The Royal Wedding

Eh, I'm always happy for the couple, but weddings on this scale (I know there's historical precedence to it and all) but just kinda put me off a bit.

That said William and Harry were gorgeous :D

Eric

I don't exactly have profound interest in the royal family or their affairs but I do acknowledge the magnitude of this event and have profound appreciation for it in that respect. I've been following the wedding chit chat for the same reason and was planning on waking up to watch the wedding but missed it and am sooo pissed.

With everything going on in the world, this distracted people from what was actually important by clogging the news headlines for weeks. Glad its over and they can go back to being news for ET and the tabloids.

• Like 2

Weddings are weddings, most of us "get hiched" .

May they be happy and stay that way, hope that he doesn't make a muck up of it as his father did.

I didn't turn on the TV I was otherwise occupied...

• Like 1

In response to KC and Matt, sure there are many more important and substantial events happening in the world but that's all the more cause to celebrate this wedding. With all the political controversies, wars in the Middle East, terrorism here and there, radiation fears, speculations on how out of control international debt is, tornados killing hundreds, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc it's more than mildly depressing to even turn the tv on sometimes. It's nice to look away from all the tensions of the world and just for a little while focus on something nice and awe-inspiring. That's just my thought.

• Like 5

When I was a kid, I used to dream of fairy-tale weddings and all... of course me waiting for my price charming lol, but had grown passed that now.

I don't care about the wedding, thats because am not a 'subject'... but then if I were British, Id have cared "emotionally".

And I found Kate beautiful in the Wedding dress... :D

The trappings of royalty and the pomp and circumstances are part of what makes Britain great. It gives the country a unifying theme that goes back for centuries and provides a level of comfort and stability.

• Like 1

In response to KC and Matt, sure there are many more important and substantial events happening in the world but that's all the more cause to celebrate this wedding. With all the political controversies, wars in the Middle East, terrorism here and there, radiation fears, speculations on how out of control international debt is, tornados killing hundreds, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc it's more than mildly depressing to even turn the tv on sometimes. It's nice to look away from all the tensions of the world and just for a little while focus on something nice and awe-inspiring. That's just my thought.

Don’t get me wrong- Weddings are wonderful and fun and Yes, Kate was Beautiful but I agree with Matt. There are too many important issues in the world for the entire universe to stop for them. Real Issues are dropped to the back burner.

News like this should be on designated channels/sites/papers so IF you want to see it you can and IF you want to know what else is going on in the world… you can.

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong- Weddings are wonderful and fun and Yes, Kate was Beautiful but I agree with Matt. There are too many important issues in the world for the entire universe to stop for them. Real Issues are dropped to the back burner.

News like this should be on designated channels/sites/papers so IF you want to see it you can and IF you want to know what else is going on in the world… you can.

Well you know how much people love spectacle. Besides it's good chance to make some money.

I get what you're saying though, and I don't necessarily disagree. I'm just trying to balance out some criticisms of the wedding coverage.

There's been many FB status updates I've read this morning that show just how quickly some people like to jump on the bandwagon to belittle everything.

I wish there was a royal gay couple! Does anyone know if there are any openly gay royals?

Doubt it. Even in socially liberal countries where being gay isn't a big deal, having a gay prince or princess would be a scandal and would amount to embarrassment for a royal family.

• Like 1

Didn't we fight a war a while back that kinda got us out of having to care about stuff like this? Eh, I've never given a crap about celebrity weddings and since I'm not in the UK that's all this is to me, another overhyped celebrity wedding.

Doubt it. Even in socially liberal countries where being gay isn't a big deal, having a gay prince or princess would be a scandal and would amount to embarrassment for a royal family.

True, so if any royals were gay they're prolly deeply in the closet, what do you think Mattikins?

Well Can't call him royal since Kings and Princes were de-recognised in India, But thats the closest I could get:

The Wiki link

Yeah I already saw that! Tnkas for sharing though..

As a hardened English anti monarchist/Republican I thought I’d hate it. But, much to my surprise I actually found myself tuning in and actually quite enjoying the wedding.

In the current climate of financial hardship, wars, and all the death and destruction going on in the world in was nice to turn on the TV and get some respite from all the depressing news of late. For one day we can put everything else on the back burner and maybe break into a small smile at the news for just once this year.

Don’t get me wrong my views on the monarchy haven’t changed one iota, but even I begrudgingly admit that this event has put a smile on the nations face and the record breaking 2 billion + television audience around the world.

• Like 1

Caught the kiss on the balcony, then saw some highlights and I thought it was cool. Kate looked stunning in her gown and Pippa was hot. I'm glad it's over thought, it was kinda getting a little weird that the people in England seemed to care a lot less than Americans did.

I get the ambivalence towards it, but I really don't understand the people who go out of their way to dislike it, seeing as Kate and William actually seem very nice.

Does anyone know if the British Monarchy will recognize a gay monarch? Looking at the catholic connections, I probably doubt it.

Does anyone know if the British Monarchy will recognize a gay monarch? Looking at the catholic connections, I probably doubt it.

As much as the monarchy has modernised in recent years, I don't think they're at that stage just yet. lol.

I will also point out that the monarch is also head of the Church of England, which is why no catholic, by law, can ascend to the British throne.

• Like 1