Would you like some radish chips my dear?  Well actually these are dicon chips ( not entirely sure i spelled that right)  the huge white sort of carrot shaped radishes.

OK - now that one i want the recipe for!!!  Three of my favorites and i just put 10 pounds of blueberries into the freezer!  PM it to me please please please???

could always make a Tequila Blueberry Cheesecake for dessert lol

Daithi you are now duty bound to share. do it.

also, what do you guys think of collected GA recipes? i seem to be collecting a few and we could put it out as an ebook maybe.

It's more a collection of ingredients I don't measure but rather go by taste and a lot of variation to the sauce. I've made it with sour cherries and cherry whisky, chocolate and kahlua its just a mater of matching liquor with fruit.  It's also diabetic friendly since both my parents are diabetic and I have adapted it so that they can have it in moderation.  No baking either other than the crust. So if anyone wants it I can pm them or just post it here.

It's more a collection of ingredients I don't measure but rather go by taste and a lot of variation to the sauce. I've made it with sour cherries and cherry whisky, chocolate and kahlua its just a mater of matching liquor with fruit.  It's also diabetic friendly since both my parents are diabetic and I have adapted it so that they can have it in moderation.  No baking either other than the crust. So if anyone wants it I can pm them or just post it here.

post it here. that's a good evil dessert genius....

Okay here goes now usually when I make this its for weddings, anniversary large get together usually in a very large roasting style pan but you can also make it pie style just a matter of increasing/decreasing ingredients.

So the crust is simple just your basic graham crackers melted butter and white sugar..just follow directions on the box. Just make sure that it's heated enough that when it's cooled off and you brush the top of the crust you don't get crumbs.  Nothing worse than having a beautiful white cheesecake with freckles, though I guess if you use the cherry sauce it would match.( red head with freckles) .  Lol if your lazy like I am or want a smaller pieces you can use the bought graham cracker pie shells in grocery store, a little sweeter tasting but work just as well, this also makes awesome individual tarts as well.

Now for the base simple as pie. 2 pckgs of Philadelphia cream cheese (light or register doesn't matter have used both)

500g pck of Nutrifil whip topping ( here again you can use any whipped creme but this one allows for diabetic consumption)

That is your basic ingredients if you want say a 9x13 pan then just double it but always keep ratio of two cheese one whip cream.  Always whip the cream cheese first til it's smooth no lumps in separate bowl whip up whip cream til peaks are formed. Add the cream cheese to the whip cream and blend til there are no lumps. Now this is where the taste part comes into effect. Taste your base you need to add enough icing sugar to take the slightly bitter or astringent taste of the cream cheese, usually maybe half a teaspoon or to taste. When I first adapted this I didn't like the taste of cream cheese so I had more sugar but eventually dropped the amount but you will need a little bit or it grates a bit with the sauce.  Set in fridge til you are ready to assemble.

Now for the topping, again very simple and taste testing is a must lol.

Fresh iron frozen blueberries in saucepan on stove add enough water half a cup so that as they are cooked it makes a sauce and they don't burn.  Add about tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to perk up the blueberry taste. Bring to a simmer careful not to over stir as you don't want to crush the berries. When you see the berries start to break down then you can add 1/2-3/4 of a cup of good tequila. Bring to boil, this is necessary to thicken sauce but you also need to boil off the majority of alcohol for diabetic consumption remember the alcohol might be gone but the tequila taste is enhanced by doing this.  Now add enough sugar to taste so that you have a smooth fruit taste and not a pucker you lips taste lol. And then after it reaches a boil add in a glass add cool water and I heaped teaspoon of cornstarch mix well with no lumps. Slowly add this to the blueberries til sauce starts to thicken.  Take off of burner and set til it cools everyone once in a while stir to release heat and prevent a skin on top of sauce.

Now to assemble after everything has cooled off its time to slap it together lol. Here again are variations of doing it.

The way I usually do it is scoop out the cream cheese base with scoops in each corner and the middle this will cut down on freckles or breaking the crust since you are just connecting the piles. Use all the base and smooth to a flat spread on top. Now you can take the topping and layer it onto the cream cheese base or for a more elegant setting put sauce in a three with ladle and ladle sauce over the cut dessert. Either or doesn't effect taste just presentation.  For a variation you can also spread a thin layer of the sauce on the graham crust then add the cream cheese base a little more fiddle but taste awesome and looks great too.  Depending on how much of the cake I have made it will also make various sauces like the sour cherry whiskey sauce, peach snappes, chocolate/kahlua. Put them in separate dishes and serve by request. Very adaptable recipe looks and taste lime a very rich dessert but only you will know bow simple it is. 

