Mechiavelli Test

http://www.salon.com/books/it/1999/09/13/machtest/

This survey itself measures only one thing -- whether you subscribe to the ideas of a 16th century Italian political philosopher. But experiments have shown that reactions to Machiavelli act as a kind of litmus test, delineating differences in temperament that can be confirmed with more traditional personality inventories. High Machs constitute a distinct type: charming, confident and glib, but also arrogant, calculating and cynical, prone to manipulate and exploit. (Think Rupert Murdoch, or if your politics permit it, President Clinton.)

True low Machs, however, can be kind of dependent, submissive and socially inept. So be sure to invite a high Mach or two to your next dinner party.

My score:

The Machiavelli personality test has a range of 0-100

Your Machiavelli score is: 66

"high Mach", you endorse Machiavelli's opinions.

Most people fall somewhere in the middle, but there's a significant minority at either extreme.

Seems to me like low machs are those who believe in others while high machs don't, and the description of the test tells me that the whoever wrote it is a high mach since they said nothing good of low machs lol.

My score:

Your Machiavelli score is: 61

Most people fall somewhere in the middle, but there's a significant minority at either extreme.

Your Machiavelli score is: 92

Your Machiavelli score is: 82

I think that's okay.

• 4 weeks later...
Hrmmm...

Hypothetically speaking, what about a score of 95? :*)

Only a very unsensitive person, one able to inflict very evil cliffhangers upon his poor readers could reach such a high score.

76 here. I guess a number of 3s, due to the ubiquous phrasing of the questions, prevented me from getting a goat-like score.

It means you take GAs threats of spit-roasting you seriously. :P

That I do... :ph34r:

Only a very unsensitive person, one able to inflict very evil cliffhangers upon his poor readers could reach such a high score.

76 here. I guess a number of 3s, due to the ubiquous phrasing of the questions, prevented me from getting a goat-like score.

Hey now, I said "Hypothetically", I never actually admitted that I got a 95. 0:)

• 3 weeks later...

I scored a 92.

Dunno how much I'd buy into the 'litmus test' theory, though. The survey seems to be inspired by The Prince, so we're effectively comparing ourselves to (what I interpreted to be) a fictional character.

Not too dissimilar to a 'Which Harry Potter character are you?' test, really.