Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

MIllennium

It's an interesting cross-roads to get to. Brad and Robbie have been together "officially" since 1985. They got settled into an insta-family with Jeanine, Darius, JJ, and Will in 1986, by the time when they were just 23. Now it's fourteen years later....they're seeing one child going through his senior year of high school, which has to make them feel old. They're seeing the other two hitting their teenage years, and are probably going through what every parent goes through when they realize that their babies have been replaced by young adolescents. Now that the kids don't need them as much and they're beginning to edge towards an empty nest, it's time for them to start rediscovering what each one is like outside of their family. It makes a lot of sense that they're at this point- the kids are growing up, the 90's business boom is just about ending, and they got settled down when they were so young.

I do agree with the person upthread that Brad's kids would never forgive him, or take a long time to do it, if Brad wound up sleeping with Matt, who is for all intents and purposes their older brother.

Yes, I'm also pleased that Brad is back in the saddle on this one. :great:

I agree with all the posters above who have given the thumbs down sign :thumbdown: on Brad and Matt getting together. Yes, it would be hot...but not a great idea. Of course, mark gave the best reason....Sharon. :P

Besides, Mark's never been at a loss in finding viable match-ups. B)0:)

Hooked from the get-go....again. :read: Mind you, I seem more interested in Brad's business challenges than Robbie's mid-life escapades.

We need a volunteer to go back and review the relevant stories to see who the mystery financier is - the one stalking Brad now. I appreciate it may not be someone we've met already...but you never know. I'm too lazy to volunteer. :P:ph34r:

I do agree with the person upthread that Brad's kids would never forgive him, or take a long time to do it, if Brad wound up sleeping with Matt, who is for all intents and purposes their older brother.

The fact that it would cause so much drama makes it even more enticing. It's supposed to be a soap opera, which is exactly why it should happen.
  • Like 1

Wow! Lark does sound like a good candidate. He's definitely a piece of work. However, wouldn't he be more likely to go after Marcel?

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

Well...it looks like the relationship finally got stale, what with raising 3 kids with a lesbian, working 9-5, M-F, for both Brad and Robbie. Especially as evidenced by the opening, both getting out of the shower after their usual 'morning recreation' which, over the last 20 years, hasn't changed much, Mark, hm?

Now, to relate to your survey on the other thread, no, I don't think Robbie should be 'fooling around' with his biological son, period--it just isn't right, despite the fact that Matt & JP fooled around at the 4th of July Festival in Claremont back when he was headed out to CA. I think it's time for Robbie & Brad to get a vacation--just to themselves--so they can unwind, relax, and restore their relationsip with each other. Brad doesn't love Robbie just when his movie picks are successes, it's all the time! Robbie is losing track of what that relationship means to both of them, and has always been insecure about this type of issue.

Amphion...hmm...we were, at last thought, thinking that Brian was perhaps the cause of their continued upswing in the financial backing arena--but it might not be--what if it's their former friend down in Mexico providing the cash and using Cary, and Amphion, as a front? Now, in finishing the thread and seeing that some people are suspecting Lark to be behind the 'financial' trouble, it's a possibility...another, possibly remote, could be Professor Whist's little drama queen admirer who was ousted from the running during the GSA election--or drama queen's current lover--or even Prof. Whist's current lover. One can always wonder...

Edited by KJames
  • Like 1

Well I have to say that I am shocked that it was Robbie's idea. I was half-expecting Brad to do so. But that observation was based on Robbie's insecurities in Brad's faithfulness.

What bothered me was this line in Ch. 16 in Bloodlines where we have Matt's POV.

"Last time I saw Brad he was down by the pool with a bunch of guys," I said. "Let's go find him." "Probably skinny dipping with the whole team," he said, almost in a sulky way. It was actually disturbing to see him nervous, clearly worrying that Brad would remain faithful.

"Don't worry. Brad's been behaving himself," I said.

"I trust him, but sometimes if he gets really drunk his body overrules his mind," he said.

And then go to Millennium, ch. 1

"We've met before," he said. "At the tech conference last year." I wracked my memory, trying to remember him, or trying to remember if I was so drunk I'd done something with him I shouldn't have. Nothing resonated.

Which makes me wonder if Brad is really all that faithful in the first place.

Of course, alcohol CAN make people do stupid things. I even made out with a girl once because I was drunk! :P

• Like 1

Well I have to say that I am shocked that it was Robbie's idea. I was half-expecting Brad to do so. But that observation was based on Robbie's insecurities in Brad's faithfulness.

What bothered me was this line in Ch. 16 in Bloodlines where we have Matt's POV.

And then go to Millennium, ch. 1

Which makes me wonder if Brad is really all that faithful in the first place.

Of course, alcohol CAN make people do stupid things. I even made out with a girl once because I was drunk! :P

I am no stranger to alcohol or it's effects. But I have NEVER been that drunk. Just ask my wife. :blink:

• Like 1

A great first chapter Mark. And what a shocker. Could that have been what was bothering him during the reading of the box? Did he just fall out of love?

Tragedy! He was blind sided. Stefan never say this one coming. But now he must ask it. Is he involved with someone else and feeding them information as pillow talk? A youngster perhaps.

I hate infidelity.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm also pleased that Brad is back in the saddle on this one. :great:

I agree with all the posters above who have given the thumbs down sign :thumbdown: on Brad and Matt getting together. Yes, it would be hot...but not a great idea. Of course, mark gave the best reason....Sharon. :P

Besides, Mark's never been at a loss in finding viable match-ups. B)0:)

Hooked from the get-go....again. :read: Mind you, I seem more interested in Brad's business challenges than Robbie's mid-life escapades.

