Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

MIllennium

hmmm...

What about that 70yr old trannie in a furries suit that was asked about earlier? You said you'd think about it... :D

This is relevant to my interests, sir. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :lmao:

Re ch 9:

Well, I can think of one reason as to why Robbie can't just fire Carson... Carson could sue Anders-Hayes for sexual harassment and would probably win.

And while we are at it, WTF is Robbie sleeping with an employee??? There is not a single Good HR person in this space/time continum that would of allowed that to happen in the first place.

I gotta say: these rich people have a distorted view of what is cheap. Porsche Boxster were NOT cheap...Cheaper then a Ferarri yes... Cheap where working people could afford one? Please.

Inter-office romances are common. It's real different than sexual harassment. Robbie does have a potential problem with Carson because there's a distorted power dynamic. Then again, in 1999, it would have pretty ludicrous, I would think, for a guy to accuse another guy of sexual harassment. Could be wrong on that though.

I can tell you first hand that rich people do have distorted perceptions when it comes to money. I've made dog pillows out of silk fabric with silk roses hand stitched to the fabric ($300 a yard at cost), had clients want a new duvet cover made after buying a $600 set instead of just buying the $100 filler, and have done full bedroom sets (comforters, skirts, pillows, valances and drapes) for the grown chldren's rooms in summer homes (of which said children never visit). Most people with money don't think about it, surprisingly, even those who came from lower income childhoods.

Inter-office romances are common. It's real different than sexual harassment. Robbie does have a potential problem with Carson because there's a distorted power dynamic. Then again, in 1999, it would have pretty ludicrous, I would think, for a guy to accuse another guy of sexual harassment. Could be wrong on that though.

Right, Carson could easily have lied and said that Robbie intimidated him into a relationship.

I don't think it would have been that out of left field for a guy to accuse another of sexual harrassment in 1999. I remember watching a news special back in the '90's about a guy who worked on an oil rig that claimed he was sexually harrassed by the workers there.

Kevin's lucky to get that car, but can you imagine what the insurance is going to be for a 19-year old boy who has a sports car? LOL.

Don't hate Robbie. He's screwed up. Raped in High School and in a French prison. And then there is or was Neil. At first I thought Brad and Robbie would make it. Now I am not sure. Brad has his limits. I am hoping Robbie will not end up like Jeff. Robbie does not have a drug problem but he is very unstable. Where are Robbie and Brad going? It's got to be some place close. Yosemite? It's where they said they loved each other.

I don't hate Robbie. I just think that it may be best for Brad and Robbie not to be together. The rift between them is massive, and this current situation where Robbie has feelings for another man just might be too much to ever heal.

My take on this is that Brad and Robbie will survive this crisis. It definitely is a crisis and a serious one. I don't question that.

My best argument is that they still love one another. Yes, I acknowledge that love doesn't always conquer all. But it's good to have in your hip pocket. :2thumbs:

I cannot give serious consideration to a relationship between Brad and Kevin. Brad would never had bought that car for Kevin if he was remotely interested in a romantic relationship with him. He's literally being a "sugar daddy" towards Kevin. Not a good foundation for a relationship. Yes, Brad is loving the ego stroking he's getting from Kevin and it's something he needs right now in order to keep his head above water. If Kevin saw Brad as a potential mate, he wouldn't have accepted the gift. The stage is set for that relationship and it will run its course.

I'm not ready to declare Robbie as unstable. Yes, he has tons of personal luggage and a really messed up family history. So far it's a mid-life crisis - not unheard of these days. He was upfront with Brad about "seeing other people" - he didn't cheat behind Brad's back. As it turns out, what Robbie really wanted was a relationship with this twink who appears to absolutely adore him. Robbie hadn't been getting what he needed (or at least what he believed he needed) from Brad. Brad even admits to some culpability here.

Also, a good crisis can rejuvenate a relationship. :wub:

let me think for a moment...

