Favorite Comic Book Heros & Villains

Growing up, I absolutely loved comics and the cartoons that went with them. I'd say 90% of the stuff I rented from the video store when I was little was comic book animation series. :P With the recent spat of big hollywood adaptions that have come out, I thought it would be fun for everyone to tell their favorite comic books heros and villains.

Favorite Heros (in no order)

Batman

Spider Man

Captain America

Favorite Villans

The Green Goblin (Spider-Man)

The Joker (Batman)

Two Face (Batman)

Crossbones (Captain America)

Favorite Super Heroes:

Pretty much all the x-men

Superman...but I didn't like that new movie

Favorite Villains:

Gonna go w/ Lacey and say Magneto. He might be the least evil of all the evil villains, but his story is quite compelling, and I love that he had a reason (besides insanity, lol) for his evilness :P

Best villains ever Magneto and The Joker, hands down. I love bad guys that believe they're in the right and have a legit reason to do so, not just "I'm evil so I think evil is right." so that's Magneto and The Joker is just awesome. He's insane but he's smart about it. He's never boring or bland.

Favorite hero? Batman of course. Love his back story and the fact that he doesn't have powers aside from being a total bad ass genius detective dude. He's the goddamn Batman, what more needs to be said? lol.

• Like 1

Favorite superheroes are Gambit and the Human Torch. When I watched X-men: the animated series and Fantastic Four, those were the two that I thought were cool. I'm still hoping that they bring Johnny back from the dead.

Favorite villains are Magneto, Dr. Doom, and Lex Luthor.

Favourite superheroes

Superman

spiderman

Villains

Lex Luthor

Joker

I loved the superman shows/movies when I was young, and got hooked on smallville in my teens (maybe Tom Welling had something to do with that :P) The spiderman movies are pretty good as well. The Batman films are cool too, although sometimes a little dark for my liking

Heroes

Plastic Man

Wonder Woman

The Riddler (When he's a detective on the good side... or at least not the evil side :P )

Villains

The Riddler (When he's his old rogue self)

Baby Doll

Batman (Look in Tower of Babel - he's a complete cock and nearly gets the entire Justice League killed.)

Oh, and I thought Plas and Baby Doll might be a bit obscure so I linked images. :)

Martin

Next question....

Marvel or DC?

Man that's hard - as a kid it was totally Marvel - Thor, Avengers, Hulk, Silver Surfer - yeah thems what my favorites.

But I really think the DC graphic novels and cross over series were so much better - especially the recent Green Lantern ones. So it's hard but I'm gonna go with DC. :)

• Like 1

Man that's hard - as a kid it was totally Marvel - Thor, Avengers, Hulk, Silver Surfer - yeah thems what my favorites.

But I really think the DC graphic novels and cross over series were so much better - especially the recent Green Lantern ones. So it's hard but I'm gonna go with DC. :)

I honestly can't make up my mind on this one. :P I love Batman (he's my favorite), but I also love Spider-Man and Captain America. So one who's my favorite or two who are close seconds? Ahhhh, I can't decide!!! Posted Image

Next question....

Marvel or DC?

Marvel. Even though both companies kinda suck these days I always liked the Marvel characters better. The only thing DC has going for it is Batman. And maybe Green Lantern.

Yeah, I think the comic book business has sorta died. Its pretty much been replaced with the cartoon animation series now.

Yeah, probably. Plus they both kinda seem like they're desperately trying to stay relevant. DC keeps having these huge universe wide crossovers that more often than not just screw up continuity and piss off fans and Marvel tries way too hard to stay modern and political and just end up coming off as preachy and pretentious. I miss when comics were just about the stories and the characters.

Yeah, probably. Plus they both kinda seem like they're desperately trying to stay relevant. DC keeps having these huge universe wide crossovers that more often than not just screw up continuity and piss off fans and Marvel tries way too hard to stay modern and political and just end up coming off as preachy and pretentious. I miss when comics were just about the stories and the characters.

Well the original stories were relevant to the times they were written in as well. I know what you mean about the modernizing thing, and generally changes to canon annoy me, but they're just doing what they can to survive and draw in a new audience.

Mighty Mouse was the greatest!!! - and the Phantom.

I still quite enjoy reading a Phantom comic on the odd occasion - haven't even seen a Mighty Mouse comic for decades- maybe they don't exist any more.