• Site Administrator

Were you in my kitchen Thorne? I made that 2 nights ago! :) Last night was southern style hashbrowns with peppers, applewood smoked bacon, and fluffy scrambled eggs topped with local cheddar cheese. *grabs left arm* I feel my arteries clogging already but damn it was good! I'm being good tonight; we'll have baked lemon pepper chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), some brown rice, and veggies.

Oh yes.  Me and my neighbors are goig to have a tropical fruit party on Wednesday.  We're going to have yangmei and watermelon and some other things.  I'll take lots of pics!

Are you doing dips and stuff for the fruit? My kids love frozen grapes they can spear and then dip in plain yogurt sweetened with a little bit of honey and cinnamon. It's a hot day treat they never pass up.

My kids love frozen grapes they can spear and then dip in plain yogurt sweetened with a little bit of honey and cinnamon. It's a hot day treat they never pass up.

I want to be in your house on a hot day too Cia. I'm fully trained and i barely shed at all. feed me?

Also, we are having chicken tonight too, only this one is wrapped in bacon and smothered in cheese and stuffed with all sorts of tasty mcgubbins. omnomnom

• Like 1

GAAAH! It's too hawt to eat.

Too much humidity. 96 degrees (35.5 C).

What have you got for summer vittles?

I know how you feel.  We have like 110 humidity here.  Try to eat something spicy.  The locals here say that you have to eat spicy food to keep the wetness out. :)

• Site Administrator

GAAAH! It's too hawt to eat.

Too much humidity. 96 degrees (35.5 C).

What have you got for summer vittles?

Grilling, of course. Subs, lots of veggies and sliced meats and cheeses ... another kid favorite. Cold pasta and chicken salads, pestos, tacos ... stuff that is quick and requires minimal cooking. Oddly enough, I pull out the crockpot a lot in summer too. I also have one of those turkey roaster plug in 'ovens'. I plug it in the garage and set it on the washer, then bake stuff out there since it operates with the same degree system as the regular oven.

Boyfriend requested vegetarian today, so I obliged. Went with pasta for dinner. Capelletti stuffed with grilled peppers and cheese (I didn't make these from scratch, I found them in the shop and they looked tasty). I made a tomato sauce with yellow peppers, red onion, garlic and zucchini. Flavoured arrabiata with cayenne and piri piri, plus nutmeg, oregano and paprika. Om nom!

• Like 1

Boyfriend requested vegetarian today, so I obliged. Went with pasta for dinner. Capelletti stuffed with grilled peppers and cheese (I didn't make these from scratch, I found them in the shop and they looked tasty). I made a tomato sauce with yellow peppers, red onion, garlic and zucchini. Flavoured arrabiata with cayenne and piri piri, plus nutmeg, oregano and paprika. Om nom!

that does sound pretty omnomnomy, even for vegetarian food.

that does sound pretty omnomnomy, even for vegetarian food.

We try to change it up a bit. We both enjoy meat, but doing veggie days feels really good. I actually sometimes go periodically vegan, a relic from the time I was religious and observed lent. I know a lot of recipes for really tasty vegetarian and vegan food.

• Like 2

We try to change it up a bit. We both enjoy meat, but doing veggie days feels really good. I actually sometimes go periodically vegan, a relic from the time I was religious and observed lent. I know a lot of recipes for really tasty vegetarian and vegan food.

Share please~?

Share please~?

I'll look some of them up tomorrow. :) In the cases where I've at all got specific quantities of the ingredients (as previously mentioned I'm a very intuitive chef and rarely use recipes in the traditional sense) they're all in metric, hope that's okay. :P

I'll look some of them up tomorrow. :) In the cases where I've at all got specific quantities of the ingredients (as previously mentioned I'm a very intuitive chef and rarely use recipes in the traditional sense) they're all in metric, hope that's okay. :P

You underestimate me.  I'm a chemistry person.  Everything I do is almost all in metric! ;)

Watermelon party was a huge success!  I will post pictures soon.  But here's the recipe I used.  (All Relative of course)

Half cup (whatever cup you plan on using) watermelon juice

a splash of mandarin infused vodka (I used absolut)

a splash of yangmei wine (optional)

top it off with cranberry juice and fresh fruit!

SO delicious

• Site Administrator

Watermelon party was a huge success!  I will post pictures soon.  But here's the recipe I used.  (All Relative of course)

SO delicious

Sounds potent ... and quite fruitful. :P

SO delicious

Thanks, I am gonna try this, sounds delicious :)

Metric! you all scare me.

ounces for the win

The Commonwealth has officially gone metric, you know. ;)

Spent a lovely evening with two of my best friends tonight. We had grilled scallops with a sauce made of sesame seed oil, soy, roasted garlic and ginger for a starter. Main course was pork medallions with creamy ginger infused mash and another soy-based sauce with fresh ginger (can you tell Edd loves ginger?), plus salad made from red peppers and baby leaf spinach. Dessert was carrot cupcakes with butter frosting. We drank a bottle of Maqués de Cáceres Reserva 2008 with dinner, and a Contessa Matilde Lambrusco di Sorbara with dessert, followed by first flush darjeeling. I am so full right now!