How did you find Gay Authors?

Ok I'm guilty too. :nuke:  

It was the link on Dan's "Do Over" on Nifty Archive

What he said.

It's funny though... I found Nifty as it was featured as Awful Link Of The Day at somethingawful.com, which I visit for the often hilarious Photoshop Friday, during the time I discovered my homosexuality. At age 21 I guess I was quite late in that.

My curiosity got the better of me and I ended up reading half the night and being a frequent visitor. But lately I'm getting rather tired with finding the needle of quality in the haystack that is Nifty, so I started following external links given in stories I thought to be of exceptional quality. Talk about hitting the motherload... ;)

So I say it's Dan's fault you will have to endure me from now on. Just as many of my sleepless nights are his fault! :wacko:

I found GA in an interesting way.

I used to write stories for a newsgroups Alt.sex.stories.gay.moderated and while on that site i got hooked on "new kid in school". I started writing a story called "Brian and Jonathan". I havent touched that story in about 5 years, then i decided to see if my story was still on the ASSGM site and lo and behold it was, so i checked to see if Comicality was still writing or if he, like many of my favorite authors, had faded from existence. On his site I stumbled across the link for GA and here i am. I'm now hooked on Do over and DOR. I've actually started writing stories again! my therapist (yeah i said the T word) says that expressing myself through stories would be a great way to re-connect with my emotions...as apparently i have disconnected from them.... anyway, you didnt need to know that... i found GA through comicality.... short enough. :boy:

Well you can add another tick mark by "Followed a link on dkstories's Nifty posting of Do Over."

:read: I have had a personal fantasy about jumping back into my childhood with the memories of my current experiences and "fixing" past regrets, but none of my idle dreaming reached the global changes of which dkstories wrote in his Do Over story.

I just finished reading that story and am about to start reading the Do Over Redux story. I'm looking forward to it, but I no longer have my naive daydreams about fixing my childhood mistakes. I was a marine and am a Gulf War veteran, but I did not see any of the direct action that poor Davey Jones did. Looking back, I know that I was ill-suited to be a fighter, I'm much happier away from conflict behind my computer terminal writing programs.

I'm looking forward to reading more of dkstories's stories and the other authors' stories here as well.

-Lou.

I also followed a link from dkstories's Do Over posted at Nifty about 3 weeks ago. I finally followed the link there because one of the chapters never posted over there correctly (I think it was chapter 13 or 14) and I wanted to find out what I had missed. I've never been much of a board poster though (as witness this, my first post after 3 weeks of coming to this site) so I'm only a member as of today.

• 1 year later...
I found my way here thru a link to Dom's stories at another site. I eventually joined and have been hanging around ever since.

Jan

Ditto

:sheep: (Dom has a lot to answer for ;) )

Edited by Marty

I was reading Dom Luka's Dessert Dropping on Nifty. There were only 10 chapters posted there. I was really hooked on the story, so I went searching, and found a link to GA at the bottom of some of the chapters. I came here, and I found 10 MORE CHAPTERS! It like seriously made my month! I continued reading it, and I eventually made my way to the rest of the site, and signed up. THANKS DOM LUKA!

Kurt :D

• Site Administrator

I originally became aware of this site when some told me there was a discussion here on one of my early short stories, Dear God. I lurked for a while, but I didn't join until I was ready to participate.

I stalked a friend here :P Actually, he told me about Dom Luka's stories and mentioned he had found a site where his stories were discussed and where there were also other good stories. I tracked him here through the link he gave me to one of Dom Luka's stories. :D Was decent detective work. *pats self on back*

I was reading Dom Luka's Dessert Dropping on Nifty. There were only 10 chapters posted there. I was really hooked on the story, so I went searching, and found a link to GA at the bottom of some of the chapters. I came here, and I found 10 MORE CHAPTERS! It like seriously made my month! I continued reading it, and I eventually made my way to the rest of the site, and signed up. THANKS DOM LUKA!

That's almost exactly my experience too. Only the story was The Ordinary Us, there were only about 10, possibly 11 chapters there (at nifty). So the whole next morning during my summer Latin class I couldn't focus and kept thinking "what happens next?"...who knew TOU could be more interesting than Subjunctive Latin verb forms? :blink:

Anyway I decided for the sake of my grade I'd better find some more chapters! So later that day I found the link at the bottom of the page that took me here :D ...unlike Kurt though I only got a couple more chapters - up to chapter 13, the infamous marshmellow scene! Anyway I read those and really didn't intend to read TLW (which was complete with all 30 chapters) or DD (which was stuck on chapter 8)...BUT I couldn't help it LOL. I had to read SOMETHING while I waited. So I read TLW, which ultimately turned out to be my favouite and THAT'S what made me register and post! I just couldn't not talk about it...lol so yeah, considering I read fairly slowly I ended up lurking a good month or so before I joined too.

Took me forever (well 2 or 3 months) to venture from Dom's forum and into The General Discussion forum (The Lounge). hehe, I eventually spread out from there :)

LOL, and now to celebrate I'm going to go read the new (to me) chapter of The Other Side of Me.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Kevin

My path to GA started way, way back around late 1999 or early 2000, when I first found Comicality's Shack Out Back. This was, of course, well before he was hosted here....but when he moved through a few other places and then finally settled here, I followed and thus, found the rest of GA as well.

Of course, I didn't actually really check out GA then...I saw it a bit, but paid little attention. Then came back for something (I forget what, haha) and registered on these her forums...and promptly left again :D Then a few months back someone was telling me some stuff about the place and the third time was the charm - now you can't get rid of me :D

LOL the reason I'm here is Graeme. He told me about this place and I've settled in. I can't thank him enough, I've learned so much!

So Graeme, thanks.

This is a great group of folks. I've been making it a habit to post the link in my nifty posted chapters here as well.