Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 47

Fitting end for bad rubbish!

Thank you for the painful and excruciating death for Scar.

Yet, we knew some one must die as well on our side,

Come to think of it, Helen was the only choice, but I still hate to see her go.

There are very few strong lesbian characters written by a gay male author that I liked, well except for Xena, haha.

Finally, I saw it coming through my speculations,

I knew Joe would not go out of the storyline just that quickly with such a colorful backstory.

His involvement with the Shadows was hinted from the beginning with his appearance and attire (pale kid wearing black trench-coat, yeah very good).

Thanks for giving the guy another chance, though.

Finally, Please give Eric a boyfriend soon! (I have said a million times and I know shadowgod agrees, hehe)

As I said: Please! Give Eric a boyfriend! <on my hands and knees with a hidden dagger behind my back for security, hehe>

My only plea is that you specifically NOT tie up too many loose ends. Obviously, with a sequel coming up, you don't plan to tie everything together, but I hate it when authors feel the need to package a neat little ending to every problem. Just think about your life: when was the last time you wrapped up all the loose ends going on in your life before the next problem hit? (For that matter, when was the last time anyone wrapped up two or three loose ends in a row before a new issue came up? I can't remember the last time I did ... )

I don't know if this was unique to me, but I really liked Dimitri until the last few chapters. Maybe it was because we never really saw his evil side so much, it was just implied, and his nonchalant attitude towards sexual orientation is such a nice change of pace from most people's.

How official were Helen and Barbra? If there's much legal paperwork around her estate, the paparazzi will almost certainly figure the two out, destroying Brandon's cover ... And likely outing him in a negative ("you lied to us") light, unless they go on the offensive first, outing both couples, and taking the first shot at the media ("hey, we told you all along, they were just friends").

Edit: been away for a while, but nitpicking back (since you got me on the meters/feet thing):

Jerry did indeed start loosing his grip, starting with the shipping container incident where he killed the road boss. The stress got to him, and in spite of his high opinions of himself he doesn't handle stress well. He also tried to get too fancy on some of the details, and had some bad luck. :)

While his control did indeed get looser, I doubt he voluntarily released some slack, and instead began losing his grip.

Also, Brandon's techie job started at 6AM in chapter 2, and 7AM in chapter 4.

And 9.8 m/s^2 = ~32.152231 feet, so Earth's acceleration due to gravity should round to 32 ft/s^2, not 33. badrazzzk6.gif

Edited by BlueSoxSWJ

A Fitting ending to the scar :D

Thinking we will see Barbara in the next chapter, Joe would be a good addition just wishes he will not be afraid to face the crowd though now.

Will Eric find lover? be fun to find out even in the sequel :D

Barbara have anything to do with the band.

Jim should continue now with them.

Again cj great chapter.

Great chapter, CJ. Lots of things came to a satisfactory ending. Helen's death was sad, but the end of Scar and his last two henchmen were welcome. General Bradson's forced resignation should be no surprise; happens all the time. I applaud his decision to rattle a few politicians.

One thing I wondered about:

Carefully folding the map and slipping it into his uniform pocket
Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

Another Great Chapter CJ :2thumbs: Thank you very much.

I have to agree with everyone that it is great to see J/S finally dead. In the way only CJ could use, it was very ironic that Vlad was able to exact revenge from the grave for the person who ended his. I will unofficially declare Vladimir as the unsuspected hero of LTMP :great: .

Now I'm confused...........Help me out here please!! Helen's dead????

CJ Wrote:

Eric had always hated these grim edifices, with their somber airs of fear, grief, and mourning permeating every aspect of the place. The flowers, the austere pillars, hallowed names engraved in endless rows, and above all else, always there, lurking just beyond the carefully projected bright and clean surface, was death, masked and sterilized.

The feel of an imposed though trampled silence filled the halls. Eric caressed Helen

Hmmm....You are right! CJ has been a naughty boy again with misdirection. We never hear them say Helen is dead.

Hmmm....You are right! CJ has been a naughty boy again with misdirection. We never hear them say Helen is dead.

