Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+31) Dead Man's Hand

oh the good question is how much the evidence is burnt up in that house

i'm surprise they not call gonzalles nor alert his uncle or father

we got to hope the press doesn't leak anythimng to bridget

CJ: Thanks for providing the tape's content and setting up Trevor to go public.

Regarding the last paragraph, is it too corny to name the next chapter "Anchor's Aweight"? Probably? Definitely?

The end is so much closer.

Thanks.

oh the good question is how much the evidence is burnt up in that house

i'm surprise they not call gonzalles nor alert his uncle or father

we got to hope the press doesn't leak anythimng to bridget

Yep, much went up with that house... very convenient, for Bridget...

They think the tape is strictly old news, no use to anyone, so they're keeping it secret for now. :)

What could the press leak to Bridget? Let's see... hrmmm... Bridget does know that the asset list was hidden with the tape. But, unless the press gets a copy of that somehow, there's probably nothing to worry about. :)

"foreshadowing"??? you mean bloody confusing twists of fate resident in the depts of the mind of one very abusive bastard!

keep it up - excellent reading!

Confusing? Would I confuse? We've now seen the tape, the thing that really launched it all (that tape is the reason Bridget has been after Trevor). We now know exactly what the cartel so fears... and also why it can't be used against them - it's not enough to destroy them, just hurt them, so all involved would end up marked for death.

And, we finally got to see Arnold Bellevue. He's the guy in the prologue, who sold Ares to Rachel. Personally, I think he and Bridget made a good couple; they were both kind of conniving. He was angling for immunity from prosecution as well as revenge, an eclectic mix.

So, all's well in the story, no tension. :)

CJ: Thanks for providing the tape's content and setting up Trevor to go public.

Regarding the last paragraph, is it too corny to name the next chapter "Anchor's Aweight"? Probably? Definitely?

The end is so much closer.

Thanks.

Hrmmm!!!!

I'll tell ya what... I'll see if I can make "Anchors Aweigh" fit, and use it... :)

Damn! I was right...that weight is gold! Let's have us a moment of silence for this very auspicious occasion!! Posted Image By the way, I wonder if the postal clerk save a copy of those papers for himself???? Or for the reporters?? Not everyone is honest like me!

This is a great chapter CJ!

By the way, the price of gold today is $1620.00 per ounce, which means if that weight is 20lbs, which is 291.66 troy ounces, so it would be worth around $472,489.20 American.

Edited by Clydee

Damn! I was right...that weight is gold! Let's have us a moment of silence for this very auspicious occasion!! Posted Image By the way, I wonder if the postal clerk save a copy of those papers for himself???? Or for the reporters?? Not everyone is honest like me!

This is a great chapter CJ!

By the way, the price of gold today is $1620.00 per ounce, which means if that weight is 20lbs, which is 291.66 troy ounces, so it would be worth around $472,489.20 American.

Well done on the gold!!

The copies of Bridget's asset list? Could he have? I suppose it's theoretically possible, but the asset list is ten pages. Trevor asked for two copies, and the copier churned out thirty pages. So, if two times ten is thirty, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. :)

And yeah, Trevor and Shane would be very wise to hold onto that gold. :)

Oh what fun we are having, thank you again CJ! "Like moths to a flame" the reporters are gathering, foreshadowing perhaps future turmoil to come with the news agencyPosted Image ??? Our slightly scattered boys finally found the VCR instructions in plain site undernieth the VCR,,, I wonder what else could be in plain site? yes we have the tape and the asset list, though it's been read by Arnold at least twice we the readers are kept in the dark, perhaps as alluded to already had we heard it we all could be at risk of the Cartel...Who are the 6 crooked policeman? And, thank you Clydee, the anchor is worth $400K+ which is peanuts compared to the potential of 1M/mo that Bridget put away in the safety deposit boxes, we can only hope that Jim's litigation against her estate will allow our heros full access!!

CJ, reading your novel reminds me of the detective stories I loved to read as a kid, hidden clues around every corner, yet in Circumnavigation the more you give us the more we want!!

Thanks again for another great chapter!Posted Image And on a lighter note, as a resident of Utah, I figured that was our writer taking time off kicking around with the goats last week, between the google award and hoofing about our mtns, his goat was surely cooked...

