Sighhh....come on, Marvel....

9 hours ago, Comicality said:

"Ms. Marvel" won't even START for another two weeks, and they're already setting me up for more? I know they're still working on the SFX, but it's getting there!

Well played, Marvel. But I'll be catching up to you eventually! Just you watch! I can write a bunch of super cool stuff all at once TOO, ya know? LOL!

Yay! I love Shulkie

• Love 1

...Why is it that nowadays...*EVERY* single time there's a fucking movie or a TV show that doesn't look like "Leave It To Beaver" or the "Brady Bunch", it's accused of being a part of some 'woke' agenda? It's so fucking stupid. Get a life, already!

I'll be there on day one, Kamala Khan! Promise!

Gee, a young teenage Avengers fangirl who gets super powers, has crushes or falls in love, and wants to be a strong main character? Funny...nobody had a problem with it when it was a straight white male doing the EXACT same thing! 'Peter Parker' much? Helloooo? I guess it wasn't 'woke' then, was it?

Whatever. Severely insecure people suck...

ALSO...I'm officially starting "Heartstopper" this week, and then "Obi Wan Kenobi"...and then "Stranger Things 4"! Hehehe, that is a LOT of couch potato time! But I think it'll be worth it! ::Fingers Crossed::

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

::Giggles:: Awwww! The premiere of "Ms. Marvel" gave me a heavy dose of those teen 'coming of age' tingles and now I'm grinning from ear to ear! :)

It's like..."Ugly Betty", mixed with "Malcolm in The Middle", but with a Pakistani flavor to it. Some angst, some laughs, some sweet and heartfelt moments ('Henry' from TWD is a few years older now, and he's adorable!)...but it all takes place within the Marvel Universe! Very cool!

Like...if you guys have ever read "GFD: Fanboys" (https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfdfanboys/), it's got that kind of meta die hard fan vibe to it. I LOVED it! Can't wait to see where things go from there once things, inevitably, get serious!

Alright, I've gotta check out the new episode of "Obi Wan Kenobe" (Awesome so far!), and I started "Heartstopper" also! You guys were right, it's extremely cute! And then I'll get on "Stranger Things" before somebody spoils it! Hehehe! Don't worry though, I'll be getting back to my Comsie work as soon as "Obi Wan" is finished! :P

...And yeah...I guess if I was a teenage girl in that world, I'd want to be Captain Marvel too! She's overpowered as fuck! LOL!

• Love 2
On 6/8/2022 at 9:47 PM, Comicality said:

::Giggles:: Awwww! The premiere of "Ms. Marvel" gave me a heavy dose of those teen 'coming of age' tingles and now I'm grinning from ear to ear! :)

It's like..."Ugly Betty", mixed with "Malcolm in The Middle", but with a Pakistani flavor to it. Some angst, some laughs, some sweet and heartfelt moments ('Henry' from TWD is a few years older now, and he's adorable!)...but it all takes place within the Marvel Universe! Very cool!

Like...if you guys have ever read "GFD: Fanboys" (https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfdfanboys/), it's got that kind of meta die hard fan vibe to it. I LOVED it! Can't wait to see where things go from there once things, inevitably, get serious!

Alright, I've gotta check out the new episode of "Obi Wan Kenobe" (Awesome so far!), and I started "Heartstopper" also! You guys were right, it's extremely cute! And then I'll get on "Stranger Things" before somebody spoils it! Hehehe! Don't worry though, I'll be getting back to my Comsie work as soon as "Obi Wan" is finished! :P

...And yeah...I guess if I was a teenage girl in that world, I'd want to be Captain Marvel too! She's overpowered as fuck! LOL!

The only downside of Hearstopper for me was that it was all there and so easy to binge watch I saw the entire first season in one night, and there was no more to watch.  At least with Stranger Things they aren't releasing it all at once so you can savor it.  I've only just started on that myself.  I wasn't all that thrilled with the third season and it's been so long, I wasn't really all that motivated to watch.  It took a lot of good word-of-mouth from people who'd been way more critical of the third season than me that finally convinced me to check it out. 