It seems rather obvious she is. If she weren't this would be a hell of a misdirection. And we all know CJ dislikes displeasing his audience with cheap narrative tricks.

Great story CJ... and a last chapter that wrappes up almost everything. :worship::worship:

I like that Vladimir got his revenge :-) That was unexpected, and thus another very good twist in the plot !

And Joe joining the shadows ... thats well deserved (and I didn't see that one coming either) !

I agree... the scene with Helen could be at the hospital ! I would expect more happening at a funeral... maybe, just maybe, she is in an ICU in critical condition and still has a chance to survive... we'll hopefully know more soon, the Epilogue should hopefully take care of that. Wouldn't this be a typical "Goat Misdirection" ? I sure wouldn't mind :)

Good thing the sequel is already "in the make"...

B) ...................CJ using misdirection?? I think it was clearly implied that Helen is dead;

Wilde broke the awkward silence that followed by saying,

B) ...................CJ using misdirection?? I think it was clearly implied that Helen is dead;

Wilde broke the awkward silence that followed by saying, "I'm really sorry about Helen. We all are."

Eric had always hated these grim edifices, with their somber airs of fear, grief, and mourning permeating every aspect of the place. The flowers, the austere pillars, hallowed names engraved in endless rows, and above all else, always there, lurking just beyond the carefully projected bright and clean surface, was death, masked and sterilized.

The feel of an imposed though trampled silence filled the halls. Eric caressed Helen's hand and glanced across the sterile sheets at Jon. Meeting his brother's eyes, Eric asked in a strained whisper, "Why'd she do it? It should be me laying there, not her."

Clearly Helen is not lying in a hospital room, more likely a chapel.

J/S just kept on making costly mistakes but at least he is now getting all the rest he needs thanks to an insightful Vlad. Great chapter CJ!! Looking forward to the sequel!

Well, there is no mentioning of Helen being dead ! You are right, it LOOKS a lot like she is dead.. but it is never spelled out. The Shadows can be sorry for Helen being hurt and in critical condition as well as being sorry for her being killed....

It LOOKS more like it is a chapel than a hospital room, but its never spelled out. The "grim edifices" could be a chapel... but could be a hospital as well.

Thats exactly where the "GEGM" (Great Evil Goat Misdirection) comes on the scene ;) . With CJames, i will only believe Helen is dead when he actually spelled it out clearly !

Edited by YaP
Well, there is no mentioning of Helen being dead ! You are right, it LOOKS a lot like she is dead.. but it is never spelled out. The Shadows can be sorry for Helen being hurt and in critical condition as well as being sorry for her being killed....

It LOOKS more like it is a chapel than a hospital room, but its never spelled out. The "grim edifices" could be a chapel... but could be a hospital as well.

Thats exactly where the "GEGM" (Great Evil Goat Misdirection) comes on the scene ;) . With CJames, i will only believe Helen is dead when he actually spelled it out clearly !

B) ...............Your right, CJ did everything to imply, but never actually said that Helen was dead. Master of misdirection and now master of non-information?? Silence of the Goats.

• Site Moderator
Great Chapter, CJ! :2thumbs:

I didn't see The Scar's ultimate demise coming at all. It was fitting though, also took care of the issue of that dangerous material.

Great job! :great:

-Kevin

I agree Kevin. I didn't see that either, even if when it appeared Scar got away too easily.

It was not said if Helen was dies or not. She was in critical condition.

From the description that I read, I took it to be in a Funeral Home in Tellerude, where everyone there will have a private memorial for her before they take her back home for a more public one.

I'm glad to see that Joe and Chase have made up.

Jan

Great chapter CJ. Can't wait to see how this story ends

Following Steve's and Benji's example, I'll quote:

The feel of an imposed though trampled silence filled the halls. Eric caressed Helen

Helen is not dead.

Her bed was transferred from the ICU to the hospital chapel for privacy purposes.

:D

Conner

I have very mixed feelings about this:

1/ I'd be glad Helen's just asleep and recovering.

2/ I'd be quite mad at the Goat for such deception. I even shed a tear as I read this part. And my tears are not cheap (see above...)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..