Major DC superhero to come out as gay, apparently.

Don't worry Bill, we can educate you in the world of the comic geeks :P

Has anyone ever gone to one of the comic conventions by the way? I hear the DC/Marvel rivalry actually gets played out by the fans.

Now I'm off to picture Ryan Reynolds with another man...

You weren't doing that before this announcement, seriously? I thought Was compulsory for anyone who had seen the Green Lantern....or maybe it was just me.

I'm actually pretty thrilled about this. Part of me actually figured that it could be the Green Lantern, I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't going to be one of their "Popular" characters and while the Green Lantern has always been my favorite he's always been kind of secondary. I haven't read comics in ages but I might have to take them up again given the the Green Lantern is my favorite super heros.

Indeed. I'd find it interesting what Ryan Reynolds has to say about all this, considering he'll forever after be known as playing "that gay superhero." Granted, he's pretty and is easily slashed, but the actor may not be willing to be in another movie. Playing a gay man in the movies/TV is a win for some (Brokeback Mountain, anyone?), but not every actor is willing to take that risk.

I didn't think that the Green Lantern movie was all that great. :/

Alan Scott is gay. Not Hal Jordan. The one thats gay is in an alternate universe and was the original Green Lantern. Hal Jordan was the current one before DC rewound their universe. So no, Ryan Reynolds played the stright one.

And yep, his son was gay.

Really, the original Green Lantern? The guy who actually uses the lantern and not the cool ring? Meh. I was hoping it was someone I'd at least care a little about. Oh well.

Really, the original Green Lantern? The guy who actually uses the lantern and not the cool ring? Meh. I was hoping it was someone I'd at least care a little about. Oh well.

Yeah, I think most of us had the same hopes. At least make it one of the heroes that we can relate to.

Maybe Marvel will create a new superhero that we could be happy with.

Anyone has a new idea for a superhero? design? Back story? Love interests? Name?

I havent had a chance to check it out, but I like Bunker from Teen Titans. He's a cool addition. He doesnt even have a bad past. Treated regular and supported by his family. Has a bit of flair but not too overdramatic. Nice personality... Well, I feel I can relate to him anyway. :X

well he might be the original lantern but didn't they reboot it, made him younger and present?

seems pretty relevant to me...

forgive my obvious oozing green lantern bias lol... the core are my favorites after all

• 11 months later...

Anderson Coopers favorite childhood comic hero => Kamandi

Recently he realized how gay his attraction to the character, lol

he read the contents to the action figure ... for adults

bad7c837-448e-4d19-9cff-2aff525415e3.jpg

kamandilastboyonearth.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I like the fact that the superheroes that are out are getting attention, but there were other gay characters within the DC universe before that.  My personal favorite was always Richie from Static Shock.  They changed up his character when they adapted it to TV.  Cause you know, kids can't handle that stuff. *rolls eyes*