Who misses hockey?

wildone

• Site Administrator

So is anyone else missing pro hockey like me? :(

Personally, it seems like the owners have conceded twice now and the players haven't given up anything and maybe asking for more.

What is so hard about negotiating?

• Like 1

I don't miss it - don't even understand it. However, I get the Canadian games off some of the websites and put them on a disk for a friend up in Canada - Nova Scotia hills. They cut him off from analogue. He predicted the problems with money & lack of sport, so the letters I get from him are full of it.

He supports the Habs & the Maple Leafs.

Became a member of one web group, but a couple of members had no sense of humour. When asked, I said I supported the San Francisco Flamers :) Lawd, talk about hockey sticks at dawn, or what!

I found out there was a lockout like.. last week.. lol. There has absolutely been no coverage over it. There's not a pro team in Kentucky, and I've never really liked the sport, but I hate that true Hockey fans are missing out... I'd likely like the sport better than the NBA...

Has there really been no coverage of it in the US? I hear about it every day here.

I do miss it though. I want to see the Canucks struggle at the start like always only to slowly improve and build some momentum around January. Then maybe they can do well in the playoffs again.

Plus if there is no season, how can I defeat whoever it was that won the last hockey playoff pool?

Has there really been no coverage of it in the US? I hear about it every day here.

I do miss it though. I want to see the Canucks struggle at the start like always only to slowly improve and build some momentum around January. Then maybe they can do well in the playoffs again.

Plus if there is no season, how can I defeat whoever it was that won the last hockey playoff pool?

There has been virtually no talk of it here. ESPN has a monopoly on sports coverage in the United States, and they are too busy kissing ass to the NBA to notice anything about the NHL. I watch Sportscenter almost daily and they rarely ever mention it. When there was a NFL and NBA lockout, it took up 45 minutes of every hour of Sportscenter. Its absolutely sickening and makes me really hate ESPN.

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1

Aha! What does 'Canucks' stand for?

Canucks is a slang term to call us Canadians. We are Canucks. Posted Image Although in this case, Canucks refers to Vancouvers NHL team, the Vancouver Canucks.

• Site Administrator

3 days in a row of talks and supposedly having progress :)

Maybe there is a chance of you taking out Matt, Ramon :D

(in the hockey pool 0:) )

• 2 weeks later...

One NHL club is finding an outlet for its idle resources...Smashmobs!

The Nashville Predators surprised a youth hockey game by bringing the full NHL experience to the rink. The families and kids were stunned to see and hear the NHL announcer, Paul McCann, the national anthem, the Predators mascot, Gnash, head coach Barry Trotz in the bench area, cheerleaders, a band, sports reporters, and about 250 unexpected fans take over the game.

Edited by MikeL

• Site Administrator

That was touching :)

I heard on the radio on the way home that even though Betmann said they are about a billion dollars apart, it is only 90 million :o

Must be interesting to speak of that much money like nickels and dimes :P

I really miss the NHL and in particular the Maple Leafs. I grew up in Canada and played hockey as a kid and I think it's the best sport in the world. I live in the UK now and I don't understand what's going on. I can only guess that it is the players on strike for more money. There is absolutely no news on it over here at all, which isn't surprising because the Brits are not really into hockey. I am surprised to hear that there is not a lot of coverage in the US though considering they have most of the teams in the NHL. If this is the case then the strike isn't working and they need to agree on a deal soon.

Feel sorry for the fans over there because all other North American sports are boring. Rather watch the EPL.

• Like 1

I really miss the NHL and in particular the Maple Leafs. I grew up in Canada and played hockey as a kid and I think it's the best sport in the world. I live in the UK now and I don't understand what's going on. I can only guess that it is the players on strike for more money. There is absolutely no news on it over here at all, which isn't surprising because the Brits are not really into hockey. I am surprised to hear that there is not a lot of coverage in the US though considering they have most of the teams in the NHL. If this is the case then the strike isn't working and they need to agree on a deal soon.

Feel sorry for the fans over there because all other North American sports are boring. Rather watch the EPL.

yay on the first post!

I'm not all that surprised from the lack of coverage in the US. Hockey is not important in the us, with the exception from the original teams (Chicago, Detroit, Boston, NYC-R), an I don't care mentality is there.

I do hope the lockout ends, because I'm really tired of the sports channels presenting old canada/russia or habs/nordiques games.

• Site Administrator

Just my opinion, i think the fans and the media are tired of the constant work stoppages between the NHL and the Players Association. Really, other than a 5 second update daily, there sure doesn't seem like there is any coverage in the Canadian media either.

I still maintain that both sides are to blame. Owners are willing to sit on the side until they get what they want, while the players still want unreasonable demands.

I don't miss hockey at all, because I haven't given it up. Try this: go to a hockey game at either a local college/university, or a junior league game. True, it's not the NHL, but they games can be good. They're also a lot cheaper to go to. And most important of all, your attendance will actually make a difference to those young guys, who often look up at relatively empty stands.

Aha! What does 'Canucks' stand for?

Evidently you are not aware of the great country of CANADA and nicknames of hockey teams --- check it out on google and / or other search ---- the "puck is in your net"!

• 2 weeks later...

They should have labeled the bag in the middle as 'Fans'.

Agreed. The previous lockout, just 8 years ago, resulted in the whole season being cancelled. Are we headed there again?

I don't miss hockey at all, because I haven't given it up. Try this: go to a hockey game at either a local college/university, or a junior league game. True, it's not the NHL, but they games can be good. They're also a lot cheaper to go to. And most important of all, your attendance will actually make a difference to those young guys, who often look up at relatively empty stands.

I'm sure that's the only thing you're interested in giving to those young college men...inspiration.Posted Image Posted Image