We need a volunteer to go back and review the relevant stories to see who the mystery financier is - the one stalking Brad now. I appreciate it may not be someone we've met already...but you never know. I'm too lazy to volunteer. :P:ph34r:

Lots of great posts! I picked this one to welcome Conner back from wherever the f**k he's been hiding. Posted Image

Second chapter goes up Thursdayish. That's when we get Brad's calm, even, level-headed reaction to Robbie's request.Posted Image

Fictional Story, I thought these guya were real. The Hayes family was not a good track record. Remember Robbie's reaction when Matt was sick. Brad is a much stronger person than Robbie. Remember way baxk in high school Robbie went out with others to make Brad jealous. It made Brad mad. I am hoping Robbie will understand what he has in Brad. We all know Brad is the best. One thing I know Brad is a survivor. I am not sure if Robbie is.

• Like 1

Tentative posting schedule (note, all times are estimates. Don't get pissed if we're off by a day or so):

Chapter 2: Sometime within the next 24 hours

Chapter 3: Saturday

Chapter 4: Tuesday

Chapter 5: Next Thursday

Tentative posting schedule (note, all times are estimates. Don't get pissed if we're off by a day or so):

Chapter 2: Sometime within the next 24 hours

Chapter 3: Saturday

Chapter 4: Tuesday

Chapter 5: Next Thursday

That's really pumping them out. Not that they won't be welcome. But will it affect the HMS schedule?

That's really pumping them out. Not that they won't be welcome. But will it affect the HMS schedule?

It shouldn't. Mark's kinda hit a new creative run with this story...not having to do as much research for this story as Mark had to do for the Box really allows Mark to just run wild.

You know, if Robbie wanted a 3-way, he should of just asked :P

That is not exactly a new idea for them anyways. It was Brad's idea to have a 3-way with Jeanine in the first place :D

And what is with Brad bringing up ancient history like that? Sounds like it's Brad that needs David's services with all that repressed anger :s

For whatever reason, 1980-1981 and 1985-1986 were really significant periods in Brad's life, so it makes sense that he's still somewhat hung up on what happened.

I do agree it's bull that Robbie is out of touch with youth. He has four teenaged sons. Come on.

You know, if Robbie wanted a 3-way, he should of just asked :P

That is not exactly a new idea for them anyways. It was Brad's idea to have a 3-way with Jeanine in the first place :D

And what is with Brad bringing up ancient history like that? Sounds like it's Brad that needs David's services with all that repressed anger :s

Well, they never had, to the best of our knowledge, the three way with Jeanine. I loved your last couple of sentences. You've been lucky in relationships if you've never had a partner who remembers f**king everything.

For whatever reason, 1980-1981 and 1985-1986 were really significant periods in Brad's life, so it makes sense that he's still somewhat hung up on what happened.

I do agree it's bull that Robbie is out of touch with youth. He has four teenaged sons. Come on.

Yes and no. He's only going to be in touch with the youth culture if he's in touch with the youth, meaning his sons. If he doesn't really do much with them, then there wouldn't be much of an impact on him, I should think.

Well, when I was a teen, I thought my dad was out of touch... Just because you have teens in the house does not mean you know what is going on in their mnds.

That's very true. There are always big differences between generations. It's an undeniable fact of life. I am in the same generation as the teens in this story as I graduated high school in 2001. I had it a little worse than they did. I was one who had parents even older as my parents were damn near 50 by then as they were born in the early 50's, thus making the divide even bigger.

Okay, now for my thoughts on the chapter. Open relationships are a double-edged sword. Many people are quick to dismiss them as hedonistic debauchery. I don't agree with those sentiments in the least. Sometimes it really can make a relationship stronger. To deny this means to be out of touch with reality in my opinion. Some people are not wired for monogamy. That doesn't make them bad people. That is just how some people are. However, the downside is that there's a risk of one of the partners falling for someone else.

In closing, I thought when I read Chapter 1 that what Robbie wanted was an actual separation, and my reaction was that he was being an ass. Now that I understand what he meant, I can actually see where he's coming from. He wants to regain his youth, and he wants to have new experiences. And as reluctant as he is, Brad wants to expand his horizons as well.

Edited by Tiger

Robbie wants his reputation back, along with the status/limelight that goes with being a much sought after movie producer. That's ok. He just doesn't know how to get there, or get back there. You can get in touch with young adults without having sex with them. :blink:

It does make for a sexy story though. :2thumbs: I'm looking forward to the next "month". 0:)

It does make for a sexy story though. :2thumbs: I'm looking forward to the next "month". 0:)

Don't hold your breath. November 1999 lasts even longer in this story than July 1999 lasted for the Box. At this rate JJ won't see his 14th birthday on December 7th until the cows come home. :D Tiger, I really think Mark took your comment about how we're running out of years to heart, as 1999 has now stretched over three stories. If Mark does the same thing for 2000 and 2001, I don't think CAP world will see 2005 until our world is in about 2015 or so.... :P

There are always big differences between generations. It's an undeniable fact of life. I am in the same generation as the teens in this story as I graduated high school in 2001. I had it a little worse than they did. I was one who had parents even older as my parents were damn near 50 by then as they were born in the early 50's, thus making the divide even bigger.

True. I feel like the big differences between Brad's generation and Will's generation is that Will's generation grew up with the Internet and hip-hop as the mainstream in their lives, while Brad grew up at a time where "preppy" (and not just AF-preppy, but honest-to-god preppy) was in, and hip-hop was some fringe deal and computers were not home-based. It'll be interesting for Mark to explore this when it comes time for Will's turn. Anyways, neato, you're a year younger than Darius. I hope Mark's been good at capturing your peer group with Darius.

And you think have parents born in the early 50's was bad? My mom was 39 when she had me, and was born in the mid-40's. It's been interesting having older parents, I'll tell you. She doesn't get the hip-hop thing at ALL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..