Listen to Your Heart by Dolores Esteban

This was a lovely and happy story, even though nothing happened with Matthew in the end. Thanks for posting. :) I liked Jeremy and Elisabeth's friendship, and you managed to make the 19th century setting plausible.

• Site Administrator

Thanks, Dolores, for a wonderful story. Elisabeth is one in a million and I hope her husband truly appreciates her.

What struck me most was Jeremy's letter ending the engagement. It rings very true, because practically all of the married gay men that I know of do love their wives and want them to be happy.

Congratulations! I really enjoyed this tale :wub:

Many thanks for reading my story. I appreciate your kind comments and I feel glad you liked the story.

Many thanks again to David McLeod for editing and encouragement. David's comments on punctuation, grammar and flow improved the story.

Thanks all! :)

Dolores

Was a wonderful story. I could see the images in my head of the meetings and conversations taking place. I almost feel that though they weren't the bestest of friends, that if they wanted too they could indeed find love, having an open communication from the start. Was definitely a good read.

Jon

Was a wonderful story. I could see the images in my head of the meetings and conversations taking place. I almost feel that though they weren't the bestest of friends, that if they wanted too they could indeed find love, having an open communication from the start. Was definitely a good read.

Jon

I agree. They did seem to connect in an immediate, direct way which definitely puts me in mind of a sort of "kindred spirits" bond.

Beautiful story. I could really picture the cold morning and the unexpected encouter. It was sweat and the ending was pleasant. There were a few places where the dialoge seemed a little modern to me but I'm no expert. Overall it was an excelent story

• 3 weeks later...