[DomLuka] Hey DomLuka Fans!

• Site Administrator

I don't know if anyone noticed, but with the new story system here on Gay Authors, the Hosted Authors that aren't currently posting stories are the ones hardest hit. The new system promotes stories through reviews and reputation. What does this mean?

It means when you reread your favorite DomLuka Stories, you should take the time to write a review, chapter by chapter. This will drive up the review count for the story and will make it noticeable to the new people on the site that may not have heard of Dom.

https://www.gayauthors.org/domluka/index.html

What do you say? Are you going to help Dom out here?

Myr

it's really a shame to see some of the um-ok authors with hundreds of rep points and Dom with hardly any... I feel like he's getting slighted myself.. and woe is he on the review side too... shame shame shame... and to think you call yourselves domaholics. :blink::ph34r:

I read all of Dom's stories last Spring (2010) before I even made a user account. I guess I could go back and leave some reviews, but I really need to concentrate on finding new material to read (basically, finding stories which mimic Dom's writing style).

• Like 2

An author like Dom (are there others?) doesn't really need reviews or rep points. :king: He's beyond all that. :worship: True Domaholics know that.:D

Well that's fine and dandy coming from a review hungry, bloated reputation toad... but unless dom gets some reviews and dom gets some rep he's going to wallow in the dregs of GA Stories...

of course that is what his competition wants...

any true domaholic would know that too.

• Like 1

The "competition" should spend less time obsessing about Dom and his writing's popularity and more time trying to put out a good product.

I'm not too worried about Dom's reputation. It will move in the right direction once With Trust Chapter 21 gets posted.

Oh, FYI...When I was speed re-reading Dessert Dropping, I think I ran into the daily Positive Rep limit as I was reading the chapters.

Edited by NaperVic

Well that's fine and dandy coming from a review hungry, bloated reputation toad... but unless dom gets some reviews and dom gets some rep he's going to wallow in the dregs of GA Stories...

any true domaholic would know that too.

Who's competition for Dom? Me? You? I think not. Now Comsie...there's a battle of Titans.

I drive a fast car, but when a Ferrari pulls up behind me in the fast lane, I pull over. Dom's like the Ferrari. You're like the old man, wearing a fedora, driving a Buick (winks at Tiger), who refuses to move over even though he' s only going 60 mph. Posted Image

• Like 1

Who's competition for Dom? Me? You? I think not. Now Comsie...there's a battle of Titans.

I drive a fast car, but when a Ferrari pulls up behind me in the fast lane, I pull over. Dom's like the Ferrari. You're like the old man, wearing a fedora, driving a Buick (winks at Tiger), who refuses to move over even though he' s only going 60 mph. Posted Image

At least I'm still driving, and I don't mind blocking your ass every chance I get. vroom vroom.

now go share some love with Dom.

• Like 1

The "competition" should spend less time obsessing about Dom and his writing's popularity and more time trying to put out a good product.

Exactly. Andy achieved this with Second Shot. Other authors have come up short.

And had I known about the rep system and review system when I read Dom's stories last Spring, then I would have been all over it. But now it's time for me to move on, as I'm a no-rerun type of guy.

• Like 3

Exactly. Andy achieved this with Second Shot. Other authors have come up short.

And had I known about the rep system and review system when I read Dom's stories last Spring, then I would have been all over it. But now it's time for me to move on, as I'm a no-rerun type of guy.

I will go and leave revs, but not chapter by chapter! Rereading will have to wait now. Too much new stories to read and I am waiting for new stories from Dom too. I love Dom's stories though. And when I do reread I'm sure I will leave my comments there too!

• Like 1

I have been giving him positives when I go back an re-read, but I will start leaving some reviews (again, prob not chapter by chapter) but at least 1 per story. I have vacation this week, so I am planning on doing some re-reading.

• Like 1

I'll "help Dom out" if Dom gives any indication of caring about his readers. Some writers around here have the decency to keep their readership updated in the event of a lengthy hiatus or an unexpected delay in completing a story.

I'll "help Dom out" if Dom gives any indication of caring about his readers. Some writers around here have the decency to keep their readership updated in the event of a lengthy hiatus or an unexpected delay in completing a story.

Your frustration is understandable. Heck, there's a tiny part of me that's used Dom's name in vain for abandoning "me".

But then I start worrying that something is wrong. That the reason Dom hasn't given us an update is because he's unable to. Then I feel guilty.

But also knowing Dom, I definitely don't think it's an issue of Dom not 'caring about his readers'. There could be many reasons as to why he hasn't posted, blogged, or updated us, but I'd bet money that it isn't about his lack of caring.

I trust that if & when he comes back, it will all make sense.