Well there it is any questions let me know.  Oh and make sure after assembling it goes in the fridge for at least and hour to set anf gelled together covered will last three or fours days in the fridge. Granted I never seem to have any left after I start serving it but you never know lol.

• Like 1

I love the idea of collecting all our favorite recipes and putting em in one place.  If we've made variations like Daithi for lower sugar/carb counts those should be included too!  Lots of us either have diabetic issues or are trying to lose weight.

I like the idea of having a section for trading recipes. I have read so many stories with recipes in it. Being able to see or even make some of the recipes mentioned in stories would be awesome. The fact that we have so many writers from around the world just makes it that much nicer.  Lol really now take for example you guys you all know you want to try a bit of Spotted Dick now don't you. Yes I know what it is and get your mind out of the gutter cause it ain't that either lol.

I love the idea of collecting all our favorite recipes and putting em in one place.  If we've made variations like Daithi for lower sugar/carb counts those should be included too!  Lots of us either have diabetic issues or are trying to lose weight.

Speaking of which, i am playing with your cobbler recipe to make a version which works for UK palettes a little more. we just never use that much butter in anything. Cris blames the fact that you guys never really had rationing...

Watch Paula Deen on the cooking channel.  She uses butter in EVERYTHING.  My mother made cookies last night with a half kilo of butter.  A HALF KILO.

Paula Deen on food network is history though, they announced her contract would not be renewed at the end of June.

Paula Deen on food network is history though, they announced her contract would not be renewed at the end of June.

That doesn't mean people aren't goig to be using her recipes.  OR that she's going to stop cooking and posting her recipes.  She is one of the most well-liked people on Pinterest.  Her TV appearances may trickle off a bit, but she'll always be a legend.  At least in America.  She was the Grand Marshal of the Rose Parade.  People in the States don't forget that kind of stuff.

That doesn't mean people aren't goig to be using her recipes.  OR that she's going to stop cooking and posting her recipes.  She is one of the most well-liked people on Pinterest.  Her TV appearances may trickle off a bit, but she'll always be a legend.  At least in America.  She was the Grand Marshal of the Rose Parade.  People in the States don't forget that kind of stuff.

Yeah, but do you know why the didn't renew her contract? Not that it says anything about the quality of her cooking, I only wonder sometimes what's going on in the head of people we think we know only because we see them in movies or cook their recipes.

BTW there is another thread you all might be interested in: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/35731-are-you-ready-to-trade-recipes/

Edited by aditus

Speaking of which, i am playing with your cobbler recipe to make a version which works for UK palettes a little more. we just never use that much butter in anything. Cris blames the fact that you guys never really had rationing...

Tinker away!  I gave you the original recipe I had gotten. I have cut way back on the sugar contents in the fruit syrups. Messing with the sugar in the batter didn't turn out well at all but using a good sugar substitute did. Careful tho - some of those are sweeter than the sugar is!

I may follow a recipe a time or two - and keep the original for reference, but after that almost anything is fair game for experimentation in my kitchen!

Would you like some radish chips my dear?  Well actually these are dicon chips ( not entirely sure i spelled that right)  the huge white sort of carrot shaped radishes.

It's spelled daikon. :)

I made a cake!

gallery_18409_1029_46453.jpg

Three layer sponge cake, drenched in orange juice (not too drenched, just so it's not dry). On first layer, strawberry slices. On the second, banana slices. Top layer, a metric f*cktonne of whipped cream and whatever strawberries you have left. Om nom nom!

Yeah, but do you know why the didn't renew her contract? Not that it says anything about the quality of her cooking, I only wonder sometimes what's going on in the head of people we think we know only because we see them in movies or cook their recipes.

BTW there is another thread you all might be interested in: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/35731-are-you-ready-to-trade-recipes/

I don't need to like her politics or aprove of her opinions to like Paula Dean's recipes.  The biggest act of idiocy i ever say was a woman who tossed away a hand written cookbook left by her great grandmother that contained all sorts of old family recipes that are lost now. Her reasoning?  Apparently great gram and gramps owned slaves and she felt using the cookbook would have been endorsing slavery.

Edited by Kitt

It's spelled daikon. :)

I made a cake!

gallery_18409_1029_46453.jpg

Three layer sponge cake, drenched in orange juice (not too drenched, just so it's not dry). On first layer, strawberry slices. On the second, banana slices. Top layer, a metric f*cktonne of whipped cream and whatever strawberries you have left. Om nom nom!

Looks delicious ! I am not very good at baking cakes but this I must try :)