Excuse me, but since a marathon is defined as 26 and a bit miles, how does one run a short marathon?

Lol.. they call it a Marathon, who am I to argue? Nah, it's probably a good 10 miles.

Krista

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no one? I'll give another try:

1. I wrote my first story at the age of 8.

2. I never won a medal.

3. I never participated in a quiz or sports competition.

Ieshwar

2. I never won a medal.

Ieshwar

I'm going to say 3 is the lie.

1. My hair comprises three colours.

2. I got six fingers on my left hand.

3. I'm half-married.

1. my hair has been 5 different colors before (not all at the same time)

2. i love the color pink

3. my favorite food is chocolate anything

1. I run a Marathon every early spring.

2. I have a published book of poetry.

3. I donate my hair to, 'Locks for Love' twice every year.

LOL, for the record I had guessed all three of these correctly. :boy::P

2. I never won a medal.

Ieshwar

I'm thinking number 1 is the lie! I bet you wrote your first story at some other fairly young age.

I may be being ethnocentric here, but I ruled out #2 and #3 because, in my area of the US anyway, it would be pretty much impossible for someone 17 to have managed to avoid doing #2 and #3 (unless he/she were home schooled perhaps). They pretty much force everyone to participate in quizes and sporting events occasionally, and by the same token they often just hand out little trinkets to everyone.

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • Site Administrator

2. I never won a medal.

Ieshwar

Since my eldest boy wrote his first story at the age of seven, and my youngest wrote his first at the age of six, I find #1 quite believable :)

It would be difficult (but not impossible) to win a medal without participating in a quiz or sports competition, so I'm going with #3 as the lie. If #2 was a lie, it would imply that #3 was also a lie -- which breaks the rule of the game. Hence #3 is the lie.

Ok, ok, finally I got you all. Yep, even you Kevin. This one you couldn't guess.

#1 is true. I wrote a very small story about horses. A few years ago when I found it in a box, I was horrified by the amount of grammatical errors.

The #3 is true too. I never participated in quizzes or even less sports competitions. We lay much more emphasis on academic performance here.

The #2 is the lie. Ok, you must be thinking like Graeme and wonder how that's possible. The fact is at age of 16, we sit for national examinations. And being first in chemistry in the whole country, I was awarded a gold medal. It was neither a quiz nor a sports competition!

Ieshwar

Who's next?

Wouldn't examination be synonymous with quiz? The only difference is that quizzes are generally short, but any quiz or exam that has the potential to earn the taker a medal would surely be a significant 'quiz'... jus sayin'... BTW congrats on the award. I have no idea how large Mauritius is but I imagine that best-in-the-country is quite a feat!

I guess I'll do one now...

1. I have never been to a concert in my entire young life.

2. I once masturbated to a fantasy of mine that involved a guy in one of my classes, and 20 minutes later he showed up at my door.

3. My car has won an award.

• Site Administrator
Wouldn't examination be synonymous with quiz? The only difference is that quizzes are generally short, but any quiz or exam that has the potential to earn the taker a medal would surely be a significant 'quiz'... jus sayin'... BTW congrats on the award. I have no idea how large Mauritius is but I imagine that best-in-the-country is quite a feat!

I agree with the congratulations part! Well done!

I think I would distinguish between a quiz and an exam. A quiz has the connotation of being more informal.

2. I once masturbated to a fantasy of mine that involved a guy in one of my classes, and 20 minutes later he showed up at my door.

Tough one. I'm going with #1 as the lie. It's not that improbable -- I hadn't been to a concert when I was 20, either.

#2 is weird enough to be true. If it turns out to be the lie, it'll be precise detail that stuffs it up (eg. the guy wasn't in your class, or it wasn't 20 minutes).

You are keen enough about your car, that I think you could win an award if you wanted to. I just don't know if you're the sort to enter your car into competitions to win awards.... For the moment, I'm guessing you are.

Definitely one. That's a guy, who has never been to a concert or disco in his 17 years of life, is saying.

The second sounds true and if it was true, I would have liked to see your face when it happened!

The #3 sounds plausible, given the LOTS of enthusiasm and love you have for your car!

Ieshwar

P.S Thanks for the congrats.

Wouldn't examination be synonymous with quiz? The only difference is that quizzes are generally short, but any quiz or

Well I know number 2 is true, because you've mentioned it elsewhere before.

I think that while number 3 is probably much more likely true than number one, that you've put it there to throw us off since your car enthusiasm is well known. Thus I'm going to conclude that number 1 IS true (and advise you to rectify that by attending the next large concert in your area :P ), and that number 3 is in fact FALSE.

Kevin :boy:

I guess I'll do one now...

I'm gonna guess number three :P

Let's see... I'm going with No. 1 as the lie. You've said something similar to No. 2 before, I believe in the confessions thread. You like cars so I'm guessing you could spend enough time on your own car to get it to an Award Winning status of some kind. :)

Krista

Let's see... I'm going with No. 1 as the lie. You've said something similar to No. 2 before, I believe in the confessions thread. You like cars so I'm guessing you could spend enough time on your own car to get it to an Award Winning status of some kind. :)

Krista

Yeah but if he still drives a Pontiac then number three is definitely the lie

Hmm, lol.. no I didn't know about the Pontiac, but eh.. just a game.

