I'm Not From Earth!

Nephylim! I shall start something new soon, thank you for all the support, you're an amazing writer/friend : ).

Yes, there will be a sequel hh5 I believe, but that won't be up for awhile so sit tight! I gotta finish my other story first as encouraged by Rush!!

BENJI WHY ARE YOU MAD?? I know I've been a bad boy. Here you can spank me.

I'm sad that Rover didn't go. I didn't make it to the vote although mine would have been a definite "GO!!" as well.

I'm still not sure there is any reason to stay: I am not fully resonating with Rover's expressed need to save his father as ringing true, and Somerset, who is the only other reason he seems to have to stay, is hopelessly straight (so far as we know). Nevertheless, I have to agree with Nephylim's "

I'm sad that Rover didn't go. I didn't make it to the vote although mine would have been a definite "GO!!" as well.

I'm still not sure there is any reason to stay: I am not fully resonating with Rover's expressed need to save his father as ringing true, and Somerset, who is the only other reason he seems to have to stay, is hopelessly straight (so far as we know). Nevertheless, I have to agree with Nephylim's "

Weird how no one has voted for Rover not to go >: D!!

Rover's expressed need wasn't exactly to just save his father and have a beautiful father to son reunion, but rather to settle the dispute that has been going on between them as it is his obligation to do so [and it wouldn't haunt him forever]. In a way things are still rather unresolved, but Rover has found his courage. Exactly what I was thinking, the other reason was that they only met for like a week.

Somerset is a good enough reason to stay yeahhhh :P!? He is almost hot enough.

B).................I hope you planned a sequel, too much left unresolved! As for Rover not going with Slade because Rover felt the need to settle the dispute with his raging maniac father :blink: ....whom last we saw was trying to kill him! I have no idea what is left to resolve there! Does Rover think he can waltz in to his home and settle things? One thing I noticed in the closing scene 'Each step he took was followed by the other faster, the thumps of shoe against metal lighter, his heart and body becoming more and more weightless until Rover was sure that he, too, was flying.' Did Rover inherit some of Slade's powers? If so, he may be on more of an even keel when confronting his father. Anyways, this certainly requires a sequel!

I was thinking more along the lines of jab, left hook, uppercut, police station and THEN have that touching son to father settlement: "I love you, I'm sorry, gimme a hug..."

The final scene I meant it as in Rover is rather weightless because he's happy, but whether he has inherited Slade's powers...

La la la, blahblah, tik tok, I can't say anything, I haven't said anything, : D.

I wish I could say I'm not from earth. It be easier to leave than to stay.

Gosh I wonder in "my favorite martian" - did uncle martin leave for mars.

Funny you should question about that, I was thinking back on that the other day...IIRC, he got his spaceship operational again and did take off, long enough to make his report, and came back down--turns out he was 'permanently' assigned to a 'long term study' of the human lifeform.

Funny you should question about that, I was thinking back on that the other day...IIRC, he got his spaceship operational again and did take off, long enough to make his report, and came back down--turns out he was 'permanently' assigned to a 'long term study' of the human lifeform.

Thanks KJames

Now could we ever wish Slade get sent back to earth for the same assignment

Would Rover be woof woof woof??

Nephylim! I shall start something new soon, thank you for all the support, you're an amazing writer/friend : ).

Awww you said friend... wub.gif see my blush and giggle. I love having friends wub.gifwub.gif but I am usually too ... erm something... to beleive that anyone wants me as a friend. It's soooo nice when someone says that :)wub.gifwub.gif

Hrmmm I douno guys, I HAVE thought about that, but I dismissed that plan a long time ago. If Slade decides to return to earth, it will probably be for an entirely different reason. But Rover would be Woof woof woof nonetheless!! ... And "mount me?" LOL.

Lol Nephylim, what do you mean by you're too "erm something"? And what are you talking about, I'm sure lots of people want you as their friend.

Hrmmm I douno guys, I HAVE thought about that, but I dismissed that plan a long time ago. If Slade decides to return to earth, it will probably be for an entirely different reason. But Rover would be Woof woof woof nonetheless!! ... And "mount me?" LOL.

Lol Nephylim, what do you mean by you're too "erm something"? And what are you talking about, I'm sure lots of people want you as their friend.

Sniff Sniff!!! Hey I like that!!! You took the humor right of my paws!!! Mount me!!!

• 11 months later...

Thank you for a really well written fantasy and mystery combination story. It could have been applied to a gay or straight format, but I loved the ending scenes involving the two boys and their honest responses to the love and caring they demonstrated for one another. I enjoyed you work! Thank you again. Ricky.

• Like 1

Thank you for a really well written fantasy and mystery combination story. It could have been applied to a gay or straight format, but I loved the ending scenes involving the two boys and their honest responses to the love and caring they demonstrated for one another. I enjoyed you work! Thank you again. Ricky.

Hi Ricky_writer. IS THIS YOUR FIRST POST LOL? Welcome, and I'm honoured, haha.

I guess you're right about my story also being able to be straight themed too, since it was basically a tale of friendship (but Rover is really flamingly gay so...). Glad you enjoyed the ending scenes -- they were my motivation to complete the rest of the story (I didn't write it in chronological order).

Thanks for reading and taking the time to let me know what you think : )!

You know that I adored this story and I hope that you've kept the reviews. It's a stinker that they all got lost and people can't read them any more. If only there were more hours in the day I would go back and review every chapter. As it is I will have to content myself with saying again how much I like it. It has more twists than a helter skelter and the characters are so believable because they have faults and half the time are floundering in the dark like the rest of us. I particularly like Slade. You know I've always been half in love with him :) I hope that we get to see some more writing soon.

