[DomLuka] Looking for stories

Does anyone know where I can find some gay romance stories with a may/dec twist? I've asked this question on the yahoogroup and that got me 1 story. Which brings me to the grand total of 3 stories where the younger partner isn't some brainless sexccrazed twink and/or the older partner isn't a steraotypica (leather) daddy. Not that I have anything against either. But my partner & I are both very average and frankly, it's impossible to find a story where both partners are portraid as such. So far i like the one that Nick Archer wrote best. If anyone knows of a similar story out there, please let me know. If anyone should feel like writing one :worship:

D.

The term refers to a romantic pairing where one person is significantly older than the other. The age difference is at least a decade, but often more. The phrase comes from the younger person being in the "spring" of his or her life (i.e., May), while the older partner is in his or her "winter" (i.e., December).

In other words, Vic, it would describe say, you and Joe, if you were a couple, as you are definately in your 'winter'. 0:)

Sharon

The term refers to a romantic pairing where one person is significantly older than the other. The age difference is at least a decade, but often more. The phrase comes from the younger person being in the "spring" of his or her life (i.e., May), while the older partner is in his or her "winter" (i.e., December).

In other words, Vic, it would describe say, you and Joe, if you were a couple, as you are definately in your 'winter'. 0:)

Sharon

B) ..........Well put!! Kinda like Spring Lamb/Old Goat!

But in that case, definitely not his winter of discontent.

He's 39, according to this site. That's still mid-summer.

If anyone is looking for some good reading whilest Mr Dom is afk :blink: I might suggest the very first gay story I ever read, "For the love of Pete" http://www.deweywriter.com/ (left side under "Dewey" , for the love of pete, follow by brian and pete, and the power within). Unless you have absolutely NO life it will take quite a while to read :funny: though just a warning, it's quite dramatic, and somewhat sad and almost frustrating in areas, but definitely worth a read. :great:

Sharon

Ok ... way to make my "hubbie" sound like an old fart. Just for the record peeps: he's 42. Not old at all. And very young looking for his age; yet mature enoughnot to hold a grudge over being called"december" right hon? 0:)

... oy I'm sleeping on the sofa :wacko:

• Site Administrator
Ok ... way to make my "hubbie" sound like an old fart. Just for the record peeps: he's 42. Not old at all. And very young looking for his age; yet mature enoughnot to hold a grudge over being called"december" right hon? 0:)

... oy I'm sleeping on the sofa :wacko:

If it helps patch things up, December is the start of Summer here in Australia 0:)

Guest ramsayn

I can echo the votes for the Brian and Pete stories on dewey's site.

I only discovered them last week and obviously I have no life as I've read them all and re-read some of them.

God I've even trawled the internet archive looking for the missing stories that were written by Drake.

The writing get's better and better and I defy anybody not to get emotionally attached to the characters.

Me, I'm praying for Brian.

On the other topic "December" lol, maybe I should write my life stories or at least the parts that are fit to print. I turned 40 a couple of months ago

and can only think of 2 relationships that haven't had at least a 10 year age gap. Seeing as I'm broken hearted and single, this is not a recomendation for everlasting love.

In a total coincidence I posted my first ever writing tonight. When the admins see fit, a poem called "Ode to the Anti-Christ" should be available for reading and critical comment. I was 31 when I met Stephen and he was 18.

Enjoy people.

Love Neil.

• Site Administrator
Don't give 'em more reason to think us Aussies are backwards Graeme :blink:

Backward? I was thinking that they might thing it's an advantage to have summer in December! Though none of the northern hemispherian's I've spoken to really appreciate the idea of a summer Christmas :P

Luc has a short story like this. I Forgot the name though. But it's really good.

Of course it is; Luc wrote it :P

Did you really need to say that, Menzo? I thought everyone just knew that?

A white christmas would be novel, but summer christmas is cool :D accept I'm always the chef at my place and cooking for 6 hours in 40 degrees can be a pain :funny: Always makes me wanna do a Naked Chef... :blink:

• Site Administrator
The naked chef is English silly :D . Wow I've really gone off topic on this thread huh.. 0:)

While he's British, I've never seen him naked. He always wears too many clothes on his TV shows. However, I have seen real naked chefs on Australian TV. It was on one of the previous Big Brother shows where two of the guys stripped off and cooked dinner naked (apart from aprons). Not that I watch much of the show... 0:)

Cough. So May/December stories huh? I got a couple of ones in mind, but first one which popped up was the 'Clive, the leather hairdreser' series. Yeah corny title, but its from one of my all time favourite slash writers. It contains BDSM, but I dont think its very hardcore. But I dont think people who firmly stick to vanilla romance will be comfortable with it. Well anyways here is the link. And no, Clive isnt the stereotypical leather daddy. In fact I find him very different...hard to place a label on him. The younger partner has quite a personality as well, and isnt potrayed as a sexcrazed twink either...heh heh

Clive, the Leather Hairdresser

The other is from same author, in her slash fic pages. Its called 'Child of the Night', and is a slashy take on 'Dracula'.

Child of the Night

And if you dont mind reading in comic book format, try out the Rules series I have up in my sig. That kind of contains May/December romance. (If you do try it out, remember to read panels of pages from right to left.)

Edited by pitchan