Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas, everyone. May it be free of cliffs....

Dontcha know Graeme, thats where the goats Christmas tree is located. I hear he was envious of the Torrey Pine at Torrey Pines golf course, so he recreated the look of the sentinel tree on a bluff at home.

:P

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone. May it be free of cliffs....

As always! After all, a goat would never have anything to do with a cliff! Hrmm, I wrote a little story about that a year or so ago. I'll see if I can find it... Ah, here we go.....

"A goat would never have anything to do with a cliff."

Stumbling up the precipitous path, the wizened old goatherd cried out out again, "Scarp! Where are you, Scarp?" as he pressed onwards and upwards, in search of his missing goat.

Mumbling to himself "Where has that Damn goat gotten to now?" he fought for his breath, tired from the long climb, struggling to trudge the last few yards to the top of the windswept crag. Upon reaching the small, flat expanse, he cursed what he did not see; no black goat,

instead, all he could see was rocks, and sky. Stumbling towards the overlook, buffeted by the roaring wind, he cursed his folly; the goat wasn't on the crag after all. But, it must be somewhere... "Scarp!" he bellowed again...

Resolving to gain sone use from his climb, he edged towards the line between rock and sky, knowing that it was the edge of a vertical

drop to his pasture land, several hundred feet below. Dropping to a crawl, he edged closer, ignoring the loose dirt and gravel and the downward slope as he neared the edge.

Finally able to inch his head forward far enough to look over the dizzying precipice, the old goatherd laid eyes on a familiar black shape far below. "Scarp," he muttered, seeing the black goat looking up at him, "I've climbed up all this way, and there you are, right back where I started."

Inching backwards up the incline, or attempting to, the old goatherd struggled for purchase, the wind buffeting him, fear gripping his heart as he began to slide forward towards the drop, the looming abyss seeming to reach out and pull him over the edge. Scrambling for a handhold that wasn't there, he spun around, sending his legs over the edge, as his wizened fingers tried in vain to stop his fall.

Hanging by one hand from the final lip of rock, his body dangling, his grip failing, he glanced down at the recalcitrant goat, and heard himself say, "I should have known Scarp wouldn't come up here... a goat won't have anything to do with a cliff..."

Dontcha know Graeme, thats where the goats Christmas tree is located. I hear he was envious of the Torrey Pine at Torrey Pines golf course, so he recreated the look of the sentinel tree on a bluff at home.

:P

Merry Christmas!

Shadowyness!! :o

It figures that Shadowgod would know about Torey Pines golf course!! It's a golf course near San Diego built on top of a massive sandstone CLIFF! (I've been there a few times; that cliff edge is unstable, very dangerous!) Of course, Shadowgod is familier with all things cliff-related, so of course he knows the place... :P

• Site Administrator

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas this year.

I'm not sure how we'll reciprocate CJ's gift to us all, but I do wonder if a tank of propane, a spit, and some select spices might be worth collecting?

All the best in 2009 :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..