• Love 3
On 6/8/2022 at 7:47 PM, Comicality said:

I admit to have had doubts about this one, but mostly because I’m not familiar with Ms. Marvel. That said, I’m actually enjoying Ms. Marvel more than Kenobi - and I’ve been waiting for Kenobi for, oh, before you were born, Luke.

It was a perfect coming-of-age send-up! I look forward to the next episode.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Comicality said:

Comicon was this past weekend...excellent entries from both Marvel and DC...

But, Best Of Show..."Black Panther II: Wakanda Forever". Wow...

Seriously, just...wow...

Rumor has it that MCU Doctor Doom will be hinted at for this one!

I’d love it if they finally do Doom justice since he’s the arch arch villain of the Marvel Universe! :D

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrM said:

Rumor has it that MCU Doctor Doom will be hinted at for this one!

I’d love it if they finally do Doom justice since he’s the arch arch villain of the Marvel Universe! :D

Yep, they have yet to do a remotely accurate representation of how Doom really is.  Maybe one day, but not exactly holding my breath.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I never know. I mean...they did 'OK' with Ultron and Red Skull. But were EXCELLENT with Thanos and Kingpin! So...we'll see! :P 

Also, a close friend of mine in the biz leaked some footage from the next Ant-Man movie...and Kang the Conqueror is a SERIOUS problem on multiple levels!!! 😮 :o :o So like...there's that! Hehehehe!

• 4 weeks later...

Ummmm...I don't get it...

Did you know that there are people on Youtube, reactors and reviewers, that are getting ATTACKED for not hating the Marvel "She Hulk" series? And it's only been two episodes, but they are extremely upset that people like it and give it good reviews.

I mean...but WHY though???

I've been watching it, and I LOVE She Hulk! It's so much fun! It's made to be a comedy type of lawyer show, and they hit the nail on the head. It has a bunch of meta moments and breaks the 4th wall in parts (Like Deadpool), it has some action, it ties in with the MCU perfectly and it's just plain cool to watch.

If somebody else doesn't like it? That's fine. Not your cup of tea. Some people like "Game Of Thrones", or "Breaking Bad", or "Downton Abbey", or "Sex In The City", whatever. But why go out of your way to *HATE* somebody for liking something that they like? That's just stupid? What is that about?

And when I look at this stuff, it's always the same ten to fifteen people. They watch EVERY episode and then complain about it. Who even bothers to click on their content at this point. Some folks are just determined to see Marvel fail. "Black Widow" is the end of Marvel! "Thor: Love and Thunder" is the end of Marvel! "Dr. Strange" is the end of Marvel! "Ms Marvel", "The Eternals", "Hawkeye", "Moon Knight", will all be the END of Marvel! Will it really though?

I'm still waiting for the next one. So...if they're talking about me, they're lying. I'm willing to bet that about half a billion dollars worth of box office for every movie would agree. They're pretty consistent. So, like...relax. Go find something you DO like. Write and make videos about that. Educate the people, oh supreme warrior of all things cinema. Hehehe, now hush up. More She Hulk is coming on! :)

Go outside and find something positive in your life to get involved in instead of hate watching a show that you forced yourself to dislike before it even aired on TV.

For the rest of you? Show's hilarious! I love it! ::Giggles::

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Comicality said:

Ummmm...I don't get it...

Did you know that there are people on Youtube, reactors and reviewers, that are getting ATTACKED for not hating the Marvel "She Hulk" series? And it's only been two episodes, but they are extremely upset that people like it and give it good reviews.

I mean...but WHY though???

I've been watching it, and I LOVE She Hulk! It's so much fun! It's made to be a comedy type of lawyer show, and they hit the nail on the head. It has a bunch of meta moments and breaks the 4th wall in parts (Like Deadpool), it has some action, it ties in with the MCU perfectly and it's just plain cool to watch.