• Like 1

Meh, it must be nice to have faith. I have spent months trying to assume that there's a good reason for this, but I really don't think so. I don't know anything about the man's private life other than what I read here, but it sounds unlikely that anything truly awful would happen to him without someone in his online life being aware of it. If someone is aware of "it" and hasn't said something because Dom has asked him/her not to, well, that may be justifiable, but after a year, it doesn't really do much to temper my assertion that he doesn't care about his readers at large. Whatever has befallen him, it would be high time for him to ask Myr or someone to say "Can you let them know you don't anticipate anything more from me for the foreseeable future, and I'm sorry?"

I think it's more likely that his muse left him, he got tired and cynical as a result of bitching and carping from fans over email, he threw up his hands (consciously or unconsciously), and just neglected to tell the rest of the fanbase. I can understand that, but again: a year is a long time to go without saying: "um, guys? I'm not feeling it anymore. Sorry."

My judgment clearly doesn't matter for much in this case. Maybe, though, this will pass by the eyes of another gayauthor, who will at least reflect on the fact that some people prefer closure over lingering uncertainty in cases like this.

Your frustration is understandable. Heck, there's a tiny part of me that's used Dom's name in vain for abandoning "me".

But then I start worrying that something is wrong. That the reason Dom hasn't given us an update is because he's unable to. Then I feel guilty.

But also knowing Dom, I definitely don't think it's an issue of Dom not 'caring about his readers'. There could be many reasons as to why he hasn't posted, blogged, or updated us, but I'd bet money that it isn't about his lack of caring.

I trust that if & when he comes back, it will all make sense.

My whole family is on the "pump up Dom" campaign. I don't know if positives were as important in the old site or not.

We also "liked" all the stories which I think has an impact on favorite stories or something like that.

Hopefully he will be back soon to work on With Trust and Hello Stupid.

Meh, it must be nice to have faith. I have spent months trying to assume that there's a good reason for this, but I really don't think so. I don't know anything about the man's private life other than what I read here, but it sounds unlikely that anything truly awful would happen to him without someone in his online life being aware of it. If someone is aware of "it" and hasn't said something because Dom has asked him/her not to, well, that may be justifiable, but after a year, it doesn't really do much to temper my assertion that he doesn't care about his readers at large. Whatever has befallen him, it would be high time for him to ask Myr or someone to say "Can you let them know you don't anticipate anything more from me for the foreseeable future, and I'm sorry?"

I think it's more likely that his muse left him, he got tired and cynical as a result of bitching and carping from fans over email, he threw up his hands (consciously or unconsciously), and just neglected to tell the rest of the fanbase. I can understand that, but again: a year is a long time to go without saying: "um, guys? I'm not feeling it anymore. Sorry."

My judgment clearly doesn't matter for much in this case. Maybe, though, this will pass by the eyes of another gayauthor, who will at least reflect on the fact that some people prefer closure over lingering uncertainty in cases like this.

But huge hiatuses happen with Dom. It happened with With Trust and INTFB before too. It was at least year or longer before he started new chapters again. He gave closure to INTFB, and I doubt he plans on leaving With Trust the way it is. Domluka has five (lengthy) completed stories and one shorter one (HS) which is completely fine where it's been left off. Obviously this isn't something that Dom just picked up one day and though "Oh, this would be cool." and just left it because he a) ran out of ideas or B) just wasn't feeling it anymore. Maybe Dom's just not feeling it right now but I believe he'll pick it up sooner (or later). If it is later, can we really bitch about it? We're not paying him for his stories, other than (hopefully positive) feedback, he doesn't really have to do this. It's not his career. The only people who could legitimately bitch about his hiatus is if you became a premium member just to read Leave the Pieces (which Dom has gone on the record saying he felt uneasy about making it premium, but felt like he should help out GA.org with overhead costs etc.).

His readers are effectively beggers and we cannot be choosers.

Maybe it's just me, but I believe that GA is a part of Dom's life, maybe not at the moment, but it has been and I like to think it will continue to be. Just not now. As much as I would like to see WT get completed I also wish Dom the best. Who knows? Maybe he was hit really hard by the economy or maybe he's found something that is currently taking priority over writing. That's fine. It's his life.

• 2 months later...
Guest Zrazvi

DomLuka an amazing author i found a piece of his story on nifty but it wasn't finished so i searched and searched and finally found Desert Dropping here i will absolutely leave reviews

DomLuka an amazing author i found a piece of his story on nifty but it wasn't finished so i searched and searched and finally found Desert Dropping here i will absolutely leave reviews

Desert Dropping was the very first thing I ever read by Dom. Oooooh, if only there was a real life Rory Norick in my life, sigh.

• 10 months later...