Posted Image .......... Well, what an interesting chapter, now we know of 6 other crooked policemen, but that was ten years ago! As deduced by a fellow reader the heavy substance was indeed gold and I think leaving it as an anchor is a great idea. The best hidden items are often in plain site. Keeping the tape secret is another good idea, but keeping its discovery from shedding light on Trevor and Shane is very much needed. Perhaps, if they only involve the FBI, they can hide the source. Maybe they can claim they found it in Bridget's guesthouse. Posted Image The asset list poses no problem for Trevor and Shane as it only names Bridget and Arnold. Haven't heard from Rodriquez in awhile, maybe he can help out!! Great chapter CJ, Wow 130 chapters already, I cannot see how you can wrap this up too soon, you have press conference and a circumnavigation to complete, along with a couple of cliffhangers still to add. I still wonder if we will see Julie again!
  • Site Administrator

Well congrats to Clydee Posted Image

So I knew that the guys' curiosity would get to them and they would watch the tape.

As far as the Asset list goes, it would just be a bunch of assets, would it not? So how would the reporter get any use out of it? Possibly the boys might be defending that it isn't a list of assets of Trevor's. I don't see how it could go any other way without the reporter knowing about the tape and that the list actually belongs to Bridget.

I bet they hear from Gonzales very soon! He will be pissed that Trevor hasn't turned everything over to him! One thing about law enforcement, they are very territorial on what they share or release to other agencies on what they have, or want others to believe they have Posted Image He is going to blow a gasket when he finds out what they are hiding from him. Might have to throw Officer Fowler in the mix too. Even though he is Trevor's uncle, he is law enforcement first I believe.

Too bad we won't get to see a sunset cruise with Ned and Shane aboard the Kookabura Posted Image

It will be interesting when we look back on this completed novel (I'm not dismissing possibility that it will be after we have rung in 2013 Posted Image ) to what the actual climax of the story is. With the upcoming media circus and the appearance on talk shows and the addition of the cartel and Bridget finding out that the asset list and the assumption of the tape also being discovered, the boys are about to head into the real climax of the story Posted Image .

By the way, does Australia have a Oprah that we could be seeing Trevor on?

Benji wants Julie in the story again but I want Grundig exposed more Posted Image

Thanks for the chapter CJ and I am already strapping myself in and wearing protective gear for the ride you are about to take us on Posted Image I'm sure it will be going over one of the most dazzling cliffs that you have ever hung out on!

Edited by wildone
  • Site Moderator

Lets not forget that some of the safe deposit boxes have already been cleaned out and Bridget had already planned on others getting to some of the other boxes. That could render the asset list useless. It's the stuff about the cartel that remains the most dangerous.

Somehow based on the info in the chapter it seems that Trevor and Shane are going to have to convincingly fake their deaths in order to get off the cartel's death list. With the Newspaper guy taking pictures and bribing the clerk, I am sure that somehow that more than the news the want to get out, will get out and that Bridget and thus the cartel will decide our two intrepid sailors must die.

I wonder if CJ is laying the groundworks for a sequel?

Posted Image ..................Nope, I doubt very much there is going to be a sequel. I think that Trevor and Shane will tell Greg (hopefully out of Grundig ear range, whom I'm beginning to find suspect thanks to Wildone) of the tape and it is decided that the tape is too much of a threat to our young voyagers. Using the 'old antique doll' as a fodder of the discovery of the tape, that would leave them out of the danger of the cartel, but maybe not Bridget. CJ left us a clue with disclosing the 'doll' after all, it was not discovered until Rachel's arrival in Australia by Ned, who sold it to a dealer. What if the story of his demise by relatives and the discovery was turned over to the police, and then the FBI? The cartel would have no reason to suspect Trevor of a 10 year old tape and see the plot as as it was, Bridget wanted Trevor killed to implicate his father and nothing more. Plus she lied to them about finding it destroying it, and killing Trevor and delivering his head to Sanchez. (or did I miss that part of her being victorious in her conquest?) Even if she didn't state that she had secured the tape, Sanchez's men knew she had implied she secured Trevor's head for him, the cartel would know hear about this. I believe Bridget made a mistake about not killing Trevor afterall. Edited by Benji

This chapter seems to imply that the cartel may have been responsible for Bridget and Arnold's daughter, Stacy's death (she was talking to friends about the cartel, then suddenly dies from an overdose) Posted Image I think Arnold believed that Bridget was responsible for this and set the scene for her demise with the evidence on board Ares.Posted Image Bridget on the other hand though needing that evidence done away with, hence the attempts on Trevors life etc... Has an ulterior objective I believe. That is the destructionPosted Image of the cartel because of the death of her daughter who she, in her own strange fashion loved. So though Trevor and Shane are in danger from Bridget Re: the finding of Arnold's tape etc.. I believe the ones in more danger are the cartel who graciously accepted Bridget Belleview into their midst not realising that she is a wolf in sheeps clothingPosted Image ... or is that goats clothing...Posted Image

Good work CJ

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..