If somebody else doesn't like it? That's fine. Not your cup of tea. Some people like "Game Of Thrones", or "Breaking Bad", or "Downton Abbey", or "Sex In The City", whatever. But why go out of your way to *HATE* somebody for liking something that they like? That's just stupid? What is that about?

And when I look at this stuff, it's always the same ten to fifteen people. They watch EVERY episode and then complain about it. Who even bothers to click on their content at this point. Some folks are just determined to see Marvel fail. "Black Widow" is the end of Marvel! "Thor: Love and Thunder" is the end of Marvel! "Dr. Strange" is the end of Marvel! "Ms Marvel", "The Eternals", "Hawkeye", "Moon Knight", will all be the END of Marvel! Will it really though?

I'm still waiting for the next one. So...if they're talking about me, they're lying. I'm willing to bet that about half a billion dollars worth of box office for every movie would agree. They're pretty consistent. So, like...relax. Go find something you DO like. Write and make videos about that. Educate the people, oh supreme warrior of all things cinema. Hehehe, now hush up. More She Hulk is coming on! :)

Go outside and find something positive in your life to get involved in instead of hate watching a show that you forced yourself to dislike before it even aired on TV.

For the rest of you? Show's hilarious! I love it! ::Giggles::

I notice that a lot of these reviewers and followers of these reviewers have an agenda. They’ve gotten political about these shows! It seems these anti-Marvel reviewers can find political messages in places where there are none in these shows! It’s even worse for the Star Wars crowd…trust me on this!

They complain about the ‘Wokeness’ of the shows and pushing ‘Liberal Agendas’. These reviewers are obviously on the more conservative side of things and are members of the ‘Anti-Woke’ movement. This, along with a lot of other frustrations these people seem to have with their private lives, seems to be the driving force behind their vitriol. 

She-Hulk is watching just like her comic books read! They’re practically taking verbatim things I read in her books in the 1980s! So, if there are messages being sent by her story in the show…they’re long standing ones popular in the Reagan era! So, as far as liberal agendas go, She-Hulk and her story are  creatures of one of the most conservative times in American history! I’m getting a kick out of her show just like I did with Ms. Marvel which was wonderful!

On top of this, I’m waiting with excitement for the Star Wars story ‘Andor’ which looks very intriguing to a Star Wars geek like me! The ‘reviewers’ are already bashing Andor and it hasn’t even come out yet!

They’re losing their credibility pushing their own agendas, these reviewers, IMHO. They need to tone it down and stick with plot points, acting, and direction and not message signaling.

Edited by MrM

EXACTLY! It's gotten to the point where they're not even entertaining anymore. And I've given their clickbait a chance to see if maybe they have a point somewhere. But it's all, 'woman, woman, woman, woke, agenda, liberal, woman, woke, forcing us to think people are....ummmm...people?'  I really try to give them the benefit of the doubt, because everybody deserves to have their opinion heard. So let's hear it. But they just...rant. No substance or reason for it. They just get off on it, I guess.

Even THEN...that's ok. We can agree to disagree. That's fine. They can still be good people with a different point of view. But now they're literally ATTACKING people who like the show. WHY??? I haven't disliked a single Marvel Disney + show yet. I wasn't a big fan of Boba Fett, but all of the other Star Wars shows have been highly entertaining too. I look forward to Andor and Asoka as well. It's like...people just need to relax. They're not entitled to constant entertainment for free. A LOT of people put in a whole lot of work into these projects. Chill out. Nobody wants to hear it.

It's not even political. Or religious. Or cultural. It's just a TV show. Watch it...don't watch it...who cares? You know?