I am 20 yrs old, driving a POS, and some 37yr old RICH Stud with a big d*ck just bought me a car...

hmm...

are you out of your mind?? Of course I am going to take it! Husband material? That just put Brad up higher then these other scrubs living in this dump called dorms!

let me think for a moment...

I am 20 yrs old, driving a POS, and some 37yr old RICH Stud with a big d*ck just bought me a car...

hmm...

are you out of your mind?? Of course I am going to take it! Husband material? That just put Brad up higher then these other scrubs living in this dump called dorms!

So, you're saying you're a gold-digging slut.....like Kevin. Good on ya! :music:

Try thinking for longer than a moment. :lmao:

I am 20... NO I will not wait to do something like, what's that word... Think, I believe, at that age...

Not disagreeing with you, but that sort of "thinking" suggests even stronger that Kevin would be looking at a Mr. Right Now, not a Mr. Right. In essence, not thinking in terms of a husband, as you said.

To be fair though, it wasn't Kevin that set the terms of the relationship. It was defintely Brad. Yes, he could have refused the gift, but think THAT through. That's a pretty insulting move, since it was not a simple little gift, but one that took a substantial amount of money and time. If he'd refused the car, their summer romance would have pretty much ended there, since I doubt Brad would have gotten over the embarassment. Plus, Brad did make it clear that Robbie was the "real" love, and Kevin a side deal. I liked the honesty, but Kevin showed nerve telling Brad he wasn't going to take him too seriously after that.

I cannot decide if Brad intended to place himself in the Sugar Daddy role. He's got to be feeling the oneupmanship urge, and it is probably his wealth that he feels the most secure about, in terms of his own self-image. And I do emphasize the "his" next to the wealth; it's important that he made his own forutne, with help, but with his own effort as well. On the other hand, JP and Stef do the crazy generous thing all the time, as do Matt and Wade. In a family where money is only a way of keeping score, a car is only extravagant, not insane.

In either case, Kevin I would guess interpreted it as a Sugar Daddy move. He's not wealthy as all get out, after all. He's not complaining, because he isn't stupid. He "knows" he's a temp, and he's wise to enjoy Brad, and all the many attractive facets of him, as much as he's able.

Of course, this could all be a plot engineered by Brad's enemies. In which case, Kevin no doubt plans to run Brad down in the very car he purchased for him, possibly in the same spot that Billy was killed, or some other ironic locality.

My take on this is that Brad and Robbie will survive this crisis. It definitely is a crisis and a serious one. I don't question that.

My best argument is that they still love one another. Yes, I acknowledge that love doesn't always conquer all. But it's good to have in your hip pocket. :2thumbs:

I cannot give serious consideration to a relationship between Brad and Kevin. Brad would never had bought that car for Kevin if he was remotely interested in a romantic relationship with him. He's literally being a "sugar daddy" towards Kevin. Not a good foundation for a relationship. Yes, Brad is loving the ego stroking he's getting from Kevin and it's something he needs right now in order to keep his head above water. If Kevin saw Brad as a potential mate, he wouldn't have accepted the gift. The stage is set for that relationship and it will run its course.

I'm not ready to declare Robbie as unstable. Yes, he has tons of personal luggage and a really messed up family history. So far it's a mid-life crisis - not unheard of these days. He was upfront with Brad about "seeing other people" - he didn't cheat behind Brad's back. As it turns out, what Robbie really wanted was a relationship with this twink who appears to absolutely adore him. Robbie hadn't been getting what he needed (or at least what he believed he needed) from Brad. Brad even admits to some culpability here.

Also, a good crisis can rejuvenate a relationship. :wub:

Some very good points, and has been written elsewhere, we're only hearing one point of view. Robbie may have a reason for why he's doing what he's doing.

Not disagreeing with you, but that sort of "thinking" suggests even stronger that Kevin would be looking at a Mr. Right Now, not a Mr. Right. In essence, not thinking in terms of a husband, as you said.

