What is your favourite movie/ tv series?

Former Member

Hi folks,

As the title of this topic says I'd like to know what's your favourite movie, film or tv series. Share them with me. Also what kind of genre do you prefer, where do you watch your movies; at the cinema or at home and do you bring along any friends, maybe your bf/gf?

http://s973.photobuc...t=Medium_S5.jpg

I'm currently watching Medium, season 7 at home...alone. This movie is about Allison Dubois, a woman with psychic abilities. She usually dreams about murders that are about to happen or that happened in the past.Posted Image

So as you can see I'm crazy about detective/crime movies. I just..simply love them. What about you?

Edited by cathexis93

I'm a big Sci-Fi nut, but I also like a good comedy/drama. If I had to pick just one TV Series I'd be really stuck, so here's a list in no particular order :

West Wing

Boston Legal

NCIS

NCIS:LA

House

Big Bang Theory ( I am Sheldon :P )

Eureka

And there's probably many more :D

I have a wide range of TV series I love.

I was a child of the 80s so my favs were (and still are):

The Mysterious Cities of Gold (best cartoon series ever - and big thanks to the French for finally bringing out a new series of this 30 years later)

Dogtanian and the Three Muskerhounds (cartoon series)

Prisoner Cell Block H (the Aussies will know this as Prisoner) - how my mum allowed me to watch this at the tender age of eight I don't know

V (the original, not the new remake)

The entire Star Trek universe

There were so many others but these were my favs.

The only modern day series I'm really into is The Big Bang Theory

Me and Stuby are watching All creatures great and small at the moment, snuggling up together on skype. Its all about a Yorkshire vet, and I'm from there.

Up to date with House too and Merlin.

Done Cathrine Tate.

Loads of films we are getting through too. It's how we spend our evenings.

At the moment? I'm crazy about The Walking Dead and also Terranova.

This is movie of the - not so long ago - past that I love but it just stop so suddenly before it reaches it's ending, hell the series not even halfway I think, there's only 2 season, makes me wanna hit the producer right on his head lol.

The title is 'Kyle XY'.

Favorite movie series: Star Wars. ALL of them. Even Episode 1.

Tv series: So many. Way too many to name. But I'll do a few. Firefly, Jericho, Rome, Batman The Animated Series, Sonic the Hedgehog (satAM), Star Trek (except for Voyager), Angel. For more modern stuff NCIS, CSI: Miami and when I get around to watching it I'm pretty sure I'll like Game of Thrones.

Wondering how Tim found out about Kyle XY's belly button, mind sinking into the gutter Posted Image

My favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings probably is up there, the Chris Nolan Batman movies, The wedding planner (Yes, I am a sentimentalist too), Titanic (saw it again and still love it), Shawshank Redemption (the first time a movie surpassed a book), and of course the Departed.

Favorite TV shows: Hmm...

Sci-fi/horror/ fantasy:

Star Trek (Next Generation to DS9, not voyager or Enterprise, and only a few episodes of TOS), Babylon 5, Stargate SG1/Atlantis (Sorry, I just never liked Universe), Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Night Visions, Beyond Belief fact or fiction (you might see a pattern, I love short story based horror/scifi series, too), Warehouse 13, Eureka, Heroes (1st season), Battlestar Galactica (New Series, the old one is frakkin too moral), Charmed (Yup, as conservative as I am; I just loved Charmed. Seriously, the show was fun, sad, and kept you guessing. Vanquishing demons, while keeping a fashionable is hard work), Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel (They belong together, no matter what network they are on), and Awake (it's both sci-fi and fantasy)

Drama/Action:

24, House (until season 4, when he fired the entire team. It's only gotten worse after he went to jail), One Tree Hill (I am an OTH boy, I converted when the second season of the OC was crap), Psych, Just shoot me, Queer as folk US, Rome, Tudors, The Borgias, and Spartacus (I am a huge fan of historical dramas, Spartacus being my personal favorite right now with The Borgia trailing slightly.).

I'm a big super hero series fan. Even though I've never read the comics:

I'm currently re-watching all my TV series DVDs. They include:

Smallville (Tom Welling <3_<3) a twist on Superman's Teen years.

Avatar:the Last Air Bender (a pretty great American cartoon and believe me, I've seen plenty and this is one of the best)

Heroes

I like Bones which has a forensic anthropologist solving murders by analyzing bones. Very romanticized. and OMG David Boreanaz <3_<3

I LOVED Medium by the way! I'm very into shows about psychics. lol. I guess it has to do with my interest in the superhuman. I feel like Dr. Brennan from Bones is super smart, so again sorta like a super power.

