Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

MIllennium

I can't really see how the boys can play any real central role in the story- they make sense as background characters. Darius is 17, straight, and more concerned with partying and picking a decent college than the goings-on with Amphion. And JJ and Will are 13 years old. Too young to be in the middle of the action just yet. They serve as minor characters that show what kind of fathers Robbie and Brad are- Robbie seems a bit distant, Brad seems more involved, but neither seem THAT involved with their kids. Which seems about right for affluent parents of teenagers- the kids get spoiled because the parents feel guilty that they just don't have time to spend with them so they make up for it with material stuff.

And in any event, teenagers generally aren't that involved with their parent's lives, either. By their age, most kids are just doing their own thing.

Edited by methodwriter85

Lol @ Jeremy. So much for your prediction a couple of stories ago of Robbie being a helicopter parent. He's too busy whisking off twinks to far away places so he can f**k their brains out. :P

But yeah, this story isn't really about them. Rich people are usually too wrapped up in themselves to do much parenting. That's what private schools and nannies are for.

Edited by Tiger

I can't really see how the boys can play any real central role in the story- they make sense as background characters. Darius is 17, straight, and more concerned with partying and picking a decent college than the goings-on with Amphion. And JJ and Will are 13 years old. Too young to be in the middle of the action just yet. They serve as minor characters that show what kind of fathers Robbie and Brad are- Robbie seems a bit distant, Brad seems more involved, but neither seem THAT involved with their kids. Which seems about right for affluent parents of teenagers- the kids get spoiled because the parents feel guilty that they just don't have time to spend with them so they make up for it with material stuff.

And in any event, teenagers generally aren't that involved with their parent's lives, either. By their age, most kids are just doing their own thing.

Strap them all to the caronades! :2hands: I'll get the cane! That'l make'r interesting! :2thumbs:

Oh, Sorry. Wrong story. :blink:

What about Jeanine? Of the 3 of them she would be the most involved, especially she didn't grow up (I think) in the same affluent lifestyle that Brad did. I wonder how the rents coddling will affect the boys? We all know how JP and Isidore's parenting kept Billy being self-absorbed, Ace with anger-management issues, and Brad with God knows how many issues. Claire seems to have come out the most stable, but that may be due to her pregnancy and abortion affecting her for the better.

Edited by Caedus
  • Like 2

Well I'm sorry that Amphion isn't a bigger portion of the story.

I can see the realism and complexities that this has brought to a once seemingly loving relationship. They've already thrown the baby out with the bath water as far as I am concerned. And it can only go down from here if it is to maintain any realism at all. The trust is completely gone and the back biting has begun.

This I could see next door or on TV. I think I am close to skimming for the culprit in the Amphion mess. Sorry mark, not your abilities, just not the right direction for the story for me. Were it not for the Amphion mystery I would be down to one story already. Even the sex has become distasteful because the motivation is soured. It is no longer entertainment. I'm close to not even caring about the Amphion mess.

I'm sure I am alone in my thought on infidelity and this story line however and you can't please everyone right? So no hard feelings.

Perhaps the next adventure will spark my interests again.

Hugs

I'm sorry you feel that way, but as Tiger noted, the story's not over yet. You've got a more narrowly defined view of infidelity than I do, and that gives us completely different perspective on that aspect of the story.

Mark, when are you going to introduce Brad's children into the storyline? They do sound like a great bunch of boys... hmmm

You're right Jeremy. They're peripheral at this point.

Lol @ Jeremy. So much for your prediction a couple of stories ago of Robbie being a helicopter parent. He's too busy whisking off twinks to far away places so he can f**k their brains out. :P

But yeah, this story isn't really about them. Rich people are usually too wrapped up in themselves to do much parenting. That's what private schools and nannies are for.

I'm not sure it's fair to stereotype all rich people that way, but in this case, it's a valid point.

What about Jeanine? Of the 3 of them she would be the most involved, especially she didn't grow up (I think) in the same affluent lifestyle that Brad did. I wonder how the rents coddling will affect the boys? We all know how JP and Isidore's parenting kept Billy being self-absorbed, Ace with anger-management issues, and Brad with God knows how many issues. Claire seems to have come out the most stable, but that may be due to her pregnancy and abortion affecting her for the better.

If I were to offer an objective opinion, I think it has more to do with having a stable relationship.

I don't know... Gay, Str8, Bi... Too many labels. Ace is str8 and yet according to Brad, he had no issues with messing around with his brother... :wacko:

And an earlier post Mark said we will all find out if Brad and Matt hook-up in chapter 22 or 23. That's a long ways from where we are at now so Robbie/Brad might be that helicopter parent. Or was that a mistake on Mark's part adding that second 2?

