Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

MIllennium

And you think have parents born in the early 50's was bad? My mom was 39 when she had me, and was born in the mid-40's. It's been interesting having older parents, I'll tell you. She doesn't get the hip-hop thing at ALL.

My parents hate hip hop and most rock. The latter isn't universally hated by that generation, but hip hop definitely is. I have aunts and uncles who were born in the 40's (Mom was the 6th or 9 children), so I can see where you're coming from.

Just to weigh in a different opinion on the older parents thing. My mom was 40 (born in '49) when she had me and just tonight she chided my brother's girlfriend for being "close-minded" about rap. She, uh, definitely gets the hip hop thing. lol

Just to weigh in a different opinion on the older parents thing. My mom was 40 (born in '49) when she had me and just tonight she chided my brother's girlfriend for being "close-minded" about rap. She, uh, definitely gets the hip hop thing. lol

It's good to know that not all are a total drag. Personally for me it depends on the era. Most of the newer hip hop isn't all that good in my opinion. :P

That's very true. There are always big differences between generations. It's an undeniable fact of life. I am in the same generation as the teens in this story as I graduated high school in 2001. I had it a little worse than they did. I was one who had parents even older as my parents were damn near 50 by then as they were born in the early 50's, thus making the divide even bigger.

Okay, now for my thoughts on the chapter. Open relationships are a double-edged sword. Many people are quick to dismiss them as hedonistic debauchery. I don't agree with those sentiments in the least. Sometimes it really can make a relationship stronger. To deny this means to be out of touch with reality in my opinion. Some people are not wired for monogamy. That doesn't make them bad people. That is just how some people are. However, the downside is that there's a risk of one of the partners falling for someone else.

In closing, I thought when I read Chapter 1 that what Robbie wanted was an actual separation, and my reaction was that he was being an ass. Now that I understand what he meant, I can actually see where he's coming from. He wants to regain his youth, and he wants to have new experiences. And as reluctant as he is, Brad wants to expand his horizons as well.

Robbie wants his reputation back, along with the status/limelight that goes with being a much sought after movie producer. That's ok. He just doesn't know how to get there, or get back there. You can get in touch with young adults without having sex with them. :blink:

It does make for a sexy story though. :2thumbs: I'm looking forward to the next "month". 0:)

Thanks guys. You got exactly what I was trying to get across. Of course, we find out it's all wrong, but I'm thrilled you're tracking with me.

After reading chapter 2 and 3, I can see that Brad is very hurt. He is mad. Robbie opened this door and I think he will regret it. Robbie may have been looking for his lost youth but Brad was a faithful partner. Brad may have thought about these guys but never done anything. Brad is a lot stronger and has Stef and JP. He is also the heir, the crown prince. Robbie is much more unstable. The Hayes family does not have a good track record.

Who is out to get the Family? I think the informant is Stef's assistant ( not the first time). I also think Lark could be the head. Lark works in the market and could be using funds from accounts in his care. Using the raising tech market to cover his tracks. If the market goes down he will lose everything and be found out.

After reading chapter 2 and 3, I can see that Brad is very hurt. He is mad. Robbie opened this door and I think he will regret it. Robbie may have been looking for his lost youth but Brad was a faithful partner. Brad may have thought about these guys but never done anything. Brad is a lot stronger and has Stef and JP. He is also the heir, the crown prince. Robbie is much more unstable. The Hayes family does not have a good track record.

Who is out to get the Family? I think the informant is Stef's assistant ( not the first time). I also think Lark could be the head. Lark works in the market and could be using funds from accounts in his care. Using the raising tech market to cover his tracks. If the market goes down he will lose everything and be found out.

An interesting theory.Posted Image

No way is Brad becoming a bottom! :angry:

What will happen to all my Brad fantasies? 0:)

It sucks that he's hurting so bad. All he wants to do now is hurt back. He's feeling betrayed on two fronts - with Robbie and with his business. I wouldn't want to get in his way right now. I feel some heavy bitch slapping coming on. :P

I'm all caught up! It took me a week to read through the entire CAP Series, though its well worth it.

