Favorite Video Game Series

• 9 months later...

Has anyone else been playing Pokemon Legends: Arceus? Personally, it's a true breath of fresh air for Pokemon games in many ways. To have the 'mons to actually attack you as the player is groundbreaking for the series. The different movesets, as well as the fluidity of changing them out on the fly, brings pure delight. 

I'm not the fondest of the reuse of Sinnoh characters, as I bought the Gen 4 remake. It's just a wee bit too much Gen 4. Seeing the title Pokemon Legends, I can only assume we'll have more in the future.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:04 PM, astone2292 said:

Has anyone else been playing Pokemon Legends: Arceus? Personally, it's a true breath of fresh air for Pokemon games in many ways. To have the 'mons to actually attack you as the player is groundbreaking for the series. The different movesets, as well as the fluidity of changing them out on the fly, brings pure delight. 

I'm not the fondest of the reuse of Sinnoh characters, as I bought the Gen 4 remake. It's just a wee bit too much Gen 4. Seeing the title Pokemon Legends, I can only assume we'll have more in the future.

I've currently played Shin Megami Tensei V. I'd say I got addicted to that game for a wonderful month or two. I haven't played a Pokemon game since 2005. Haha. I might start again if Arceus goes on sale.

• Like 1
Just now, LJCC said:

I might start again if Arceus goes on sale.

That won't happen anytime soon.

This game is very different from its predecessors. It's very much Breath of the Wild meets Monster Hunter meets Pokemon. There is a heavy emphasis on the Pokedex, and this might be the first game I'll actually complete it. Simply catching the 'mon won't give you the data; you have to catch multiple, defeat multiple, catch by surprise, defeat it with super-effective moves, evolve them, witness them using certain moves in their arsenal. It's well worth the full price, in my opinion.

Our Life: Beginnings and Always, produced by GB Patch. It's an anime-style Visual Novel. The main love interest is Cove Holden, a lonely boy forced to move to the tiny town of Sunset Bird after his parents' divorce. In Chapter 1, you can create your avatar as male, female, or non-binary, and then transition in later chapters. You can also choose things like skin tone, scars, freckles, etc. Choices are actually important: your likes, dislikes, and favorite hobbies will be remembered and referenced throughout the story. How you interact with Cove will influence his overall growth as a person through childhood and adolescence. You can ignore Cove, romance him, or simply stay as friends for life. Currently, the devs are working on a Wedding bonus chapter.

There's also a sequel in the works, titled Our Life: Now and Forever. Whereas B & A has a "Summer" theme, Now and Forever is centered around "Autumn", with two romantic interests available.

Edited by Page Scrawler

I am a big Borderlands fan (all of them).  I haven't played in several months; too busy I guess. They are just a lot of fun to me.  I like the oddball characters, the guns, and the loot.  I am strictly a solo player.  I don't like having my ass handed to me by a middle school player (lol).  I used to play City of Heroes (MMORPG) back in the day.  I just bought Ghost of Tsushima.  Maybe I'll actually play it.  :)  I also loved Last of Us.  Haven't played the sequel.  I'd be totally cool if they re-did the first game but with a cute boy as the main (hehehe).

• Haha 1

Favourite game series? Hmm... for me it's a toss-up between Resident Evil and Splatoon.

I really love the classic Resident Evil games. There's just something about the action, the puzzle elements, and overall plot that just hooked me. Resident Evil 3 (original, not the remake) is probably my all-time favourite.

Splatoon has really addictive gameplay and its PVP multiplayer can get really competitive. The co-op mode is also excellent fun. I can easily spend a long while playing Splatoon 2 and end up losing track of time. Can't wait for Splatoon 3 to come out this summer.

Also, in the spirit of Valentine's, a romance game: YAGS (Yearning: A Gay Story) is probably the best gay visual novel I've played thus far. It's completely free to play, but you can choose to donate to the developer if you wish. There's 4 (+ 1) characters to romance, and a bunch of sequels, side games, and whatnot if you finish it and end up wanting more.

(I'll have to check out Our Life, a game mentioned above, though! It does sound interesting.)