Krista

• Site Administrator
1. I read Maxim

2. I watch (and :wub: ) Day's of Our Lives

3. Macaroni and Cheese with Hamburer stired in is my favorite dish in the whole wide world....right behind grits

I'll bite. It has to be #3. How can anyone like all of those foods??? :P

Ok, I'll go again.......

1. I read Maxim

3. Macaroni and Cheese with Hamburer stired in is my favorite dish in the whole wide world....right behind grits

... I'll go with Three as well. Does anyone like Grits? I don't think I've ever seen it.. just the word.. "Grits" doesn't sound all that taste-pleasing... lol. Although Mac-n-cheese w/hamburger is grand. Easy to make and not too many people complain while they're eating it.

Krista

• Site Administrator
1. I fly an ultralight for a hobby

2. My niece had a major part in Garage Days

3. I did a television commercial that aired for a year.

I'm calling #3 as the lie. I can't think of the last commerical I've seen on TV that aired for a full year. I know there are some, but they are very, very few....

Geico commercials have a long shelf-life... lol.. So I'm going with No. 2 as the lie. Maybe it was a less important part?.. lol. I'm becomming terrible at this game...

Krista

Imma cut you boy...

LOL, number three was the lie, but not because the car is a Pontiac.

1. This is true, but I only put it there because I am going to a concert on Long Island with my sister tomorrow night!

2. This is quite true, and I totally forgot that I mentioned it here. I remember telling Snow Dog about it but I assumed that I didn't mention it here. He showed up for jello shots with a girl who is going to be roommates with the three girls that my roommates and I are friends with and will be living across the hall from next year. He is not dating anyone at this time, so I am still hoping that there is a minute chance with him. I doubt he is gay though since he is an Eagle Scout.

3. My car has only been in one competition, and it was against its will. I go to the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals every year in Carlisle PA (started when I had a Mopar of my own). I stay at a hotel in Harrisburg with my old Mopar car club which does awards for the members of the club. One of the awards was "Best non-LH" (LH is the platform of my old car and most of the cars in the club, Dodge Intrepid, Chrysler 300M, Chrysler Concorde, Eagle Vision, etc.). Of the cars there only three qualified for the award, a Mitsubishi Eclipse, my Grand Prix, and another guys Mazda 3. The Eclipse did not participate since its owner has an Intrepid that had already won a few awards earlier in the day. I let them pour over my car to judge since it otherwise would have been pointless to have the trophy. I lost only because my 2003 car had a lot of mileage on it (85,000 at the time) and the 3 was newer and therefore edgier. However, I got many compliments with how clean the car was and that it was the cleanest white they ever saw. That in of itself was rewarding enough to me, since the color is actually Ivory, which is an off-white that looks dirty when compared to a car that is bright white. We're doing it again in a month, and I might have a better chance now that I have installed an HID system, have completed my audio mods, and am looking seriously into replacing my damaged bumper with one from a higher trim level.

Other than that, I don't take it to shows. I took it to a mod day hosted by my Pontiac club, but it wasn't a show. It was amongst many better cars, and still got a lot more attention than I anticipated.

Having said ALL that, I would like to point out that I have a profile for it on a website called Carster.com. On there, you can have showdown challenges with other people's cars. To date I have beaten many cars, including much better Grand Prix's, a Porsche 911 Turbo, a few NICE Thunderbirds, etc.

... I'll go with Three as well. Does anyone like Grits? I don't think I've ever seen it.. just the word.. "Grits" doesn't sound all that taste-pleasing... lol. Although Mac-n-cheese w/hamburger is grand. Easy to make and not too many people complain while they're eating it.

Krista

No self-respecting southerner dislikes grits, evil woman! :angry:

Ok, I'll go again.......

1. I read Maxim

Hmm, I'm going to go with number 2 as the lie. Number one seems reasonable and spot on. Number 3 I personally think is really gross, but it sounds like something you (or a typical person) would eat and enjoy. I don't eat meat and I don't eat pasta - and of all the pastas available macaroni is probably the grossest (worst of the worst). As for cheese, well normally I'm a HUGE fan of anything cheesey, but the cheese typically used is Mac and Cheese is usually pretty icky (and actually I suspect the cheese in M&C is the reason that I have a strong preference for white/pale yellow cheeses over orange cheeses). Grits are good though :D

I think it's number 2 because I think you either don't like soap operas at all OR, you do, but not this one.

Krista

I was going to say "I'd complain about it while eating it"...then I realized I'd never be eating it in the first place LOL :P:boy:

HMM, I think # 2 is the lie. I suspect your niece had a major part in something else, or it was someone close to you other than your niece who had the part in Garage Days.

For some reason I find # 1 to be the most likely. And I think # 3 is cool in that, it's probably true sorta way.

Edited by AFriendlyFace