To be fair though, it wasn't Kevin that set the terms of the relationship. It was defintely Brad. Yes, he could have refused the gift, but think THAT through. That's a pretty insulting move, since it was not a simple little gift, but one that took a substantial amount of money and time. If he'd refused the car, their summer romance would have pretty much ended there, since I doubt Brad would have gotten over the embarassment. Plus, Brad did make it clear that Robbie was the "real" love, and Kevin a side deal. I liked the honesty, but Kevin showed nerve telling Brad he wasn't going to take him too seriously after that.

I cannot decide if Brad intended to place himself in the Sugar Daddy role. He's got to be feeling the oneupmanship urge, and it is probably his wealth that he feels the most secure about, in terms of his own self-image. And I do emphasize the "his" next to the wealth; it's important that he made his own forutne, with help, but with his own effort as well. On the other hand, JP and Stef do the crazy generous thing all the time, as do Matt and Wade. In a family where money is only a way of keeping score, a car is only extravagant, not insane.

In either case, Kevin I would guess interpreted it as a Sugar Daddy move. He's not wealthy as all get out, after all. He's not complaining, because he isn't stupid. He "knows" he's a temp, and he's wise to enjoy Brad, and all the many attractive facets of him, as much as he's able.

Of course, this could all be a plot engineered by Brad's enemies. In which case, Kevin no doubt plans to run Brad down in the very car he purchased for him, possibly in the same spot that Billy was killed, or some other ironic locality.

I don't see Kevin as a gold digger at all. I think he's a guy who's been messing around with guys his own age and hasn't found that satisfying. He slept with Brad, an older guy, and it was. He told Brad he wasn't looking for a relationship in the beginning. For Brad, he's got money and a wounded ego; the kid salvaged his ego for him. It's a nice gesture on his part, an attempt to repay someone for helping him out when he was at his lowest point.

I look at it like this. You meet a hot guy, a really hot guy, and you f**k him (or he f**ks you, if you're a bottom like Tiger.Posted Image). After you're done, he asks you for some money. You're with a hustler. What if he doesn't ask for anything? You decide that was awesome that he wanted to f**k you when he probably could have his choice of damn near any guy, but he chose you. So you show your appreciation by buying him a gift. Is there a difference? Does it matter?

I agree with Mark's reasoning. I don't really see Kevin as a gold digger.He just seems like a nice kid who could not turn down an extravangant gift from a sexy fling he's having.

He just likes to get f**ked by guys with big dicks, especially if they know how to use 'em. I think he's kind of like how Stef was at the beginning, a total slut. :P

I am glad that Brad is taking the time to show just what he has over Carson. I can also see that in-spite of his insecurities, Robbie does still want to be with Brad, he just feels he's not worth it. Carson won't last, at any rate. He and Robbie are in two completely different stages in life. One or both are bound to realize the discrepancies in the relationship.

As for the corporate side of the story, I'm happy for it to take it's time. Things like that rarely are quickly solved.

I wonder if Robbie is bringing someone young into Anders-Hayes to bring a young perspective into movie production... Someone like Carson?

And why would you meet the BF's mother if you were not planning to get together in a more meaningful relationship?

Is Brad really on planning to dump Robbie on Dec 3? Or is this part of his stupid plan to force Robbie to fight for Brad? That's a bad game from both sides.

I wonder if Robbie is bringing someone young into Anders-Hayes to bring a young perspective into movie production... Someone like Carson?

And why would you meet the BF's mother if you were not planning to get together in a more meaningful relationship?

Is Brad really on planning to dump Robbie on Dec 3? Or is this part of his stupid plan to force Robbie to fight for Brad? That's a bad game from both sides.

I totally agree - i'm feeling somewhat disappointed with the direction that this story is going... will wait and see if i'm getting inspired again. - also waiting for our captain and his shipmates to appear again.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..