Millennium is going to be a very pivotal book in the CAP Series for many characters. It's nice to back in Brad's head after Be Rad and Man in Motion, he is probably my favorite character to act as narrator. It sucks whats happening right now in his relationship with Robbie, but at the same time it's going to be great because He's so hurt and pissed off he's going to act like a slut again. I wonder who he pissed off in HS that would still gun for him now? After all this time Robbie still carries all his little insecurities, which has blown up thanks to his declining reputation, leading to his little mid-life crisis. He handled it poorly, so now that those two may revert to their

HS selves, trying to hurt each other by sleeping with other men. Besides the potential Matt/Brad Wade/Brad Matt and Wade/Brad, I wonder if we'll be surprised by other couplings on future chapters. The Box threw me for a tailspin so I can't wait for whats next. Posted Image

• Like 1

No way is Brad becoming a bottom! :angry:

What will happen to all my Brad fantasies? 0:)

It sucks that he's hurting so bad. All he wants to do now is hurt back. He's feeling betrayed on two fronts - with Robbie and with his business. I wouldn't want to get in his way right now. I feel some heavy bitch slapping coming on. :P

How is it you can channel Brad so well? And isn't it a good idea for every top to bottom once in a while?

I'm all caught up! It took me a week to read through the entire CAP Series, though its well worth it.

Millennium is going to be a very pivotal book in the CAP Series for many characters. It's nice to back in Brad's head after Be Rad and Man in Motion, he is probably my favorite character to act as narrator. It sucks whats happening right now in his relationship with Robbie, but at the same time it's going to be great because He's so hurt and pissed off he's going to act like a slut again. I wonder who he pissed off in HS that would still gun for him now? After all this time Robbie still carries all his little insecurities, which has blown up thanks to his declining reputation, leading to his little mid-life crisis. He handled it poorly, so now that those two may revert to their

HS selves, trying to hurt each other by sleeping with other men. Besides the potential Matt/Brad Wade/Brad Matt and Wade/Brad, I wonder if we'll be surprised by other couplings on future chapters. The Box threw me for a tailspin so I can't wait for whats next. Posted Image

Don't we all.

i'm glad brad was chosen after "the box". It's a well deserving refreasher, although i'm begining to hate the rich lifestyle because people like stef who will never be poor again run the show, and they just give give give and give financialy! like ok he's a billionair but still.....i'm missing the fact that there was once a time where a weekend in hawai was even possible (IE: when brad was a kid he never ventured too far).

To comment on the brad robbie relationship mid-life-crisis..........uhm.......well it's not cool. Everyone has the dream of one soul mate, and for that to be shattered once....ugh Brad will never trust robbie again. How can he? God damn i'm just outraged. Highschool really has changed Brads........outlook, i can see the writing style is more mature which.....i guess i hate it. i can't relate to a 37 year old, but College Kids! or Highschool kids i can cuz that's where i am at in life. So this story will be interesting, but from what i'm thinking is that i need to re-read stuff.

P.S BWS syndrom is definatly at an all time high with three chapters of this story and none of it :( i am sad.

Good Work Mark on the last few months of writing, it's sometimes really not noticed how we pretty much destroyed the box....untill the end. or at least i did, it's probably my least favourite. (sorry). but i'm still glad u get up and keep writing no matter what!! So Good job!

I don't know. I think Brad is very youthful in the same way that Mark Arbour is, and I don't think of him as some boring middle-aged grown-up.

That said, I am looking forward to when Mark switches to the POV of the next generation with JJ and Will because I do think he's really good at writing adolescent angst.

i'm glad brad was chosen after "the box". It's a well deserving refreasher, although i'm begining to hate the rich lifestyle because people like stef who will never be poor again run the show, and they just give give give and give financialy! like ok he's a billionair but still.....i'm missing the fact that there was once a time where a weekend in hawai was even possible (IE: when brad was a kid he never ventured too far).