Another series about psychics which I found hilarious was the series called "America's Psychic Challenge". So "real" psychics competed to see who was the best. I don't believe anything on TV, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in psychics. Just cause I haven't seen it don't mean it don't exist.

God, I feel like a nerd. :P

The art critic in me likes watching:

"Work of Art" a competition for artists

"So You Think You Can Dance" fantastic contemporary choreographies and dancers

"America's Best Dance Crew" fantastic hip hop choreographies and dance crews

"Smash" (like the adult version of Glee, and sooooo much better, too!)

"Face Off" a competition for (special effects)make-up artists

Definitely The Big Bang Theory. This show has some of the funniest scripts on TV, definitely adult-content but here in the SF Bay Area it's on starting at 7 p.m. every night. What's even funnier IMO is that I've encountered several Sheldon wanna-be's at UC Berkeley.

Colin B)

I've been watching Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Smash and Fairly Legal. But my all time favorite TV series is still Daria. My favorite movies are definitely Good Will Hunting and Amelie. I could watch them over and over :)

Movies - Harry Potter Series (everything except the Deathly Hallows Part 2). Lord of the Rings, Sex and the City, Taxi Number 9211, Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Real Steel etc

TV Series : Desperate Housewives (love it so much!), Heroes, Fringe, Modern Family, Lost, Spartacus, StarGate Universe, Boston Legal, The Listener, 24, Dark Angel, MariMar etc

At the Moment:

- Game of Thrones

- Modern Family

- How I met your mother

- Ricky Gervais Show

- House

Past:

- Arrested Development

- Star Trek (all of it)

- bored to death

- roseanne

Movie:

- Totoro

- Princess Mononoke

- Citizen Kane

- Nosferatu

- Akira

- Tampopo

- Son of Rambow

- the Royal Tennenbaums

Lets see :D

Tv shows

1. America's Next Top Model

2. Family Guy

3. American Dad

4. Golden Girls

5.anything on Comedy Centeral lol

6. Queer as Folk

Movies there are so many but I mostly watch fantasy, and gay ones :P

1. Harry Potter

2. Twilight

3. All Hayao Miyazaki's movies

4. Death Note

5. Frozen flower

6. The king and the clown

7. Formula 17

8. The Grave of the Fireflies

and a lot more :P

wow... hmmm TV:

Doctor Who

Modern Family

Community

House

Glee

Once Upon A Time

Supernatural

and my ultimate favorite so far... HAPPY ENDINGS!

Movies:

LOTR

Narnia

HP

Mean Girls

10 things I hate About You

History Boys

Foreign Lang Films:

The Masseur

Undertow

Wasabi (lol)

Shutter

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Me and Stuby are watching All creatures great and small at the moment, snuggling up together on skype. Its all about a Yorkshire vet, and I'm from there.

Is that based on the book series by James Herriott? I loved that series when I was young.

For TV, I'm a crime drama junkie. I love all the Law and Order shows except for Criminal Intent (can't seem to get into that one).

I've recently discovered Criminal Minds and am addicted.

Of course I love Star Trek, though I kinda had to force myself to watch Enterprise. That female vulcan ruined it for me.

The Big Bang Theory and Glee are what I watch regularly these days.

I was really into Heroes when it first came out. Lost track of it after the writer's strike, but I hear that the last season sucked, so ...

Movies! Original Star Wars all the way!

Can't forget the Back to the Future Trilogy, and Lord of the Rings is a must.

Harry Potter!

and I think that's it. Movie series don't tend to work out particularly well. I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding the next Avengers movie. Posted Image

Edited by Dark

• 1 month later...

My favorite movies are Harry Potter and the Twilight saga. When it comes to TV series, I would say my favorite is True Blood. I really like fantasy and vampires are the best supernatural creatures to me. I would love to be a vampire from Twilight but I also think True Blood shows the most common known things about vampires and their powers. So, I love both sides Twilight and True Blood show about vampires.

TV Shows:

The Sopranos

Queer As Folk

Law & Order: SVU

The West Wing

Mad Men

South Park

Modern Family

Locked Up Abroad

Airline

Undercover Boss

Southland

Chicago Code

Brotherhood

American Dad

Frontline

Campus PD

...and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

Breaking bad

Heros

Dbz kid monent :P

Dead space movies

Weeds

Shameless

The wire

Chicago code

How it's made

How the earth was made

Digimon

Sons of anarchy

Family guy all those line ups on fox Sunday

Hells kitchen

Master chef

Queer as folk

And um um i think thats it.

