Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

A site update...

I changed the master index for LTMP: The navigation boxes at the bottom of the chapters and also the main story index now have the chapter names. I was digging through the story the other day to check a fact in an early chapter, and I found I had an easier time navigating if I could see the chapter names, so I created the new index. I've also added my latest two anthology entries to the main index page.

Okay, now I have a question; there is a link on the sidebar called "stuff" that goes to a blank page containing an "under construction"

bar.

Any suggestions what the heck I should put there? What would you guys like to see? (and, um, no, not me roasting over a fire. :P )

Thanks!!

CJ

I changed the master index for LTMP: The navigation boxes at the bottom of the chapters and also the main story index now have the chapter names. I was digging through the story the other day to check a fact in an early chapter, and I found I had an easier time navigating if I could see the chapter names, so I created the new index. I've also added my latest two anthology entries to the main index page.

Okay, now I have a question; there is a link on the sidebar called "stuff" that goes to a blank page containing an "under construction"

bar.

Any suggestions what the heck I should put there? What would you guys like to see? (and, um, no, not me roasting over a fire. :P )

Thanks!!

CJ

A picture of you! And not of anything other than a human. Doesn't have to show your face, but it should be really you. :worship:

Colin B)

• Site Administrator

Favourite recipes? :devil:

A short bio, maybe, or something that you have a passion about? Favourite websites (after GA)?

Let's see, I like the Bio idea.

Here's my suggestions:

• Some stories from other authors that may have helped you in your own writing? Or that you just like.
  • Some causes you believe in.
  • Musical Taste
  • Artists/art works you like?

bar.

Thanks!!

CJ

B) ...........a picture of your favorite bottle of tequila....and in the background a picture of evil Eric and good Eric....or a picture of the mountains...maybe even your cabin

/me clears throat

CJames roasting over an open fire!

Jack Frost nipping at his toes,

Pagan rituals being sung by Ieshwar!

And folks dressed up like mr. Joe

Everybody knows an echidna and some

garlic cloves,

Help to make the seasoning light

Evil twits with their eyes all aglow

Will find it hard to eat tonight

They know that CJ's on his way

He's bringing lots of stories and goatness

On his.. erm... hooves (dammit it doesn't rhyme!!)

And every gay and bi is gonna spy

To see if CJames really knows how to write

And so I'm offering this simple wish

To kids from one to ninety-two

Although it's been said many times,

Many waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays...!

*Bleat*

• Site Administrator

I really like the bio idea. Since the only pictures we have of you are in your sunglasses, I would imagine that you would not want to be too involved in certain aspects. Things like if I had a GPS, where I would be able to find you after you post your next cliffhanger :lol: .

Probably something about what may have influenced you to write, the topic of your stories, your interests in life. That kind of stuff. I would also like to know more about Ed, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to tell us about him.

Honestly, anything that gives us some more insight behind the sunglasses would be great.

Thanks for asking for our suggestions too.

Steve B)

first off, nice idea to get the title of the chapters there,,,I agree a bio could be nice. A pic would be nice too, but I can understand why one wouldn't want to put his pic online.

Thanks! I'm going to re-do FTL the same way, and I'll use that format from now on. It's easy to do once you set it up. The navigation table that appears in each chapter is actually a single file with just the table, so there is only one file to edit. :)

B) ...........a picture of your favorite bottle of tequila....and in the background a picture of evil Eric and good Eric....or a picture of the mountains...maybe even your cabin

ROFL! Well, I'll see what I can do. :)

/me clears throat

CJames roasting over an open fire!

Jack Frost nipping at his toes,

Pagan rituals being sung by Ieshwar!

And folks dressed up like mr. Joe

Everybody knows an echidna and some

garlic cloves,

Help to make the seasoning light

Evil twits with their eyes all aglow

Will find it hard to eat tonight

They know that CJ's on his way

He's bringing lots of stories and goatness

On his.. erm... hooves (dammit it doesn't rhyme!!)

And every gay and bi is gonna spy

To see if CJames really knows how to write

And so I'm offering this simple wish

To kids from one to ninety-two

Although it's been said many times,

Many waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays...!

*Bleat*

ROFL! I love it! Thanks Hylas!

I really like the bio idea. Since the only pictures we have of you are in your sunglasses, I would imagine that you would not want to be too involved in certain aspects. Things like if I had a GPS, where I would be able to find you after you post your next cliffhanger :lol: .

Probably something about what may have influenced you to write, the topic of your stories, your interests in life. That kind of stuff. I would also like to know more about Ed, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to tell us about him.

Honestly, anything that gives us some more insight behind the sunglasses would be great.

Thanks for asking for our suggestions too.

