How did you find Gay Authors?

• Site Administrator

I have noticed a huge influx of new people lately, so I've been meaning to ask...

How did you find Gay Authors?

I KNEW there was a reason why I put them there!

Oh, and Novelty, check both the most recent reply in my blog comments and the one where you asked what countries I'd been to...wait, I think I'll just put them in the blog itself as an edit.

I'm not really sure. It was over a year ago, that I discovered the site.

But I've narrowed it down to two possibilities. Either there was a link in Dan Kirks "Dawn Of Tears" at Nifty, or I googled for the story. Quite often developing storys are hosted elsewhere and posted a bit faster there, than at Nifty.

Me too (because of Comicality).

In the past I read stories from nifty, and thought that most was very badly

written. Once I found comicalities site, he was The Best, and I assumed there

was no other writer in existance that I'd want to read stories from anyway.

However, then I read 'Coup

Edited by Aleric
Guest Casper

I found the GA link on one of DomLuka's stories over at Nifty. When I found it I spent 12 hours reading Desert Dropping and The Ordinary Us - I think I'm hooked!!

I was checking up dkstories's site every day since July 2004 to see if he had updated my then favourite net story Dawn of Tears. Finally by April 2005 I had had enough, and decided to investigate what he was up to, and whether he had just petrified himself in the centre of the moon away from everything, or something.

Eventually, after much searching, I came across GayAuthors and all those other wonderful stories which have consoled me in my sorry over the inaction with Dawn of Tears. Sob :(

Perhaps a "delay" note under Dawn of Tears could save some other avid readers daily heartache. :)

I found this place by finding Myr's HP slash fanfic stories, which lead me to Dan's stories of the same genre. I have come back for several months to read other stories hosted here.

I finally joined the forum because of the recommendation at Dom's yahoo group.

Marc

I found this site while reading Dom's The Lo(n)g Way on Nifty. He had a link at the bottom and here I am.

I really like this site. Most of my time has been spent in Dom's area, but I am starting to look around and am beginning to read other stories.

Needless to say, once I get my tax refund, I plan on sending a contribution. It cannot be cheap to run a site like this.

• Site Administrator
Needless to say, once I get my tax refund, I plan on sending a contribution.  It cannot be cheap to run a site like this.

Thanks very much for the thought, but with the Google Ads, we've been doing very well towards funding the site. If this changes, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Enjoy! :boy:

I lurk, and lurk, and lurk. I'm everywhere and nowhere. I'm many things to many people. Considering each authors most popular story... from nifty I found Dewey, then Drake, when Comsie was mentioned I spent time creaking around The Shack (always lurking and creeping, watching and waiting). I hit that GA button at The Shack and stumbled my way to Myr's fanfics, then Dan's, then I scavanged around for anything written by Dan. At this point I can't count the number of stories I was trying to follow, so I found more. I basically stopped reading nifty for lack of time, but always looked for the wheat. I found The Log Way and had to add another, and then Kombat Kids. When Dom and GR15 were hosted here I had little reason to go elsewhere. Oh.. I cheat a little here and there.

I make one comment in one of Dan's blogs and he tells me to become a member. I took one of my old names (a protective one) and braved the light ... for the time being.