Why printers are sent from hell

• Site Administrator

yeah...pretty much getting bent over when it comes to ink cartridges. I had a friend who owned an ink refilling place, for half the money he would fill fax, copy, printer cartridges and still make a haul. Poor consumers, though I have been on ink strike for about 3 years, lol. I haven't had a printer in home in that long, surprisingly it is possible!

Ohh man I've been up to 3 in the morning and none, of like the 5 printers around my house worked. Man they are out to get us...

I am thinking they are the start of where technology turns against us, they are just printers for now but eventually they will seek world domination

I have been watching too much terminator

Eric, love your link.

Love Oatmeal James.

I liked Eric's link too.

Those of us that have been around a while know that printers are much nicer than they used to be. They all used to be dot-matrix and made in East Germany by drunken communists.

You want to print girly-man? BaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Working on them was like working on a clock or a typewriter...in boxing gloves.

If you think they are noisy now, they used to sound like heavy machine guns f**king.

And Yeah- Oatmeal is awesome. :2thumbs:

When i was younger, I had a dot-matrix printer... and it did sound like a machinegun or something out of terminator....

I was waiting one day for it to get done and say:

<Terminator Style Speaking>

"I'll be back."

</Terminator Style Speaking>

Yeah, they used to be very noisy. I put my first one on a thick felt pad but it still woke everyone. in Australia they practically give them away, making their money on the ink. I bought a new Canon recently complete with two cartridges for less than just the replacement cartridges for the old one.

crazy. I cant get rid of mine -- I've forgotten how to write by hand!

Boy, have I been there and done that.

My printers of choice had always been the HP brand -- loved my HP970 cxi -- hated the cost of ink.

Better than a year ago I needed to replace it and looked elsewhere ending up with a Brothers MFC 440CN - one of the "do every thing" type printers.

Major difference!! Instead of replacing cartridges every 2 months at $50 to 60 bucks ----- I am now buying 3 pack of cartridges and paying $10 bucks per pack and they are lasting 4 to 6 months per pack!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's B R O T H E R S and it's much better printer too. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Edited by Eddy

We're using laser printers in the office, but our photobooth uses inkjets...each cartridge is $71.99 for a pair of tri-color (cyan/magenta/yellow), so each is $30.99 (I know, rounding)...and a pair of black is $64.99...