To comment on the brad robbie relationship mid-life-crisis..........uhm.......well it's not cool. Everyone has the dream of one soul mate, and for that to be shattered once....ugh Brad will never trust robbie again. How can he? God damn i'm just outraged. Highschool really has changed Brads........outlook, i can see the writing style is more mature which.....i guess i hate it. i can't relate to a 37 year old, but College Kids! or Highschool kids i can cuz that's where i am at in life. So this story will be interesting, but from what i'm thinking is that i need to re-read stuff.

P.S BWS syndrom is definatly at an all time high with three chapters of this story and none of it :( i am sad.

Good Work Mark on the last few months of writing, it's sometimes really not noticed how we pretty much destroyed the box....untill the end. or at least i did, it's probably my least favourite. (sorry). but i'm still glad u get up and keep writing no matter what!! So Good job!

I have to agree with this post on so many points / levels. while I don't "hate" the rich lifestyle, it is one that is all too easy - if there's a problem you deal with it. Without money, if you have a problem its "what can we afford to do about it".

the "mid-life crisis" seems more like an outburst of immaturity (which, I suppose is the definition of mid life crisis) and I agree with Mark M (he is Canadian and by definition Canadians are agreeable - after living with one for 10+ years I should know!). By a person's mid-30's if they can't discuss with a lover what's buggin' them except by announcing "the age of free-love has dawned", they have serious issues and are not relationship material. If my partner announced anything similar, I can guarantee, that as much as I love him and continue to love him, obviously we are not an "us" anymore. It has nothing to do with love and all to do with maturity and the ability to consider your partner and his (or her) needs.

BWS is bloody killing me. I think the reason I prefer Grainger-stories to CAP is as I was told way back in English Lit classes - people are more interested in what's in a character's handbag than what's in their head. While both CAP and Grainger have a bit of both - Grainger is more handbag, CAP more head.

to finish, that I am commenting indicates how much I like the writing - frankly if I read bad writing I don't comment I just pass on.... life's too bloody short. So Mark :worship:, please accept this illiterate diatribe as my version of a paean of praise from an unworthy acolyte.

Edited by Canuk

It's all good.

If this were a for-real story, things wouldn't be so dramatic. Or fun. A few things:

1. Mid life crisis: They happen, they suck, and they can devastate lives. I think it's hard to generalize about that situation until you've been there. What happens when a partner f**ks up? Do you cut them off and kick them to the curb? People make mistakes. Can we not forgive? Do we demand perfection?

2. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: Sure it's not real. There aren't many billionaires out there. But these people have problems that their money can't solve. There's a moral in there somewhere, I'm sure, but since I don't have any, it would be hard for me to find it.

Posted Image

I will be a lone voice in the wilderness for Robbie. He's always been a hugely favorite character of mine, and perhaps it's because he's been so deeply flawed. The boy has been to hell and back! And he's seriously damaged. I think if Brad just took a moment to step outside of his anger for a moment and realize that if he truly loves Robbie, he wouldn't be as angry with him. I don't think what Robbie proposed is the right thing, and he certainly didn't pick the right way to do it, but let's face it... Brad has the entire Crampton "family" behind him (mafioso pun fully intended.) There's no question who loses in this - it's Robbie. And for that, I'm just sad. And I HATE that he's always described (by both Brad AND Stef) as "whining." Grr.

I was sad when Jeff became a flawed character, and I'm sad now for Robbie. But Brad is just a bit too high and mighty. He certainly has had a privileged life and hasn't had to deal with all the Hayes related crap that Robbie did. Perhaps Brad could redeem himself by becoming a bit more compassionate. He should have said "no" to the 'open' relationship concept, and made it clear they need to communicate and work their way through the issues.

