What Personality Are You?

Hylas

INFP's are the Mystic Healers. :D Anyone want a check-up? :whistle:

Actually I due for one soon. :) probe away doc.

OH MY GOD!!! That doesn't go there! That doesn't go..... there. *Passes out, with pleasure???*

Edited by Jeebus
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Type is

INFP

Introverted 78%

Intuitive 12%

Feeling 12%

Perceiving 56%

Interesting that -- Jobs I would be good at:

Counseling

Religious Education

Education

Humanities

Web Design

Musician

Literature/Writer

Archaeology

Psychology/Psychotherapist

I am an INTJ.

Usually I dismiss this stuff as a soft-science goo but a couple of things that really stood out:

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering..

many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship).

Here's where it gets dicey:

Other INTJs:

Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor

Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense

General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California

Does this mean I'm supposed to be an: a) asshole, B) republican or c) republican asshole? :huh:

I am an INTJ.

Usually I dismiss this stuff as a soft-science goo but a couple of things that really stood out:

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering..

many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship).

Here's where it gets dicey:

Other INTJs:

Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor

Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense

General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California

Does this mean I'm supposed to be an: a) asshole, B) republican or c) republican asshole? :huh:

I guess I just wouldn't mention that part in public. :lol:

On our side:

William Shakespeare

Homer

Virgil

Mary, mother of Jesus

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A. A. Milne

John F. Kennedy, Jr.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis

Dreamers and surprise, surprise! Authors. LOL

no scientists at all. :P

ENFP here:

You are:

* moderately expressed extravert

* distinctively expressed intuitive personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

ENFP....here

ENFP

ENFP

ENFP.

What a wonderful group of guys to be similar to! :D:2thumbs:

As a former psychology major, and life-long aficionado I've naturally taken this test quite a few times. I'm very consistently N and F, and very inconsistently P or J, in fact I think I often end up being J, but it really all depends on my mood.

As for introverted or extroverted, well I'm almost certainly more extroverted when all is said and done, but really I'm both, in that while I love people and social interaction, and I'm not exactly shy, I get frustrated if I don't get plenty of alone time, and I'm never bored on my own. People fascinate me, but I'm extremely self-contained and can happily live inside my head. When I am with people though, I tend to enjoy standing out, I love meeting new people and trying new things, and I like excitement...but I also deeply enjoy routine and peace and quiet. *shrug* All I know is that I'm very happy in both settings and would miss having a great deal of both. Although I suspect I could adapt quite well to almost exclusively indulging in either if the situation warranted it (for example being stuck somewhere in the constant presence of others, or being stuck somewhere deserted by myself).

Always interesting to ponder,

Take care all and have an awesome day :D

-Kevin

I'm - ENFJ

You are:

* very expressed extrovert - 78%

* slightly expressed intuitive personality - 12%

* moderately expressed feeling personality - 50%

* moderately expressed judging personality - 44%

Krista

I'm - ENFJ

You are:

* very expressed extrovert - 78%

* slightly expressed intuitive personality - 12%

* moderately expressed feeling personality - 50%

* moderately expressed judging personality - 44%

Krista

Yay! I'm not the odd one out anymore. B)

• Site Administrator
That leaves me with ISFJ, still looking for any true partners...

This test shows your personality type. I did a similar survey a year or so ago that also told you the personality type of your preferred partner. They often weren't the same as your own personality type, because you're looking for different things. Often, for example, an introverted person may be looking for a partner who is more extroverted than themselves.

This test shows your personality type. I did a similar survey a year or so ago that also told you the personality type of your preferred partner. They often weren't the same as your own personality type, because you're looking for different things. Often, for example, an introverted person may be looking for a partner who is more extroverted than themselves.

That's a very good point. I think there is a lot to the whole "opposites attract" thing. On the other hand I recently had a series of dates with a very shy, introverted, unassertive guy. He was cute and sweet, but completely unwilling to make any decisions, or even express a preference. We always did exactly what I wanted to do in every regard. I found this a bit off-putting, and it ultimately led to my deciding not to pursue anything further with him.

I've also read quite a few studies that indicate that with regards to quite a few areas (morality, intelligence, interests/hobbies, etc.) it IS best to find someone at least somewhat similar to yourself. Still I very much hold true to the idea that almost any relationship can work if the people involved in it are willing to do a great deal of work and take great efforts to communicate effectively.

INFJ

It's always scary how well a couple of clicks can describe you. That's better than therapy, sheesh, all that time I spent self-analyzing I could have taken this test and gotten my life together.

LOL. Exactly what I was thinking too...

At least now I know why I always feel alone, INFP's are less than 1% of the population! LOL

LOL Poor Idealists... we should move to Utopia!

Then again, ideal partners ENFJ/ESFJ?!... (Quickly scans up) Krista and Tiger? :huh:

• Site Administrator
I've also read quite a few studies that indicate that with regards to quite a few areas (morality, intelligence, interests/hobbies, etc.) it IS best to find someone at least somewhat similar to yourself. Still I very much hold true to the idea that almost any relationship can work if the people involved in it are willing to do a great deal of work and take great efforts to communicate effectively.

True, though I wouldn't have listed interests/hobbies in that list you have. That would be true for some people, but I know my wife and I had no interests or hobbies in common when we started going out. Even now we have different interests/hobbies (apart from the boys, which are more a full time job....), but we have learnt enough of the others to be able to relate to what they are saying. There has to be some common ground to form the base of a relationship, but that could be anything. In our case it was that we worked at the same place, and we had similar views on a number of subjects.

ISFJ - 67% 75% 25% 11%

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed sensing personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

Some parts of the description (the one by Butt and Heiss, not the one by Keirsey) really fit.

* ...for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). (in my case, "Just give me the keyboard, you're typing too slow!")

* ...their families are the centers of their lives. (my OTL is my life.)

* ...ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones (like taking three months to make a christmas gift O.o)

* ...they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. (unable to articulate just about any feeling, most of the time)

ENFJ

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity.

Goodness, that's a mouthful. :unsure: Fun test.

Jack B)

Hey Jack, don't forget the remaining of the phrase !

"We have tremendous charisma by which we are drawn into nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. We have tremendous power to manipulate others with our phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. We believe in our dreams, and we see us as helpers and enablers" ..

And who is the "WE" (till now) ?

You, Krista, TL the writing Tiger, Benji and myself. What a group ! :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

We are the best, and everybody has to listen to us :lol: .

• 2 weeks later...

I am a INTJ or Introverted (78%), Intuitive (12%), Thinking (1%) and Judging (33%).

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

This is so true of me. I admit to what I know and what I don't know, and I always ask myself if something works or if its worth my time...This is pathetic if a quiz can correctly guess part of my thinking process....