How can you pick a favorite movie or TV series or just a few. For those of us who've been around for awhile the list gets longer and longer because there's been some pretty good ones over the years (and really bad ones). I'm almost embarrased to post my lists because they're so long compared to everone else's. And there's no way my lists are anywhere near being complete, especially movies.

To answer cathexis93 questions, I prefer to watch most movies at home unless I think (hope?) the visuals would be best suited to large screen. It doesn't matter if I'm with people or not, although it's fun to discuss the show afterwards with family and/or friends. My choices usually fall in the genres of sci-fi, mystery, action/adventure and romance.

TV:

Eureka Posted Image (canceled), Once Upon A Time, Warehouse 13, Angel, Babylon 5, Buffy, Charmed, Dead Like Me, Dead Zone, Farscape, Firefly, The 4400, Heroes (at the start), Merlin, Quantum Leap, Sliders, Star Treks (except Enterprise), Terra Nova Posted Image, Torchwood, The Twilight Zone

Big Bang Theory, Addams Family, Ally McBeal, As Time Goes By, Barney Miller, Being Erica Posted Image, Benson, Boston Legal, The Cosby Show, Designing Women, Early Edition, ER, Friends, Fantasy Island, Gilmore Girls, Golden Girls, Here Come The Brides, Home Improvement, Joan Of Arcadia, The Love Boat, M*A*S*H, Men In Trees, Moonlight, The Muppet Show, Murphy Brown, My So-Called Life, Night Court, The Pretender, Psych, Pushing Daisies, Queer As Folk, The Road To Avonlea, Sex In The City. Six Feet Under, True Blood, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Will & Grace

Bones, Castle, The Closer Posted Image, Rizzoli & Isles, NCIS, Awake Posted Image, Body Of Proof, Burn Notice, Cadfael, Cagney & Lacey, Crossing Jordan, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Cold Case, Father Dowling Mysteries, The Finder Posted Image, Hll Street Blues, In Plain Sight Posted Image, Las Vegas, Northern Exposure, NYPD Blue, Prime Suspect Posted Image, Matlock, Medium, Midsomer Murders, Moonlighting, Murder She Wrote, Numb3rs, Perry Mason, Scarecrow & Mrs King, Wake The Dead

So You Think You Can Dance, The Chew, Who Do You Think You Are, Finding Your Roots-H.L. Gates, Planet Earth

Movie:

Addams Family (both), Arsenic & Old Lace, Beauty Shop, Beetlejuice, Benny & Joon, Clue, Continental Divide, Dave, Doc Hollywood, Draw!, Dune, Enemy Mine, Fantastic 4, Father Goose, Field Of Dreams, Finding Nemo, Frequency, Fried Green Tomatoes, Galaxy Qwest, The Ghost & Mrs Muir, The Gods Must Be Crazy, Groundhog Day, Guarding Tess, Harry Potter, Hatari, Hitch, Hocus Pocus, Hook, Jesse Stone (any), I Remember Mama, In & Out, Independence Day, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Inn Of The Sixth Happiness, It's A Wonderful Life, The Lake House, A League Of Their Own, Legally Blonde, The Lord Of The Rings, Mary Poppins, Matrix (1st one), Men In Black, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc, Murphy's Romance, The Music Man, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, My Cousin Vinny, Notting Hill, Overboard, The Pirate Movie, Pollyanna, Pretty Woman, Real Genius, Regarding Henry, The Rescuers (both), Same Time Next Year, The Santa Clause (all), The Shawshank Redemption, Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr), Shrek (any), A Simple Twist Of Fate, Sister Act, Sixth Sense, Sneakers, Speed, Toy Story (any), Star Wars, Steel Magnolias, Super Mario Brothers, Trading Places, Transformers, The Trouble With Harry, True Lies, Uncle Buck, Victor/Victoria, What The Deaf Man Heard, Willie Wonka (1971), While You Were Sleeping, White Christmas, The Whole Nine Yards, X-Men/Woverine

Have I tickled anyone's memory and reminded you of shows you might have forgotten?

• Like 1

Have I tickled anyone's memory and reminded you of shows you might have forgotten?

Absolutely, Rocky. And back in the olden days, with no tubes, downloads etc. you had to make sure you were home for the series, otherwise you'd be sure to hear about it around the water cooler the next day.

I never missed ER (the early seasons), St. Elsewhere's (same) and, breaking the theme of hot guys in white coats, I remember the whole office being crazy about 30something, because most of us were around there ourselves.