OK, flame away. :)

• Like 2

I will be a lone voice in the wilderness for Robbie. He's always been a hugely favorite character of mine, and perhaps it's because he's been so deeply flawed. The boy has been to hell and back! And he's seriously damaged. I think if Brad just took a moment to step outside of his anger for a moment and realize that if he truly loves Robbie, he wouldn't be as angry with him. I don't think what Robbie proposed is the right thing, and he certainly didn't pick the right way to do it, but let's face it... Brad has the entire Crampton "family" behind him (mafioso pun fully intended.) There's no question who loses in this - it's Robbie. And for that, I'm just sad. And I HATE that he's always described (by both Brad AND Stef) as "whining." Grr.

I was sad when Jeff became a flawed character, and I'm sad now for Robbie. But Brad is just a bit too high and mighty. He certainly has had a privileged life and hasn't had to deal with all the Hayes related crap that Robbie did. Perhaps Brad could redeem himself by becoming a bit more compassionate. He should have said "no" to the 'open' relationship concept, and made it clear they need to communicate and work their way through the issues.

OK, flame away. :)

In the words of Jeff Hayes: "Yep."

Brad had a horrible childhood, but he grew up in a more stable enviornment with far less problems in his adolescence than Robbie. Brad is flawed for quite a few reasons some of which he admits himself. In Be Rad he points out how he uses his money and his material possesions to make friends and be popular. Being apart of a privileged upbringing, especially under the parentage of JP and Isidore, made Brad insulated to the world around him. When you don't have to think about the price tag on material possesions it gives you a type of complaceny, making it easy to forget how complex life is outside of that bubble.

• Like 1

re ch 4:

omfg! So who again is having a mid-life crisis again? Robbie taking some boy-toy with him on a trip or Brad lusting after the son of his partner?

And again, Cody having sex with someone that is not his boyfriend w/o a condom...Not smart at all.

I am surprised by Matt's reaction towards his own dad though.

Thanks Mark for a wonderful chapter.

After reading Chapter 4 I don't know what to think about Matt. I hope he doesn't become a Brian or a Jake this time around.

Brad might be having his own little crisis, maybe his lust for his step-son is his own way of feeling like he's still desireable after the whole thing with Robbie. Doesn't hurt that Matt has some major hero-worship going on (with Wade's encouragement). The immaturity of Brad and Robbie reminds me of how they use to be in Be Rad. Glad Cody could call Brad out on what he was doing.

• Like 1

Mark, Mark, Mark :worship: ,:worship: ,:worship: - just when I get a grip on how I think the story is going you mess it all up. I rekon yous playin' with me....... I didn't see the Cody thang commin', I didn't see Matt's "understanding" of Robbie's philandering, I just plain didn't see....... Either old age is making me thicker (mentally - I still have the same trim, taut athletic body I have always had...0:) ) or

Mark :worship: you are one bloody clever writer. I think I'll presume the latter; it's easier on my ego...

Also Welcome JLK9N, seems to be your first post...?.... if you are worried by the "regulars" and their banter, don't be - they are all mad, bad and dangerous to know....

Edited by Canuk

Well for me, I am hanging out for the villain. I'm afraid that this one fails to capture my heart. Perhaps because I think that infidelity is just plain wrong. I have zero tolerance for it because I can not come to terms with how it could be possible. So for me, the story thusfar is repugnant, save that of the business aspect and finding out who is behind Amphion is a hold over from "The Box".

Sorry Mark, it's content not skill.

Well for me, I am hanging out for the villain. I'm afraid that this one fails to capture my heart. Perhaps because I think that infidelity is just plain wrong. I have zero tolerance for it because I can not come to terms with how it could be possible. So for me, the story thusfar is repugnant, save that of the business aspect and finding out who is behind Amphion is a hold over from "The Box".

Interesting, but I don't see this as "infidelity"...the two of them have "agreed", albeit reluctantly, on a course of action, a "lifestyle", and they are both now pursuing it. Ok it's not somthing I could do (or cope with) but it's not someone sneeking around behind their partners back - that I'd find dishonest small, so while I want to find out who the villain(s) is/are, I find the matt 0:) /robbie :devil: development intriguing.......

Edited by Canuk

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..