Every Monday on the Shack, I make a 'Monday Movie Matinee' post, (http://www.voy.com/15900/) where I tell people about a movie that I really liked. Something positive, you know? Underground and independent movies that people might be missing out on. Most of it is stuff people have never even heard of. I advertise it and promote so they can enjoy it too. Why would I waste my time and energy on a movie I HATE? That's just dumb. It's not funny. It's hurtful and wrong and I don't want to be a part of it. Let's have fun instead. You know?

As for women and the 'woke' agenda...people don't know what 'woke' means anymore and they're using it wrong...and I grew up watching horror movies, so the strong female character was always the last one standing. It's the 'final girl' trope, look it up. 

I just don't get the weakness in people anymore. And I grew up in a house of horrific abuse, but I'd never be THAT insecure. Jesus...

• Like 1

I think it's because they have an 'Us vs Them' mentality on everything, and they see these shows as a personal attack on them. I've seen a few of these rants, and I really get a "they're coming to take away all the things you love" vibe from it. So if you like the show, you're also their perceived enemy in the 'culture war'.

Like, relax, it's just a movie...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoah...I ummm...did NOT expect this today! 😮

Yeah...Skrulls are a problem. A big...BIG problem! Damn shapeshifters...hehehe!

Hehehe, they really went a different route with this one! I kinda like it! :P (Sooooo...maybe a Moon Knight cameo? ::Fingers crossed::)

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow...that was quick! 😮 

I thought they might have been too young at first, but considering how quickly they sprouted up in the past year, they may actually be able to use the same actors to play Billy and Tommy (Wiccan and Speed) by the time the "Young Avengers" movie rolls around! SWEET!!! Because they were perfect in those roles! :P

Julian-hilliard-1653951602

I wonder...will 'Billy' still be gay in the movies like in the comic books?
  • Love 1

Hehehe...I love you, Namor...

...Actually...no, I don't! LOL! Nobody loves Namor! He's an asshole...but in that really gritty 'anti-hero' way! Always has been! :P

But the Submariner and Atlantis are going to have some SERIOUS problems with Wakanda! Just saying! Bring it, bitches!

• Haha 2
On 9/28/2022 at 12:19 PM, Comicality said:

I wonder...will 'Billy' still be gay in the movies like in the comic books?

There's a lot more books being published for middle school kids, with "quiltbag+" characters, which is pretty sweet! I mean, gay people don't just spring out of holes in the ground as full grown adults! It starts earlier than that. We need more representation of LGBT kids in the media, and not only as teens and college students! Like with Danny and Elliott in A Million Little Things. So, whether Billy meets "Teddy Altman" or somebody else, I would love to see that!  :D

• Love 1

So much JOY!!!! XD 

Now that shows like "She Hulk" and "Hawkeye", and movies like "Dr Strange And The Multiverse Of Madness" and "Spider-Man: no Way Home"...it's ok to give away a few spoilers here! Because all of Marvel is HOME, baby!!!! How awesome is that??? :P It's time that you guys watch the Netflix Marvel shows! Although, you should be warned...they are *NOT* gonna be Disney friendly! Hehehe! Because they are pretty brutal! And they've always been sort of connected to the MCU, but there was red tape that kept them from being a true part of the whole Avengers cannon. (So stupid) But we're done with tha now! Yaaayyyyyy!!! So, watch the Netflix shows! You will SERIOUSLY be missing out if you don't! To see Daredevil or Kingpin show up in the new movies and Disney+ series is SOOOOO fucking cool!!!! GAH!!!!

Yes! Watch the Netflix shows! They're AMAZING! And the 2nd season for all of them are CRAZY good! With the exception of Jessica Jones...because former Dr Who legend, David Tenant, was absolutely EPIC in his role!!! Jesus, he was good! Also, a bunch of folks give the first season of Iron Fist a lot of shit, but I liked it just fine. And season 2 was crazy! So watch them all! Also, The Punisher is coming to the MCU too! I just want to know how gritty Disney is willing to get! Because they were SO faithful to Moon Knight and Daredevil so far! So we'll see!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..