• Like 1

FW,

I ran across a post you left on a thread I started elsewhere, and just for fun I followed your links to the story. Like everyone else here I loved it, and like some I was disappointed at the end... until I thought about it for awhile. Allow me to express my complements, and offer my personal interpretation about Rover's reasoning for staying behind. Good art leaves room for interpretation, and this was good art in my opinion.

Rover made several references to his feeling that the situation with his father was somehow his fault, and he spent much energy during his life trying to 'fix it'. I'm assuming you took this direction in the story because this is a typical psychological reaction to physical/mental abuse. Am I correct then in thinking that Rover is suffering with the same complex at the end of the story? It seems he is headed for a very difficult period in the near future.

The truth as I saw it here is the Rover, despite his feelings, is in no way responsible for his father's abuse. Rover cannot actually do anything to 'fix' his father. The ONLY one Rover can ultimately fix, is himself (though he may need professional help there). No matter what direction his father takes in the end (trying to dominate or kill Rover; changing and trying to mend his relationship with Rover; etc.), Rover has no control over these outcomes. In the end, he can only be available and supportive, once his father is ready and willing to change himself.

Sett said the right thing, but does either he or Rover realize that "If you run away, you'll never fix it." means to 'fix Rover'? It seems to me that unless Rover can come to terms with his own issues/guilt over the relationship with his father, there is no way he can help his father if/when the opportunity arises.

I wouldn't presume to tell you what to write, I just wanted to say what I felt after reading the story. I only hope these thoughts help bring new ideas to the storyline. There is obviously a great deal of depth to what you have already written, I look forward to reading more of the story.

Edited by bigbear427
  • Like 1

You know that I adored this story and I hope that you've kept the reviews. It's a stinker that they all got lost and people can't read them any more. If only there were more hours in the day I would go back and review every chapter. As it is I will have to content myself with saying again how much I like it. It has more twists than a helter skelter and the characters are so believable because they have faults and half the time are floundering in the dark like the rest of us. I particularly like Slade. You know I've always been half in love with him :) I hope that we get to see some more writing soon.

Heyy Nephy, of course I kept the reviews haha!! I made sure to save them before they were purged forever, and I uploaded them into a separate chapter. Thought it'd work better than to slap them in the discussion board (btw formatting took FOREVER). Anyways, yes, I know you like Slade. Didn't he remind you of a green eyed Angel? :P

Thanks again for all the support Nephy, it means a lot to me.

FW,

I ran across a post you left on a thread I started elsewhere, and just for fun I followed your links to the story. Like everyone else here I loved it, and like some I was disappointed at the end... until I thought about it for awhile. Allow me to express my complements, and offer my personal interpretation about Rover's reasoning for staying behind. Good art leaves room for interpretation, and this was good art in my opinion.

Rover made several references to his feeling that the situation with his father was somehow his fault, and he spent much energy during his life trying to 'fix it'. I'm assuming you took this direction in the story because this is a typical psychological reaction to physical/mental abuse. Am I correct then in thinking that Rover is suffering with the same complex at the end of the story? It seems he is headed for a very difficult period in the near future.

The truth as I saw it here is the Rover, despite his feelings, is in no way responsible for his father's abuse. Rover cannot actually do anything to 'fix' his father. The ONLY one Rover can ultimately fix, is himself (though he may need professional help there). No matter what direction his father takes in the end (trying to dominate or kill Rover; changing and trying to mend his relationship with Rover; etc.), Rover has no control over these outcomes. In the end, he can only be available and supportive, once his father is ready and willing to change himself.

Sett said the right thing, but does either he or Rover realize that "If you run away, you'll never fix it." means to 'fix Rover'? It seems to me that unless Rover can come to terms with his own issues/guilt over the relationship with his father, there is no way he can help his father if/when the opportunity arises.

I wouldn't presume to tell you what to write, I just wanted to say what I felt after reading the story. I only hope these thoughts help bring new ideas to the storyline. There is obviously a great deal of depth to what you have already written, I look forward to reading more of the story.

Hello! First of all, nice bear, second of all, hi, and third of all, was it that How To Be A Successful Evil Dude thread that we "met" haha?

I thought the story worked without an Epilogue but I guess there were some things that needed major clarification (the point you brought up is pretty major!). Rover isn't supppooosssed to be suffering from like post-traumatic insanity or whatever, as when I said he wanted to "fix" things, it was for him to end the disaster properly and to tie up any loose ends (like, making sure his father stays put and away from him).

As to the whole blaming himself thing, I meant it as in, things just kept getting worse because Rover never stood up for himself or ran for help. He just kept taking it and taking it, when he should have said "enough!" to his father a long time ago. HE'S NOT GOING TO RUN BACK TO HIS FATHER AND GIVE HIM A KISS LOL.

Oh dear. Did I make it sound like he was going to?

WELL. It is open for interpretation since I didn't write what happens after LOLOL so maybe they will continue their lovely master-bitchboy relationship.

Thanks for reading and for sharing your thoughts : D! They're super helpful.

B).............................Hmmm, saw thread and thought new sequel!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!! ............... and then <_<

LOL awww no, not yet. This thread was just temporarily resurrected from the dead, but I'll get to the sequel soon. Gotta work on my other story first though, but before that, I have to get indecently touched by school.