GA is coming over for Dinner!

OMG! The entire active membership of GA is coming to a big dinner party and you have to plan it!

You have plan a party and food for ~1000 people. Budget is no problem. You have Myr's platinum card. :great:

Where is the party?

What is the theme?

What is the menu?

I'll start:

Our party starts at the New Orleans French Quarter Mariott in the Spring.

The theme: Elegant New Orleans!

Music: jazz band

Menu:

Horderves

Raw oysters on the half shell

seafood gumbo

shrimp cocktail

shrimp nachos

Drinks

Dixie Beer

Sangria

White wines

Iced Tea

Coffee (New Orleans blend)

Soft drinks

Bottled Water

Main Course

Prime Rib & twice baked potatoes

Scallops & shrimp + veggie

Crabs & Shrimp + veggie

Sir Loin Steak & potatoes

Twigs & seeds (for vegetarians)

Dessert

Key Lime Pie

Beignets

Caramel Cake

Carrot Cake

Cuban cigars freshly smuggled in.

After dinner, we'll assemble and raffle off WatchPatRun, JamieD and thatBoyChase for charity. :lmao: OK, OK, we'll think of one. :devil:

Where is the party? I would want it someplace warm so I'd schedule it in the winter (where it is really cold where I live) but it would be held in St. Barts.

isledefrancelobbySM.jpg

"With its laissez-faire French culture and a myriad of private villas to choose from, St. Barts is has been called the most gay-friendly island in the Caribbean. This is the place to get lost in the Caribbean for a few days, far from the cruise-ship crowds."

What is the theme?

Spain!I think could work as the theme. It would be mandatory for all men attending (under the age of 30) to be shirtless as much as possible though. I totally need my eye-candy while I sip margaritas. And I would want Spanish dancers and Spanish guitar players.

What is the menu?

I like all kinds of food but my favorite is traditional Spanish. I would want Croquettas and Seafood Paella with fresh mussels for an appetizer.

For the main course I would want Solomillo de Buey al Queso Picon de Tresviso-- a Grilled Beef Tenderloing generously topped with an authentic Roquefort cheese sauce,

or Pechuga de Pato Asada rellena de Manzana con Esparragos -- Grilled Duck Breast glazed with an inviting Apple and honey sauce and served with Asparagus.

For dessert a nice tiramisu cake.

And I would hope that Anyta and Nephy both joined be in a cabana on the beach to drink my margaritas made with Patron.

Yay... can't wait.

Where would it be held

Where else - Bran Castle in Romania

Theme

What do you think? Creatures of the night of course. (Can you just imagine the beautiful men intight black trousers, fitted jackets and white linen shirts; with eye liner and long hair tied back with a velvet ribbons. The gorgeous ladies would, of course be in white linen, low cut nighties (well I have to dip into the legends for something when the reality is a lot more boring)

Menu

hors d'oeuvres

Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and olives with hot crusty bread

Cherry tomatoes cut in half and stuffed with houmus on a bed of rocket and fresh herbs

Asparagus in butter

Pate

Raw vegetables with garlic dip

Main Course

A selection of GA members with a sharp knife

And for the rest of you

Rare steak with BBQ sauce

Stuffed wild mushrooms with garlic sauce

Duck in orange sauce

Venison

Desert

Lacey - surely he has to be the sweetest thing on GA

Mint ice cream in chocolate cups

Meringue with fresh cream

creme brulee

Drinks

Blood... red wine

French white wine

courvoisier

Talisker

Brazilian ground expresso

And of course Margaritas on the beach with Kavrik with maybe some Sex on the Beach (what... I like cocktails)

Where is the party? I would want it someplace warm so I'd schedule it in the winter (where it is really cold where I live) but it would be held in St. Barts.

isledefrancelobbySM.jpg

"With its laissez-faire French culture and a myriad of private villas to choose from, St. Barts is has been called the most gay-friendly island in the Caribbean. This is the place to get lost in the Caribbean for a few days, far from the cruise-ship crowds."

What is the theme?

Spain!I think could work as the theme. It would be mandatory for all men attending (under the age of 30) to be shirtless as much as possible though. I totally need my eye-candy while I sip margaritas. And I would want Spanish dancers and Spanish guitar players.

What is the menu?

I like all kinds of food but my favorite is traditional Spanish. I would want Croquettas and Seafood Paella with fresh mussels for an appetizer.

For the main course I would want Solomillo de Buey al Queso Picon de Tresviso-- a Grilled Beef Tenderloing generously topped with an authentic Roquefort cheese sauce,

or Pechuga de Pato Asada rellena de Manzana con Esparragos -- Grilled Duck Breast glazed with an inviting Apple and honey sauce and served with Asparagus.

For dessert a nice tiramisu cake.

And I would hope that Anyta and Nephy both joined be in a cabana on the beach to drink my margaritas made with Patron.

Sounds good, but on a French island, don't you think a French theme would be better?