Well Brad is taking Will to Hawaii shortly in a jet. Does that count as a helicopter parent?

Edited by mmike1969

*shrugs* I can always admit I'm wrong. So I'm wrong. I forgot that these are rich peoeple, not the middle-class. The helicopter parent is more of a middle/upper-middle class phenomenon.

The kids turn will have to wait. With 9/11, the Iraq War, JJ and Will being of voting age in 2004, Hurricane Katrina, the '06 Winter Olympics, the Virginia Tech Massacre...there's plenty of stuff for Mark to explore with the kids when its their turn.

I do think Robbie, Brad, and Jeanine are better parents than JP, Sam, and Isidore were. The three brothers seem much closer and more stable than Ace, Brad, and Billie were.

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm not sure it's fair to stereotype all rich people that way, but in this case, it's a valid point.

That's true, though I do think it's less likely to happen with "new money" as opposed to "old money". The ones in this story are "old money".

*shrugs* I can always admit I'm wrong. So I'm wrong. I forgot that these are rich peoeple, not the middle-class. The helicopter parent is more of a middle/upper-middle class phenomenon.

9/11 may change things, but there's no way to know for sure. From the way things are looking, Robbie might not even have as much to do with them at that point. Brad seems to be pulling away from him completely. In a way, I'm kind of hoping he finds someone new. To me, their relationship has jumped the shark. There's no spark at all. They just f**k.

Edited by Tiger

9/11 may change things, but there's no way to know for sure. From the way things are looking, Robbie might not even have as much to do with them at that point. Brad seems to be pulling away from him completely. In a way, I'm kind of hoping he finds someone new. To me, their relationship has jumped the shark. There's no spark at all. They just f**k.

I do think it would be interesting if both Robbie and Brad re-evaluate their parenting styles. Robbie seems somewhat distant, while Brad clearly favors Will over the other two because Will is most like him.

I do think it would be interesting if both Robbie and Brad re-evaluate their parenting styles. Robbie seems somewhat distant, while Brad clearly favors Will over the other two because Will is most like him.

There's always room for improvement with parenting skills. We'll have to see what happens.

one word "Saweeeeet!!!!!!!!"

Seriously love this so far. and its getting better!

How rich is brad though?????

and if we "sized" brad up how big is he? hahahha or is he cut or uncut.....i just duno anymore....so long ago were we introduced to his....bigness ><

Two Carmichaels in one chapter? I always wondered why Brad never tried to find out more about his biological family. This storys getting even more interesting with potential plotlines. Kevin possibly being related to the nutcase Reverend of Calgary is one thing, but him also possibly being related to Brad and getting screwed by him regularly would bring this story's drama to another level.

Could you imagine what the reactions would be if Brad was screwing his nephew/cousin?

• Like 1

Brad has no problem with sleeping with his cousins...

Or his own 'brother' apparently :wacko:

Anyways, for those just reading the later chapters and not all of CAP, Brad's biological father's name is Kevin Carmichael (As told to us in CAP story 1968)...

Edited by mmike1969

How is Brad his cousin?

They are not biologically... But Brad does considers himself to be Robbie's cousin (Be Rad).

I am just waiting for Isidore to divorce JP (not likely) so she could marry Frank... Now it would brothers (Brad and Robbie) sleeping with each other. :blink::wacko:

But I do wonder why it does not bother Robbie that his father had sex with Brad's 'father' and currently sleeping with his 'mother'... I am confusing myself and I need a bigger family tree chart with the Cramptons/ Schluter/Hayes all mixing it up as it were.

Edited by mmike1969

Brad's biological father was named Carmichael, so the incest Jeremy has in mind is likely because Kevin is going to end up being Will's nephew and Brad's grandfather somehow. :lmao:

Clearly you're all building up to the ending, which is a massive family orgy. Maybe I'll reincarnate Tonto for the event.Posted Image

Re ch 9:

Well, I can think of one reason as to why Robbie can't just fire Carson... Carson could sue Anders-Hayes for sexual harassment and would probably win.

And while we are at it, WTF is Robbie sleeping with an employee??? There is not a single Good HR person in this space/time continum that would of allowed that to happen in the first place.

I gotta say: these rich people have a distorted view of what is cheap. Porsche Boxster were NOT cheap...Cheaper then a Ferarri yes... Cheap where working people could afford one? Please.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..