Ever wonder about animals being GAY?

Found an article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechn...-new-study.html

There's even lesbian animals as well ... gay ... straights ... I just wonder how they treat each compared to the human race?

Doubt they have gay pride day or gay cruises or other capitalistic ...

They don't have to worry about jobs or recession either.

Just food, companionship , and predators ...

Can't wait to hear the rational discussions about this.

Then:

"Homosexuality isn't natural, it doesn't even occur in nature"

Now:

"Just because it occurs in nature doesn't mean it's right. Cannibalism and predatory murder occur in nature and we don't accept that in society."

;)

I heard that in a zoo not far from my parents there were 14 penguins they mated and everything... and they still had none or sometimes only 1 egg.... turned out that they were almost all gay... as far as I remember there were 12 males and 2 females... but no opposite sex couples......

Maybe gay couples have actually use in nature..... a lot of straight animal couples just get too many young.... So a gay couple raising little ones would be a smart way out.....

My dog is attracted to male dogs, female dogs, human legs and pillows. What would human society make of that? :P

Lmao.. human society would call that a dog - which is what we call MEN who do the same thing.

As far as Homosexuality in animals: Animals show dominance by mounting animals of the same sex. But as far as strict homosexuality the birds (which are on average pretty intelligent) seem to be the most "gay"... forming life-long bonds and the like...

• Like 1

I heard part of a radio show about research on "gay" fruitflies. I asked a biologist friend about it, and he said they had been noted long ago. Geneticists used to give cutesy names to various fruitfly genes as they are discovered. The chromosome active in male fruitflies that engage in courting behavior toward other males was called "fruity". The term has been replaced by something more dignified since then.

The same chromosome winds up in mice, too, I think, on the X chromosome.

Edited by glomph
My dog got gay on another dog a few times.

I had to break them up. They're brothers and it's weird.

do they really remember being brothers?

or just an easy way to find a mate!! rather than put out an ad on Craigslist

• 2 weeks later...

Found an article

http://www.telegraph...-new-study.html

There's even lesbian animals as well ... gay ... straights ... I just wonder how they treat each compared to the human race?

Doubt they have gay pride day or gay cruises or other capitalistic ...

They don't have to worry about jobs or recession either.

Just food, companionship , and predators ...

Just to put things in perspective, now that I've had a chance to re-read the whole thread...we ARE animals too--mammals, specifically.

On one of my visits to PR we went to visit one of our old neighbors. They had 2 male dogs and a female. One of the male dogs insisted on getting on the other male dog even though all 3 were right there together. The other dog would not allow it to get on top but didn't growl or try to bite either, simply would walk away or sit every time. That happened on and off the entire time we were there. Also, there have been nature shows on TV where they've shown same sex animals in the same situation. So, yeah, homosexuality is not exclusive to humankind.

I doubt that gay animals need gay pride.. to them it's nothing to be proud of... or ashamed of... or even to be aware of... it just is.

And, so, for a change we should learn a point of existence from those "dumb" animals...

Can't wait to hear the rational discussions about this.

Then:

"Homosexuality isn't natural, it doesn't even occur in nature"

Now:

"Just because it occurs in nature doesn't mean it's right. Cannibalism and predatory murder occur in nature and we don't accept that in society."

;)

B) ....................I've already heard that from the fundies.

While reading that article I found myself feeling really sorry for Pepper and wanting to dislike the home wrecker, Linda.

Then I remembered I was reading about penguins and really think I need to get out more. :P

Lol, penguins or not, the story would fit right in on the site.. if they were all human. Of course, the two males would live happily ever after in the end on here..

I doubt that gay animals need gay pride.. to them it's nothing to be proud of... or ashamed of... or even to be aware of... it just is.

Totally agree. To be honest I can't say that I've ever given it much thought, but as it's a natural occurrence in humans, I don't see how it could be any different in animals.

• 3 months later...