can remain totally anonymous :P .

Steve B)

Hey Puppster,

I noticed you mentioned you have read FTL and up to the current chapter of LTMP. So make sure you exercise your democratic right to let everyone know how you feel about CJ and the title of being

:king: :king: The Queen of the Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king: here.

It seems 37 people have weighed in on this topic, and we would be glad to hear your opinion and share your vote, or you can remain totally anonymous :P .

Steve B)

I don't know how you arranged for such a landslide. You're eeevil, that's all I can say. :P

• Site Administrator
I don't know how you arranged for such a landslide. You're eeevil, that's all I can say. :P

You weren't around, so the members felt comfortable giving an honest opinion instead of being pressured to lie 0:) That's my theory....

You weren't around, so the members felt comfortable giving an honest opinion instead of being pressured to lie 0:) That's my theory....

I wonder if this should be reported to the Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals? I mean, really, can't a goat go oversees (and thus be cut off from the internet) without having elections such as this in his forum while he's gone? It's cruel, I tell ya, cruel!!!

:o:o :o :o :o :o

I do hope you don't make a habit of treating other goats this way?

:P

• Site Administrator
I wonder if this should be reported to the Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals? I mean, really, can't a goat go oversees (and thus be cut off from the internet) without having elections such as this in his forum while he's gone? It's cruel, I tell ya, cruel!!!

:o:o :o :o :o :o

I do hope you don't make a habit of treating other goats this way?

:P

How is the democratic process cruel to animals? We just held a simple vote....

And no, I don't treat other goats this way. :P I treat everyone as an individual.

In fact, we should be reporting CJ to Cruelty to Humans for those very very evil cliffhangers...

Ieshwar

:o

But Ieshwar, I never use cliffhangers... But, are you saying that Shadowgod should be reported? Hrmmm, that gives me an idea...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..