I'm Christian Unless You're Gay

PrivateTim

Very powerful and everyone should read it.

It's amazing how people can consider themselves Christian and yet have so much hate. During the time Jesus lived, homosexuality was well know - let's face it, it was part of the Roman Empire - yet Jesus never made a single comment about it. Doesn't this tell you something? If he never felt it was worth a mention, then why do so many supposed Christians get so upset about it?

omg.. thanks for sharing! it's really really amazing. It actually put me to tears :,( a good happy tears tho.

I'm very very proud of them both. :hug:

This is the best article i've read so far. It made me really happy.

Hope people will change :)

the blog (Single Dad Laughing - SDL) contains the response to his original article by a mother. In the intro to this response SDL contains a link to the original article.

It is moving. I do pity his brother and the hell-hole he lives in.

This is a good life lesson. I'll keep this in mind and possibly break it out once I start teaching if the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks for sharing, it was very moving indeed.

Religion has little influence over society where I live, but the lesson on how we see other people and how we consciously or unconsciously pass judgement holds truth in every country.

Thanks for sharing, it was very moving indeed.

Religion has little influence over society where I live, but the lesson on how we see other people and how we consciously or unconsciously pass judgement holds truth in every country.

Judgment is a very powerful tool. It's one that humans - Christians included - can use with great impunity. There's no downside for us and it helps us bring some order to our own lives, helps us build fences which keep the evil that is in the world away. But judgment builds very poor fences. Love builds stronger fences.

We all make judgments all the time, but Christians, more than anyone else, should understand that "the judgment", where another will spend eternity, is not our judgment to make. We are specifically prohibited from making this judgment by the Christian scriptures. More emphasis on love and less on judgment would benefit us Christians most of all.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. Truly, this was very moving. That young man was very brave, and so was his teacher. My respect to the mom as well, for listening to her son.

Hallelujah!

It was an awesome story, touching, heartfelt, and beautiful on many levels. When even one Christian mother has cast off the chains of dogma to begin living and relating out of love for their fellow man, it's a day to celebrate.

May the day come when that philosophy is not isolated, but flows naturally into all people's thoughts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting. Hopefully this is indicative of a new school of thought, and the approaches parents take regarding homosexuality when they speak to their children (especially religious parents).

Edited by JDutrow

awesome... im a Christian... my dad, and uncle are pastors, my aunt is a lay preacher, both my grand dads were church planters, the other one was a pastor too. I'm in a Christian band and i do testimonies in church groups. In my 8 years of being a Christian (i was baptized when i was 13), and in the 21 years i've been surrounded by pastors and fellow Christians, i learned one important lesson... Jesus was all about LOVE.... and this whole hate thing... it's just antithetical to the very essence of Christianity...

thanks for sharing this article... it's awesome to know that people are beginning to understand more clearly...