Austin Mahone- The Next Justin Beiber?

There's a new singer being touted as the next Justin Bieber...his new video "What About Love" has already garnered 10 million views in just three or so weeks.

What do you guys think? *waits for what will surely be a funny reaction from Tet*

It's not a coincidence that this boy is so similar to Beiber.  I'm pretty sure they use a secret recipe to crank out these pop stars.  They have a recipe for the music too.  It's OK, I like the sound, and I don't mind that these guys are created just for the purpose of making a dollar.  I would like to see someone really new and talented for a change.  It's a lot like pizza.  It's lots of fun to eat, but it's hard to come up with a new variety so everyone just keeps buying what they can get.

• Like 1

I'd actually heard his "Say Something" single a while back, and I think he has the potential to be another boy star.  It will be funny to see if he does well enough to challenge Bieber's hold on that teen-boy-singer market (whatever you call it), and would be even more hilarious if they got into a bitch-slapping contest over who was better.

• Like 1

Clearly none of you share my hopes and dreams for a classic bitch fight between these two divas.  I'm seeing Twitter rants, maybe even fan riots when someone wheres a Bieber t-shirt to a Mahone concert...   :P 

• Like 1

For a while, I thought the stocking cap was to cover up premature baldness.   lol

Marc, I'm not sure about the bitch fight - it might be just the security teams mixing it up or possibly someone pulling a gun.  Hell, Justin might even try to run him over with his Ferari. 

Great another cute boy singer with mediocre talent and tons of faux-ghetto attitude.  What will the world think of next?

In my day it was boy band frenzy, N-Sync, Backstreet. at least Justin Timberlake came out of the trash heap ok.

I think I'll go back to listening to Marin Marais now.

I think Bieber is better. Which, considering that I cannot stand the brat, is saying something. (I once slept a full night in my friend's little sister's room, which was wallpapered with Bieber posters. I couldn't sleep, he was staring at me all night.)

Also, off topic: crazyfish, huge kudos for your location. Love it when people get their mythologies right! :D

He has done some other stuff as well, I think there is a single called Say Something and 11:11 which is a few years old now.

He's another commercially viable teenage pretty boy that will have a million 10 year old girls screaming like rookies at a riot, and buying every song he sings about how beautiful they are.

Madness, but that is pop culture and boy wonders for you. It is nothing new. You just got to look back at the likes of Jackson 5, Donny Osmond, Bobby Vee and Ricky Nelson. :P

Whoever choreographed the dance routine in that video should be shot! A lot of wobbly knees makes him look more like he has rubber legs, or is very inebriated and not got a lot of talent.

Bieber could sing once upon a time. His voice is gone now. I hear he is off to Ibiza for the summer, where he plans to take up DJing!

Oh dear.....that could be painful. Gangster urban ghetto does not fit well with the EDM scene me finks.

• Like 1

Clearly none of you share my hopes and dreams for a classic bitch fight between these two divas.  I'm seeing Twitter rants, maybe even fan riots when someone wheres a Bieber t-shirt to a Mahone concert...   :P

I'm with you on that one. Twitter fan bitch fits are hilarious. 1D vs. TW ones are pretty funny.

The thing is that Justin is trying to transition to a more adult sound, so it makes sense for there to a younger guy in the same vein waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

Madness, but that is pop culture and boy wonders for you. It is nothing new. You just got to look back at the likes of Jackson 5, Donny Osmond, Bobby Vee and Ricky Nelson. :P

Michael Jackson was really talented, though, and way younger than any of these kids when he started with the Jackson 5. Also, Stevie Wonder started off quite young, but was also epically talented, not to mention blind from birth which makes everything so much more impressive.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...