14 yr old Member Dustin

ricky

That is so sad. I'll be keeping him and the family in my thoughts and prayers for a complete and quick recovery. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Tomas

We're familiar with the Brown Recluse in Mississippi and several other species of odious arachnids.

They are very bad news. All my best wishes go out to Dustin.

I'm so scared of spiders even when they are not poisonous. But they are part of the nature, so what can we do?

My thoughts are with Dustin. Get well. :hug:

Good news so far. :2thumbs:

Dustin awoke from his induced coma today. This alone is worthy of celebration. Plus, it appears all autonomic functions are normal. Speech is impossible with all the tubes and things preventing it. He seemed at a loss as to what has happened. After all he went to bed in his own bed and woke up hurting and in the hospital with tubes everyplace.

It appears the bite site damage has remained half dollar sized and there is less danger of further damaged from the venom. :(

So keep the prayers going and the well wished thoughts as he comes out of this most unfortunate incident. I shall keep you all informed as it comes to me.

r

Yeah so happy that he's awake and things are going well! So scary that something like this should happen and he is so young too!

One more reason to live today as if it is your last.

A rut is comfortable to some. Just remember that if you fill in both ends of a rut, you have a very comfortable grave.

And most of all, keep moving. A body in motion tends to stay in motion, a body at rest tends to be worm bait.

Oh jeez. Brown recluses deal some nasty damage! Thank goodness Dustin is awake, that's a very good sign. My prayers to him and his family that he is able to fully recover. Poor little dude! This must be pretty scary.

Oh jeez. Brown recluses deal some nasty damage! Thank goodness Dustin is awake, that's a very good sign. My prayers to him and his family that he is able to fully recover. Poor little dude! This must be pretty scary.

Yes, like I said. He went to bed in his own comfy bed and woke up in the hospital with tubes everyplace. Quite scary. His mom was there and his doctor to reassure him that everything was alright. Hopefully today they will remove some of the tubes and let him start to get back to normal.

Thank you for the update ricky. I have been thinking of Dustin a lot... you too... and sending what positive energy I can. Of course with the glorious weather that has been easier :)

I'm still sending it out there and keeping my fingers crossed but so glad it's good news so far.

Do they know how long it is before he gets to go home?

No, obviously they would like him to be back in familiar surroundings as quickly as possible but it's a bit too early to talk about home although Friday is not out of the question. It depends on the tests and cognitive abilities I'm sure.