Hopes and Prayers for those in the path of Katrina

• Site Administrator

I just wanted to give my hopes and prayers to all of our members and their families and friends that are in the path of Hurricane Katrina.

If you can't escape, please make it through safely.

Myr

I want to offer my prayers (although im an atheist). I was in its path when it was just a Cat 1 and it hit us real hard, so far anyone that is in its path im asking you to try to get out of its way because now that it is a Cat 5 and will pack a bigger punch than it his south florida.

Please stay indoors when it hits, many stupid people got killed here b/c they went out and got killed

I just heard on the news that it is the 8th worse storm since they recorded weather..that's over a 100 plus years..so, to our friends in its path....be careful...

my thoughts, prayers, good karma and hopes for your safety go out to all of you......please be careful...and when its all done, let us know you are ok....

Michael

I'm 150 miles north of New Orleans.

The hurricane is expected to be on top of us here in Jackson by tomorrow afternoon at Cat 3 strength.

Katrina is some 400 miles wide affecting everything from Destin, FL to Innercoastal city, LA- and of course ALL of Mississippi's gulf coast.

The whole state is shut down. No school or work until at least Tuesday, probably longer.

This may be the worst hurricane ever to hit the US.

Here in Jackson as of about 2:00am local we're just beginning to see rain. Wind has been increasing steadily since 10pm.

The emergency management people have ordered that all mobile homes and wooden structures south of I-20 be evacuated by 10:00am latest. This is a brick house and we're riding it out.

There is the potential for utility disruptions so you may not hear from me for a while but don't worry. Hurricanes kick the crap out of us regulary and we know what to do.

-JS

Our thoughts and prayers lie with all those sited in the path of katrina.

After watching news broadcasts here in the UK I can only urge any of you faced with the huricaine to follow the procedures set out for your saftey. Please keep safe and let us know your safe when you can

Dave

There is the potential for utility disruptions so you may not hear from me for a while but don't worry. Hurricanes kick the crap out of us regulary and we know what to do.

-JS

FYI,

From a post at another forum, James is okay but without power, as he predicted. Thought you guys would want to know.

Kel

-JS

FYI,

From a post at another forum, James is okay but without power, as he predicted. Thought you guys would want to know.

Kel

Thanks for the update Kel. I'm glad to hear James is ok.

-JS

FYI,

Kel

Thanks for the update Kel. I'm glad to hear James is ok.

Kel..thanks for the update...glad to hear that James is well:)

It feels like we need another telethon for an American Tsunami....to all of our Southern friends...our hearts and thougts and good karma sent your way and hopes all are safe....

Michael

Holy Crap!

Holy Crap on a Crap Cracker!

If you are EVER 1000 miles from a cat 5 storm, RUN LIKE HELL.

It's awful. This storm was so powerful, it CHANGED the MAP.

It wasn't hard to clean up here. I had the downed trees in a neat pile by noon the next day but I only just got power back. Since we've been blacked out, we haven't seen the news or understood how big this is.

Kitty and James and to all our Members and friends who are suffering through this Holy Crap Mother Nature Gone Wild,

I can't imagine what you are going through...when we had Hurricane Floyd in 1999 here in New Jersey, I thought that was bad...but what all of you are experiencing is incomprehensible to me. Its painful and sad to watch on television...I was so worried that you both got swept out to sea...I am sooooo happy you are both alive...remember, homes and possessions can be replaced....you staying alive is what matters most...My heart goes out to you..your loved ones and friends...this appears to be the worst disaster I can ever remember and affects millions....it really is an American Tsunami....I can't believe that New Orleans is 80 per cent under water and will take months and years to recover..and the same is true for big parts of Mississippi, Louisania and Alabama (even a part of Florida got hit)

Just know we are here for you...let us know what we can do....my prayers, good thoughts and good karma go out to all of you....please be careful....stay put and this too shall pass....and we are with you and please, when you are up to it, keep us updated....

Just know we love you all and its going to be ok...it has to be....and I hope all your loved ones are ok....

Big Hugs and Lots of Love sent to each of you and we are with you..however we can help....

Michael

Edited by Rocketcnj

I posted this on deweywriter but I'm repeating it here incase some of you don't read those forums.

I know I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed by the scale of the disaster in the south eastern US. Coming so soon after the Tsunami tragedy it is a terrible reminder of our vulnerability. At times like this the only thing I can think to do to overcome the grief and feeling of impotence is to give. In the past I have fasted and asked sponsors to supplement the money I save on lunch as donations to disaster relief charities. Now I'm working I've decided instead to donate this weeks wage - my last week of work - to

http://www.directrelief.org/

I'm a bit shocked that I haven't been able to find any more specific charitable organisations offering relief to Katrina victims here in the UK but this organisations seems very sound.

My thoughts are with all our community members in the affected states, I hope you know the world is with you.

I know I'm not the only person here who is a fan of Brew Maxwell's Foley-Mashburn stories and when I saw the pictures of the devastation in New Orleans this morning I was immediately reminded of how he brought that beautiful city to life for all of us who have never had a chance to visit it. I hope that someday it returns to its former glory.

Peace and loving kindness,

sumbloke.

--------------------

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

M K Gandhi

Holy Crap!

Holy crap is right, James....Fortunately, Sunday night I left and went to a friend's house in Louisiana....I am very, very lucky to be alive.

Kitty

Yay! You're both alive! I'm so glad you took the better part of valor and fled. We were all worried about you two & missed you. I hope your houses & friends & jobs are ok too....but however they are, at least you're alive!