Steve B)

More insight behind the sunglasses, you say? Well, okay...

med_gallery_2141_8_45873.jpg

And no, no GPS coordinates. :P And anyway, for what? You know I never use cliffhangers. :)

OK, seriously, good idea about Ed. Ed Wooton, who I have a little memorial to on my main page, was my first editor. He edited the first few chapters of FTL, (and, come to think of it, I did start FTL before LTMP) and then there were re-written and re-edited just over a year ago when I got back into writing. Ed helped me get started, but I had no clue what I was doing. Ed passed away in 2003, and he was not only my editor but my conduit to writing sites. I was also heartbroken when he doed. He was in very ill health, but still, I was very sad. Ed was a great guy and I miss him.

Anyway, With Ed gone, and having lost interest in online sites, I still liked to write, but never intended to post my writings anywhere. One day, while chopping wood of all things, a story line popped into my head. (proving that nature really does abhor a vacuum.) I saw a guy, down on his luck, at the end of his rope, get a major break. Everything was wonderful, but there was this other storyline hovering around, featuring a guy who had a little nuclear project running. (Yep, LTMP). And like i always do when a storyline occurs to me, I felt compelled to write down the main elements, and then start filling in details. I made it to around Ch 8, plus an outline, before other projects came to mind. One of them was "Mixed signals" While I do want to brush up and start posting.

The way stories occur to me is weird. For those who have read "No Shirt? No Problem!" which was my first story to be posted, that was not what I envisioned! I tried to write about a very different trip, rock-climbing in Utah, no romance, etc, but it wouldn't come. So, I just decided to start writing it with my protagonist backing out of his home and leaving on a vacation, and I had NO idea where he would go. By the time I'd gotten him to the edge of Phoenix, I had the story outline in my head, and the title too.

FTL was different. I got the end of it first! The epilogue (though it did change a little) was the first thing I wrote. Actually, the epilogue to LTMP was written about halfway thought writing the first eight chapters, so I ended up with endings, and had to see how to get there. LoL. Other times, I've started stories with utterly no clue where they were going. I also have a long list of story ideas in my writing directory that I need to get to. :)

Hrmm, is the above something for the page? Info on how I write? I do get many questions about that, and don't mind sharing as long as no one thinks its a "how to" becuase that would be bad advice for them and they'd likely end up hating me. The way I write is admittedly weird. It works for me, so I use it. :)

• Site Administrator

With a bit of cleanup and structure, what you've just written would be great :) A little history of how you came to write, and a bit of information about how you work.

Feel free to send me a draft for comment -- you know I don't hold back if I've got something to say :devil:

CJ,

I think a list of your favourite authors and stories would be great. When I find an author I like, generally, you'll like many of the same stories they do. There are so many story sites and it can be easy to miss a gem that is buried on Nifty or a site you may never have heard of.

Pictures of your European Goat Tour 2007 would be interesting but I know why you'd have reservations about that.

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I thought I'd bring this topic back up to the top of the forum since I saw CJ has actually updated the "stuff'" tab :great: .

I think I will bookmark this page, so when I'm really really really angry at him, it will be a good reminder of who the real CJ is, and what he does for all of us. :P

Imagine if he never did post that first anthology?? :(

Steve B)

I thought I'd bring this topic back up to the top of the forum since I saw CJ has actually updated the "stuff'" tab :great: .

I think I will bookmark this page, so when I'm really really really angry at him, it will be a good reminder of who the real CJ is, and what he does for all of us. :P

Imagine if he never did post that first anthology?? :(

Steve B)

I see your new siggy! :P

I guess I'm never going to be able to say "I never use cliffhangers" again. :(

However, do bear in mind that the cliffie was Shadowgod's fault. It was his cliffhanging throne that compelled me. It's making me do eeevil things... For the sake of Instinct, shadowgod must return to his rightful place on his throne,

before eevil strikes LTMP again!

Yep, I updated my "stuff" page about a month ago; I felt I had to put something there other than an under construction icon, LoL. :)

I see your new siggy! :P

I guess I'm never going to be able to say "I never use cliffhangers" again. :(

However, do bear in mind that the cliffie was Shadowgod's fault. It was his cliffhanging throne that compelled me. It's making me do eeevil things... For the sake of Instinct, shadowgod must return to his rightful place on his throne,

before eevil strikes LTMP again!

Yep, I updated my "stuff" page about a month ago; I felt I had to put something there other than an under construction icon, LoL. :)

He does not have the cliffhanging throne anymore. You won that title fair and square. He may be an influence, but you are still responsible for your own evil cliffhangers. I have used one or two of them myself, and I admit it. I also take responsibility for them, especially since they are fairly recent. :P

He does not have the cliffhanging throne anymore. You won that title fair and square. He may be an influence, but you are still responsible for your own evil cliffhangers. I have used one or two of them myself, and I admit it. I also take responsibility for them, especially since they are fairly recent. :P

Was this an abdication or a coup d'etat?

Was this an abdication or a coup d'etat?

Mike, there were awards and C James won King of Evil Cliffhangers for 2008. We decided who would be the King of Evil Cliffhangers. ;)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..