[Nephylim] Enigma II - Fighting the Man

You can stir this cauldron if you want. It's making my arm ache. If a hand or an eye floats to the surface just bat it back down with the spoon and whatever you do don't let the severed head start talking to you or you'll be there all day. Besides it knows all about the stories and it will give away the plot to everyone.

You can stir this cauldron if you want. It's making my arm ache. If a hand or an eye floats to the surface just bat it back down with the spoon and whatever you do don't let the severed head start talking to you or you'll be there all day. Besides it knows all about the stories and it will give away the plot to everyone.

oh! :huh: okay then... this cauldron i help with, i think :)

Also, Thanks for the warning! the head stays down no matter what! got it! :D :D

Btw, did u say the head knows abt 'ALL' the stories? (hmmm... i wonder if i can get something out of it abt Ace and Haze!! :devil: )

Youve let the cat out the bag now Frostys gonna be sniffin round tryin to learn all your secrets plans and plot twists

Hmmmmmmm not a bad idea actually make sure you pass me some info on to, i'd do it myself but spying is just so uncouth

I think this would be a good time to point out one thing

This is not a sweet and 'pretty' story. I am expecting a lot of people not to like it any maybe a lot will fall away because there is just too much angst. In chapters to come it may appear to be unrelenting and I have already had somone say they had to stop reading because it got to be too much

I don't apologise for it but I thought there is a need to mention as it has already starting to happen.

The relationship that River and Silver have is too unequal to ever be able to work long term. Silver can't go on in any relationship like he is so he has to move on somehow. Because of the way he is he cant understand that and in order to be built up he has to be pulled down. Silver is such a beautiful sweet person it's hard to read about him being hurt but it has to be done. Please bear with the hard times because there are better times ahead. By the end Silver is stronger, much stronger but whether that is with River is another question that won't be answered by me now.

Ouch, I had a feeliong the Aunt and Uncle would make their presence known in the less than friendly way and that seemed to come off.

I can see what your sating about how this is not gonna be a fun ride for the readers or for River and Silver and this may well be the first of many painful experiences for Silver.

Im gonna stick with it though you know Im fond of these two and I wanna see what happens to them the good the bad and the ugly. In a way for me it has to get bad, The relationship now is not healthy for either of them and for Silver to grow as a person he needs to experience life, unfortunately pain is a great teacher both physically and emotionally and Silver is in need of some lessons in life, living and humanity in general.

I do hope that these two end up together I think they are a great couple and can be great together I just dont think they are great together or for eachother right now its to one sided to be a healthy relationship and that makes me sad :(

I also had a bad feeling the aunt and uncle would make an arrival and boy didn't they just.

I already know who my main antagonist for next year's Reader's Awards going to be :P

I hate Sophy so much and the sad thing is that there are people like that out there and I hope that I never meet anyone quite so evil in my life. I'm sure I will but I so hope it wont be for a while.

Even if it gets unrelenting I am going to stick with it because I feel I owe it to River and Silver to read about their story, wherever they end up.

Excellent writing Nephy :hug:

I think this would be a good time to point out one thing

This is not a sweet and 'pretty' story. I am expecting a lot of people not to like it any maybe a lot will fall away because there is just too much angst. In chapters to come it may appear to be unrelenting and I have already had somone say they had to stop reading because it got to be too much

I don't apologise for it but I thought there is a need to mention as it has already starting to happen.

The relationship that River and Silver have is too unequal to ever be able to work long term. Silver can't go on in any relationship like he is so he has to move on somehow. Because of the way he is he cant understand that and in order to be built up he has to be pulled down. Silver is such a beautiful sweet person it's hard to read about him being hurt but it has to be done. Please bear with the hard times because there are better times ahead. By the end Silver is stronger, much stronger but whether that is with River is another question that won't be answered by me now.

Silver and River are such nice human beings... they go through things.. make choices (good or bad) and sometimes end up in deep muck! but... whatever it is, I always felt like I owe it to such Strong, beautiful and genuine characters to have their say! before i close the book (or the browser page) and say, "That's enough! no more!!"

Their Journey is has been awesome so far, painful, yes, but they've come out victorious and happy even in the face of all adversities. I'm sure many will agree with me and let both of them lead their lives to the fullest! :) :)

Thank you for such a wonderful Journey Nephy :hug:

Oh wow... I'm overwhelmed. You guys are great :) Sophy is an evil bitch. It was gently suggested that I might have made her a caricature, too over the top to be believable... however, I know people like her. Unfortunately I have a few in my own family so I felt.. meh... I like her as she is... well maybe 'like' is not exactly the right word :)

Unfortunately she has not made her last appearance directly and indirectly so you can love to hate her some more.

There will be pain, more emotional than physical this time.... mostly :) But, whether or not they end up together they both definitely end up stronger :)

Thank you SO MUCH for being so wonderful :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I figured that it was only fair after such a long wait to give you two chapters so you got to meet Mrs Ward sooner than you should have :)

lol not to argue the poiunt but technically we only meet her a day early :P

Anyway Ive sent ninja cat off on a mission, her orders to eliminate the aunt and uncle with extreme prejudice, Stealth cat and my new secret weapon have gone along as backup

I am of course keeping the identity of my secret weapon hidden for the moment to prevent knowlege of hhim reaching the general population

Silver does love to paint.. doesn't he?? doesnt matter what medium... doesnt matter where. doesnt even matter what! he just needs to want to paint! and he will... :) with all his heart and soul! Painting Ben's room just the way he wanted it, even when he had to give up his own sanctuary.. was sooo sooo touching!

**fingers crossed**

In some ways Silver is a lot like me... not in the important ones of course I only wish... but with the painting. I had so much fun painting my son's rooms with match pots of emulsion.

One of them is a castle room with an arrow slit on one wall, the crenellations along the top with blue sky behind and the odd stone in the wall painted with suede effect emulsions and textured exterior paint.

The other one is a pirate room with a full rigged sailing ship flying a skull and crossed bones on one wall, a mermaid on another and a pirate with parrot on the third.

We all had great fun doing them as I imagine Ben and Silver will.

If only the fun could last but unfortunately that's just not how life works.

Grrrrrr that woman from Childrens services and the aunt need to be locked in an airtight room with no windows or doors and forgotten about.

Lovin Ben though he seems like a cool kid and somewhat like i'd expect River to have been at that age, He also seems to be good for Silver and in his own way I think may be more of a help than River can be. Im seeing him as a link to Silvers lost childhood and hopefully those 2 can help eachother to grieve and heal

Im also seeing evil Nephy and her bad bad mind at play here with her torture of poor River :) Actually from what Nephys said previously and from what I am piecing together so far I can see one part falling into place

Gonna hide em tho incase some people want to be suprised and havent read what Nephys been putting out in terms of hints for this story

Ok so first of all I know Nephy indicated Silver was going to move into his own place now I thought that would be a good move for him but I'm thinking its a less than voluntary move and River and Silver are forced into this move in order to keep Ben.

I just see the Aunt causing more and more Issues for River until someone can hopefully slap some sense into her. I think hes shown great restraint so far but he needs to start playin her at her own game

Anyway thats just my interpretation of things so far but whatever happens I cant wait to see how it all turns out

You're kind of right. Let's say that Silver is VERY upset that he can't stay with River for now and River has no real understanding of just how much ;)

SO yeah... :)

We're just getting to the exciting bits.

Can you all bear in mind that this is what I do and YES it does really happen like that.